Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Seeker

Describing meditation?

Greetings all,

Just had some thoughts I wanted to share. Ive been practicing meditation for almost 5 years now and I am eternally grateful for continuing the practice for all these years.

One thing I have noticed amongst people who meditate is the continuous romanticizing of the practice. From the bottom of my heart, meditation is the most beautiful thing I have ever done. However, I feel we sometimes do a disservice to the true beauty of the practice when we romanticize it. I often hear people speak of meditation in ways like:

"Meditation is becoming one with the universe"
"Oneness and love"
"Chakras, kundalini awakening, enlightenment"
"No thoughts"

Just to name a few, you get what I am saying. I hear all these beautiful terms to describe the practice. Don't get me wrong, all these things can be experienced in meditation. But I believe we are doing a disservice to pass along the message that this is what meditation is about. We often forget about the uncomfortable thoughts and feelings that will inevitably arise during meditation. I believe meditation is not about being meditative 24/7, I believe its about being a witness to WHATEVER is arising within you whether that be blissful or uncomfortable.

When we approach meditation with the intention of some pseudo spiritual motive, I believe we are consciously and subconsciously suppressing what is actually happening within us. A silent mind cannot be described in "spiritual" terms or phrases regardless of how beautiful those terms or phrases may sound.

Just some thoughts, feel free to share your opinion!