Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-01-2015, 05:28 AM
yumi14

brain waves at time of death? will it matter for the afterlife?

Would it be better to be fully conscious at the time of death?

Do altered brain waves make a difference when one enters the afterlife?

Alpha, beta, delta, theta, etc....? If a person is in a sleep or even coma state, is the transition any different?

Old 31-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Would it be better to be fully conscious at the time of death?

Do altered brain waves make a difference when one enters the afterlife?

Alpha, beta, delta, theta, etc....? If a person is in a sleep or even coma state, is the transition any different?

Very interesting question and just read there is a surge of brain activity seen right after death simialar to wakeful consciousness. Perhaps neuroscience can prove something here.What happens after that I do not know.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Knower
Thinking of the Lord all the time will surely prepare you for death as it will mean you will surely pass, thinking of the Lord. This will mean you will automatically be transferred back to Godhead.

This article sums it up nicely
http://harekrishnajapa.com/25-chanti...time-of-death/

I wouldn't be too worried about the death process itself as it is more of a transition. What we can do is learn to love and complete what we've come here for, this will surely prepare you well and be of real benefit on where you go next.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
Thinking of the Lord all the time will surely prepare you for death as it will mean you will surely pass, thinking of the Lord. This will mean you will automatically be transferred back to Godhead.

This article sums it up nicely
http://harekrishnajapa.com/25-chanti...time-of-death/

I wouldn't be too worried about the death process itself as it is more of a transition. What we can do is learn to love and complete what we've come here for, this will surely prepare you well and be of real benefit on where you go next.

i do not think so. the life review reviews the whole life.not just the end.

kk
Old 09-02-2015, 01:45 AM
LoveRules21494

I believe i can help you but neec to know what do you mean by altered brain waves?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:49 AM
Master
Brain waves, probably not much. However, I would imagine the state of your awareness/being would be more apt to your passing. Ie, if you are in a state of bliss, as opposed to a state of sorrow.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Guide
I'm not sure if you mean waking consciousness as in visibly awake or just mentally awake as your body shuts down.

It certainly helps, and can lead to wonderful experiences, akin to travelling to a destination and waking up there or alternately watching all the sites and sounds as one travels.

Let's say that how one dies(or reacts to the transition) is akin to an accumulation of who one is or has become in that lifetime, just as in each moment in the now. Speaking from my own experiences, and beliefs thus formed....I'm one of those persons that believes state of mind has importance during the dying process, many things happen, and may pop up. It helps to be familiar with them, as to not react in fear. If a person dies in an angry state of mind, it can lead to similar feedback, so rather than dieing peacefully, frightful scenes appear. Saying a mantra, or focusing on one's favorite deity as TheTruth said can help in the process.

In regards to brainwaves, each person cycles through each of the brainwaves, just as in sleep. In coma, I imagine they have a head-start on the process, but do so just as all others may as well.

In regards to altered, I guess that depends on what you mean by altered, altered from standard beta mode? One can function fully conscious from alpha, theta and delta, and there are many adepts who do so.