Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Suspended

Dr lan stevenson studied this subject for about 50 years. Birthmarks are quite often the result of some wound in a past life:

This link describes his work:

http://www.sinor.ru:8104/~che/birthmarks.htm

Quote:
Among 895 cases of children who claimed to remember a previous life (or were thought by adults to have had a previous life), birthmarks and/or birth defects attributed to the previous life were reported in 309 (35%) of the subjects. The birthmark or birth defect of the child was said to correspond to a wound (usually fatal) or other mark on the deceased person whose life the child said it remembered

Thanks to the lifetime work of Dr. Ian Stevenson we can forget about hypnotic suggestions and possible manipulations of reincarnation stories. He realized that flaw in the research and avoided it completely. His research focused on the real memories of reincarnated children. He meticulously documented these memories, identified the actual person whose life was remembered, and compared the two.

Dr. Stevenson is no weird scientist. His credentials are impeccable. He is a medical doctor and had many scholarly papers to his credit before he began paranormal research. He is the former head of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, and now is Director of the Division of Personality Studies at the University of Virginia.

He devoted the last 40 years of his life to the study of reincarntion, collecting data on more than 3000 cases. Scholars and skeptics agree that his work represents the best scientific proof of reincarnation.
He wrote several books on it.
lt wasn't just birthmarks. He linked phobias and physical deformities to past lives, as well.
Old 26-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Master
I really dread to think what happened to me in a previous incarnation if my birthmark's an imprint from a past life
Old 30-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Maniacsrose

I have a birthmark in the shape of a broken heart. I created a story of how I possibly got it....this is very interesting. Did anyone tell you how you got it?
Old 31-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinthine
I happened to talk to one lady yesterday, she told me that she has visited her past lives and she knows where she get one of her largest birthmarks. Actually it was more of a discoloration of the skin. She said she got it from the past life and described me her story. She got wounded that place in one of her lives.

Do you think we carry some symbols on our body to remind us where we came or what happened to us (from the past life)?

What a refreshing thread Labyrinthine - thanks for posting it. I also really liked how ScarlettHayden identified with her birthmarks.

Like other's, I have also read birthmarks are an indication or mark from a past incarnation. In many cases I have read they are the entry point of a fatal wound. My guess would be they probably are very well may be marks from the past, given the number of people who make this connection. I base this on the belief on the ideas expressed with the existence of a universal consciousness. However, It makes me wonder why some people have them and others do not?

For example - I don't have a birthmark. Not one that I have located anyway. Interestingly, in my last incarnation I received such a wound in my chest - point blank, yet I have no mark.

If one is inclined to believe a higher-self has some say in one's own incarnation. I am inclined to wonder if this "mark" was deliberately left to serve as this reminder (the why). Just a thought.

Thanks again for posting.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 09-02-2015, 01:39 AM
littlejbird

i believe some people call it 'cell memory', my birthmark is on my right wrist and it's about the size of a 'flat circle tac'. [on top of my wrist and to the left] i'd love to learn more.
my mother and i have an identical [we already look very much alike] white circle/dot on our right hands between the bottom of the thumb and where your wrist meets your hand. our left ears are 'funny' at the tops and we also have the same sort of 'mark' on our cheek. [all circles] and all same spots. maybe it's just genetics but it's so interesting to me :)
Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I have a birthmark in the shape of a medium sized jagged arrow head on the side of my upper calf, right below my knee.

I think I might have been shot by a bow and arrow that was on fire...My legs get hot faster than any part of my body, and I have varicose veins as well. And I also have knee problems in that knee.

I have always believed in birthmarks being a reminder of how we died in our past life. I just wish I knew for sure.

And my daughter also has an arrow head shaped birthmark right in the middle her throat area.
Old 13-02-2015, 12:53 AM
goobah88

My 5 month old son has a slight pink-y coloured birthmark on the back of his neck just a little under his hair.. makes me wonder he must've had a blow to the neck in a past life..

I used to have a very small light tan birthmark on my thigh but it's completely disappeared over the years. I've always always always had an inking I've previously lived in the Mexico/Aztec era. I too also have the feeling I was shot by an arrow in the thigh and possibly became infected..

As for my brother, he has a darker pink rubber-duckie shaped birthmark on the right side of his stomach!
Old 13-02-2015, 07:31 PM
StarRobin

I believe birthmarks can come from past life wounds. I also have a mole on my arm that I've had ever since I can remember, unlike others that have popped up recently. It's only small, but it looks like a cone shape!
Old 14-02-2015, 05:00 AM
Experiencer
I have one in my left arm and it looks like a map or something. It has weird borders and a tiny portion that if it was truly a map it'd be probably a lake. I have yet to take a good picture of it and start searching to see if I spot a match.
Old 17-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Knower

I have a wisdom mark (a white patch of hair though I have dark hair) on the top right side of my head. A girl told me when I was 17 it means I was kissed by an angel! I don't think she was serious though. :)

I wonder what it means?