Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 16-10-2010, 07:29 PM
green

Unhappy a question about the law of attraction.

hi,
maybe someone can shade some light on this:

we were going someplace and normally it is impossible to find there parking place, so i was asking and imagining and focusing on finding a parking place there.
so far so good.
even better, the parking place was made, and where i asked for it and how i asked for it, i saw it, it was one car a head of us, and the other car took our place, parked there. i saw it and couldn't believe it. someone else got my place.

how can it be?

it really made me upset and made me feel like a looser.
never mind, standing there i just asked the universe for extra help and after 10 more minutes of driving around the block we got another parking place, less good, but at least a place.

and still i was very upset.

and it got me thinking about few things:
1. can you ask for something and then someone else take it from you? or take it for you? if this is possible than there is a problem here and a major one for my opinion.

2. i was very upset with the man who took our place. i was really angry with him for taking my place. i was not upset with the universe or whatever- whomever. later on, much later on i thought maybe it was a lesson for me? to be more generous? maybe i shouldn't had get angry with this man but say to myself oh well, bless him, maybe he needed it more then me? maybe he also asked for that? how can i know.

3. but one thing that was very clear for me as it happen and it was stronger then all the other thoughts, that this is not the first time that what is mine or suppose to be mine is taken by others, that it is not the first time that i do all the hard work and someone else take the credit and title for it and get all the rewards for this work, it is not the first time at all, but last night it was very graphically clear...and that there is a pattern there that should be broken and it is about time...
not that i know how to do that...

any thoughts ideas advice are wellcome

G
Old 16-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Deactivated Account

hi green,

sorry to hear you lost your parking space, just a suggestion for next time, ask the Angels instead of the Universe, works just about every time for me ! Even when I forget to ask in advance, and give them short notice, I still get my parking space !

I know, the parking space was probably the straw that broke the camels back, and your questions are more related to someone else getting / taking what it is you believe is yours .... maybe it wasn't yours to begin with ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-10-2010, 10:27 PM
green

i was asking that as well DA
i was asking what if 2 people ask for the same thing and the same time.. and in this case at the same place? then why that one and not the other?
or maybe there was something for me to learn..

i was asking those questions.. but all i have are questions and no answers.....

G
Old 17-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Deactivated Account

oh, I didn't think of it like that ....two people asking for the same thing at the same time. In some instances, this could be great ...two people wanting to get together and both receiving their requests, just heavenly !

guess it doesn't work with 2 people asking for the same parking space . Maybe the other person got their request in first ?

I would think with all the people here, someone will see your post and will give you some answers/ opinions on your questions

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-10-2010, 02:41 AM
White Wolf

green,

The first thing that popped into my head re: the parking space is that perhaps you were being protected from something. Maybe you needed to be delayed for a short period of time to avoid an unpleasant situation...?

And as Dream Angel said, maybe the other driver asked first.

I have also experienced "creating" something which was given to / received by another. In most cases, it was my best friend [at the time] who received exactly - down to the most minute detail - what I'd asked for. After several years of wondering why, I eventually concluded that she simply believed she deserved the best of everything ... whereas I didn't ... and the "whatever" I'd worked to manifest had to go somewhere, so it went to the first available person who was emotionally & geographically close, who was open to receive.

Hope that helps a bit.

White Wolf.
Old 18-10-2010, 06:55 PM
green

hi White wolf

i was thinking about what you were saying. actually i was thinking about it before reading your post, but your words made it more clear for me.
as much as i hate to admit it i think there is a point there, i think that even if i want the best for myself, some part in me do not believe i will get it or that i deserve to receive it. i guess somewhere in me i believe i do not deserve to receive good things, that i'm not good enough, or that others should enjoy while i for some reason should only look at what could had been mine. i think it goes on this line of thinking.
the thing is i don't think like that any more, not intentionally, and not very often, but i know i really believed in that for long, and i'm not sure it all changed, or that i really believe i deserve to enjoy the best.

so what should i do next? how do i change this? any ideas? any advice?
i'm tried of others enjoying the fruits of my hard work. i want to enjoy it myself....what am i to do next?

G
Old 18-10-2010, 08:42 PM
JEN

Hi Green
Do you do any work with architypes? I am a fan of Caroline Myss and her rather large volume of work. I found it particular useful to identify which architypes I came in with to "organise" my life for the experiences I needed. AH, the Martyr architype, a very common one.... especially for women.... my needs are not as important as others!
(I am not saying this is one of yours - but it was definitely one of mine).

ALSO, have you done any shadow work? We all carry within us both light and shadow aspects of the same concept: forgiveness/resentment; compassion/anger; shame/huminity, etc. I have been doing some sessions with a guy that is a shadow worker. Now if your had asked me before I went, I would have told you in my holier-than-thou self-righteousness, "well, I have worked on my negative attitudes for 20 years now - I am pretty sure they are all healed".... yeah, right. I was blown away with what came up. AND you know what, not all of it was from this life, some of the stuff we worked on was milenia old. Hard to believe but true. I know I asked, "well what chance do we have then!!!".... feeling very humble.

Oops, I am rambling, aren't I?

The other thing I just wanted to say (and I could be telling you how to suck eggs!) is that while you may have "dealt" with a negative pattern or emotion that has seemed to have informed your life and reactions...... you can still be holding the residual emotion/thought form/belief in your body. This was also my experience. It needs to be released. Your intent/request to release this residual is all that is needed, but be prepared for life to get "messy" for a while!!!!

I wont go into anymore at this point, because I could be way off the track. Good talking with you. JEN
Old 18-10-2010, 09:21 PM
green

Jen

thank you for your answer,
please ramble some more or as much as you like, i find your words very useful and interesting so please don't hold back or stop :)

i'm a bit short with time now so i will answer some of your words later on.. but please do, write as much as you feel like, thank you for sharing and helping with your words

G
Old 19-10-2010, 11:11 PM
JEN

Oh Green, what a courage person you are....... ramble on as much as I like!!! How long you got? Please forgive me again is I seem to be talking 'down' to you, because I havent met you, and dont know what you've done or have already put in practice on your journey thus far.

If I remember rightly, (cause I am currently in my ditsy blonde persona!), you said that you had often done things/achieved things, only to have the recognition, gratification, reward withheld (or taken) from you. Now what I write is very simplified and generalised just to give a quick overview of my thoughts. I would suggest this is 1st chakra and 2nd chakra stuff (your place in the world/tribe, and where you stand. Your need for security, control of your environment, gender issues. false pride, shame, betrayal, lots of wounds, etc live here) .... but perhaps a little 3rd (entitlement, self esteem/self worth issues, 'punched in the gut' experiences, etc live here).

First thing you got to do is stop blaming yourself for your present 'problem'.... you are being shown a pattern to work on...... work on it as you can. In your short or long life you have absorbed a lot of dross from society, your culture, your family and your past experiences (in this life and probably others). It is really important to try and move out of the "why me's", and "if only's" (every heard yourself asking that?). Every step you make is a step in the right direction..... whatever that direction is. It doesnt happen overnight! Listen to what you say when you berate yourself: "god you're hopeless", "they said you would never amount to anything", "I am so stupid", etc etc....... and write them down. ALSO as you walk around with your pad!! jot down any thoughts and assumptions about life/work/your gender role, etc: like "life wasnt mean to be easy", its hard to get to the top", only educated people really know what they are talking about", "women belong in the home", etc etc. So when you have time ponder what you have written, and write down WHO you GOT that message, attitude, belief,values, feeling, etc from.... I can guarantee you, that 9 or of 10 times, it wont be YOU. It might not have ever been "said", but we pick up a lot of hidden messages for the tribe we live in, and the establishment (how things should be). That is their job afterall, to maintain the tribe and its values! Now you got something to work with if you havent done this exercise before. Often just creating an awareness of these thoughts that arent hyours, and the intent to release them, does the job. But NLP, Kinesiology, Theta and a number of other healing modalities can help you process and change them. But for me, understanding them is definitely the most crucial step.

Of course, another necessary element is to thank and forgive those who hurt, harmed, betrayed you (that is: provided the lesson). Oh, a very tricky one!! To begin, start with 'forego' - disconnect from the hold they still have on you. If you havent healed an event or relationship- if it can still 'push your button' - then some of your energy is still being used to maintain the connection. Visualise them in front of you and where you are linked energetically and cut the connections with symbolic scissors, etc (being an aussie, I prefer a chainsaw!!).

I suggest if you are interested in finding out more about architypes, you invest in both the book and CDs of Caroline Myss "Sacred Contracts". I highly recommend it as a good start to understanding patterns in your life. I order my books and stuff mainly from Amazon.com because New Age/Spiritual books and CDs in Australia are very expensive. Cheaper to buy from the good old USA.

I hope this stuff has been helpful to you.
Kind regards
JEN
Old 24-10-2010, 07:15 PM
green

thank you Jen you gave me much to think about...thank you very much for your words and help. and please... keep on ramble :)

G