Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-08-2012, 05:56 AM
mikkimanyhawks

Question Native American in past life?? please respond quickly

i'm new here, so i'm sorry if i make any mistakes or something. i can't believe i haven't posted on a forum like this before, i just can't deal with this anymore. i believe i was Native American in a past life, and it's been a huge part of my life for about 3-4 years now (i'm 17). i actually am part Cherokee by blood, but i've always thought i was Lakota in one or more of my past lives, and a psychic i went to said that she picked up on that before i even said anything about it. for most of those years i've been thinking of myself as Indian, and i've been constantly worried that because i'm only 1/16 Cherokee and not technically Lakota that i'm not really Indian. which really hurts me, because it's probably the most prominent part of my identity. i know you can't tell me who i am, but i really need to hear someone's opinion on this. i'm very scared i will never be considered an Indian person, that i might never be a part of any community, and (don't know what you'll think of this) that i will never find someone who is my soul mate, who i always think of as being an Indian man. i want these things more than anything in my life. i know i'm being dramatic, but i hope people here will believe me. i'm also transgender, i guess, i think of myself as a pretty fluid person when it comes to gender, but i am more of a masculine person (i am technically female). i don't mind if people call me 'she', but i'm very uncomfortable with the idea of being a 'woman' for some reason, and i do NOT like the idea of being considered female in a romantic/sexual relationship. i know i am weird :) and i kind of consider myself Two-Spirit. i've also had MANY interesting experiences with Red-Tailed Hawks and Turkey Vultures, and from what i have read about their symbolism they seem to fit perfectly with what's important to me and the way my life is, and the way i would like it to be... :) i will elaborate on this later if anyone is curious. also i don't have any specific memories from any of my past lives, except there is a man who's face i've pictured ever since i was about 8 who is Indian (i call him Yelloh, because in a book i read there was a character named that, and i pictured the character as him very clearly). i definitely have a feeling about what he's like as a person, too. but many things to do with American Indians in general make me react very strongly. i feel longing that's actually painful a lot of the time, especially when i see Indian PEOPLE, especially Lakota men. that's why i am so worried that i am not Indian in THIS life, because it is definitely like a need. i think might want to be pretty much the same person i was in one of my past lives, which would make sense because i am crazy stubborn :)

i'm sorry if this is confusing, i'm just freaking out right now because i've reached the point where i need real help with this, and i'm taking it out on other people that they can't help me, and i'm sick of it. i keep thinking 'i know who i really am in my heart, so i should just accept it and hope other people do the same'. and i do truly believe it. but i keep getting scared about what people will think, especially Indian people...and it is a vicious cycle. i know it's time to break it, it can't go on much longer.

i will be more coherent in my next post i promise. ;) i respond better to specific questions!! lol

Last edited by mikkimanyhawks : 29-08-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 30-08-2012, 01:13 AM
ancientwarrior

I'd meditate on it or do whatever you do to help get guidance.

It may be that you are to be you this lifetime but bring forth your knowledge of the Lakota in some sort of outreach program.

I'm never good at advice but maybe what I'm going through might help. I know I've been a soldier in many lifetimes. This time I am not by far. I was drawn to the military growing up. Had flashbacks etc. When I was your age I was still gung ho military going to be a soldier. I was still that way for a couple years in my 20s. Then something shifted.

I manage the grunts of an IT group. If I told people I was a soldier today deep down I'd get laughed at (out of shape geeky person). But, I still am a soldier to a certain extent. I just applied what I know to my current situation. How to handle high stress, how to make the best plan of attack for a situation etc.

Not sure if that helps at all.
Old 30-08-2012, 05:23 AM
mikkimanyhawks

what do you mean exactly, 'you are to be you'? from what i've read (i admit, not a lot), most people who know about their past lives feel like it's themselves but different, and it isn't connected as much to their life now. i feel like it is a very important part of who i am in this life as well, and i've learned a LOT about myself and a lot of important lessons from it. and if that somehow 'wasn't me', i would have no idea what to think of that! just saying that is how i feel.

btw, i would love to hear about anyone else's experiences with past lives so don't hesitate to post on this thread :)

Last edited by mikkimanyhawks : 30-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 30-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Wisa'ka

I was an American Indian in a past life and born one in this life as well. Is that normal ?
Old 30-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Benoit84

Did the psychic mention if your life was cut short in that life? The reason I ask is because before I really got into past lives, the time period and society I felt strongly drawn to and that I belonged "there" instead of "here" was a life where I was shot and left a lot behind.

I have a few memories of being native. The first as a native in the Caribbean when the Spanish first started their explorations there. The 2nd during the late 1600's, don't know what tribe, but I believe it may have been in New England. I was fighting to keep the white men from getting too close to my home. My memory involves attacking a group of men with a couple of their native guides. I know I killed at least one of them, and this I believe is why I was killed in the other life I mentioned. I believe I had at least one other life on the plains. Not sure if I was native in that life, or if I just sympathized with them and preferwd their way of life more.

But I feel like you maybe feel such a strong connection to the Lakota because like you said, that was a major part of you THEN. I have an attraction to them as well, but it isnt as strong as yours seems to be. Like someone else said, you should try to meditate on it to find out why it has such a hold on you. But the feeling I get from what you've written is that you may have been a warrior and that your tribe meant everything to you. That you had so much pride in your culture and heritage and perhaps fought so hard to preserve it, and maybe that's why you feel bad about not being "indian enough" in this life. Take it for what its worth, but thats the feeling I get. Best of luck to you! :)
Old 30-08-2012, 06:13 PM
mikkimanyhawks

no she did not mention that, but next time i talk to a psychic (don't know when that will be) i will ask.

also, i have never meditated before so i don't know exactly what you mean (sorry i'm such a noob! hehe) by meditate on it. i have thought about it almost constantly for the past 3 years, and i just can't help feeling like if it's so important to me, it HAS to be meant to be, and, in some way that's just as important as blood, i AM Lakota. i know that is maybe a childish way of thinking. honestly i just don't want to and don't think i can let go. i've just been hoping i will meet someone i knew in one of my past lives and they will think of me as Lakota because they knew me then.

and of course, i'm very worried about seeming DISRESPECTFUL to Lakota people! most people would not understand how i feel and would think this was a wish instead of a need. and i'm ok with that, i understand why they would feel that way. i just hope someone DOES understand deeply someday. because this might not be a good thing, but i don't know very much about who i am without being an Indian person. the only thing that is really negative about this is that i really need to be a part of it, and i'm not right now, and that really hurts. other than that i've only gotten positive things from this, like being much much closer to nature than i used to be, and feeling like i'm more myself, and knowing what kind of person i really want to be.

basically, this is not just a 'past life' for me. it is not just in the past, it is also who i am now, and the foundation for most things i want in my life and the person i want to be someday.
Old 30-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Benoit84

You can find out a lot about meditation around here, there are others who know much more about it than I do who can help you out. Personally, I don't get enough quiet time to try it with a family to take care of.

Another method that I use is to ask your guide or subconscious to help you find out why you feel this way. It can take a while to get some answers though. Before you go to bed each night, ask for answers in your dreams.
Old 30-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkimanyhawks
i'm new here, so i'm sorry if i make any mistakes or something. i can't believe i haven't posted on a forum like this before, i just can't deal with this anymore. i believe i was Native American in a past life, and it's been a huge part of my life for about 3-4 years now (i'm 17). i actually am part Cherokee by blood, but i've always thought i was Lakota in one or more of my past lives, and a psychic i went to said that she picked up on that before i even said anything about it. for most of those years i've been thinking of myself as Indian, and i've been constantly worried that because i'm only 1/16 Cherokee and not technically Lakota that i'm not really Indian. which really hurts me, because it's probably the most prominent part of my identity. i know you can't tell me who i am, but i really need to hear someone's opinion on this. i'm very scared i will never be considered an Indian person, that i might never be a part of any community, and (don't know what you'll think of this) that i will never find someone who is my soul mate, who i always think of as being an Indian man. i want these things more than anything in my life. i know i'm being dramatic, but i hope people here will believe me. i'm also transgender, i guess, i think of myself as a pretty fluid person when it comes to gender, but i am more of a masculine person (i am technically female). i don't mind if people call me 'she', but i'm very uncomfortable with the idea of being a 'woman' for some reason, and i do NOT like the idea of being considered female in a romantic/sexual relationship. i know i am weird :) and i kind of consider myself Two-Spirit. i've also had MANY interesting experiences with Red-Tailed Hawks and Turkey Vultures, and from what i have read about their symbolism they seem to fit perfectly with what's important to me and the way my life is, and the way i would like it to be... :) i will elaborate on this later if anyone is curious. also i don't have any specific memories from any of my past lives, except there is a man who's face i've pictured ever since i was about 8 who is Indian (i call him Yelloh, because in a book i read there was a character named that, and i pictured the character as him very clearly). i definitely have a feeling about what he's like as a person, too. but many things to do with American Indians in general ...make me react very strongly. i feel longing that's actually painful a lot of the time, especially when i see Indian PEOPLE, especially Lakota men. that's why i am so worried that i am not Indian in THIS life, because it is definitely like a need. i think might want to be pretty much the same person i was in one of my past lives, which would make sense because i am crazy stubborn :)

i'm sorry if this is confusing, i'm just freaking out right now because i've reached the point where i need real help with this, and i'm taking it out on other people that they can't help me, and i'm sick of it. i keep thinking 'i know who i really am in my heart, so i should just accept it and hope other people do the same'. and i do truly believe it. but i keep getting scared about what people will think, especially Indian people...and it is a vicious cycle. i know it's time to break it, it can't go on much longer.

i will be more coherent in my next post i promise. ;) i respond better to specific questions!! lol

Ummmm quite an identity crisis for such a young person.....Can you trace your cherokee heritage to the Dawes Rolls at all??? if so, I would start there..... You are what you see yourself as being....If you "feel" Native American, there is nothing wrong with that as you "are" N.A.....l/16 is a pretty high pecentage and I know many Cherokee tribal members who have way, way less than that........ I have had several lifetimes as a Native American and have native blood this time around too, but am not tribally affiliated.....Meditation is simply sitting in a quiet place and letting your mind do it's thing until you are totally relaxed and at peace with the universe....you may then see things, feel things, etc...just accept them...there is nothing to fear........"to thine own self be true" is a good mantra to live by.....good luck.....
Old 30-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Administrator
In my opinion you have had some pretty good answers , but if you need to find out more visiting a past life regretionist may be your best bet, maybe then you will find what you seek,and learn to be at peace with yourself.

Namaste
Old 31-08-2012, 03:28 AM
mikkimanyhawks

i've wanted to visit a past life regressionist but when i wanted to, i lived in Hawaii and the only person there who practiced it would only do it for people 18+. i live in Nebraska now though and i haven't looked at all here, i will definitely consider that. thanks for reminding me :)