Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-05-2011, 02:19 PM
seahorse

Just How "Old" Are Our Souls ?

Helllooooooo everyone !! Oh yes it's me, the annoying newbie again ! Well as a complete idiot (spiritually speaking) i can ask lotsa stoopid questions can't i? Let's start : I've heard people calling themselves or others "Old Souls". Now i'm ..... Do Souls get old? Ok, i understand our bodies die, but can our souls die too? now THAT"S and what happens then, da end? can anyone shed some light here please?
Old 23-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
soul cant die, soul exists beyond space and time, and therefore has no age whatsoever...most folks do not honestly even know what a soul is...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi

Last edited by Shabda : 23-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 23-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
soul cant die, soul exists beyond space and time, and therefore has no age whatsoever...most folks do no honestly even know what a soul is...

agreed. i can't claim to know what soul is but i do have my theories.
Old 23-05-2011, 04:57 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse
Helllooooooo everyone !! Oh yes it's me, the annoying newbie again ! Well as a complete idiot (spiritually speaking) i can ask lotsa stoopid questions can't i? Let's start : I've heard people calling themselves or others "Old Souls". Now i'm ..... Do Souls get old? Ok, i understand our bodies die, but can our souls die too? now THAT"S and what happens then, da end? can anyone shed some light here please?

One aspect of the term 'old soul' relates to an individual who gives the impression that she/he is more spiritually evolved than is routinely seen.

One reason suggested to explain such apparent spiritual progress is that it is the result of experiences gained in previous incarnations.

Quite how many incarnations we may only speculate about.
Old 24-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
No such thing as stupid questions. I beleive all souls are the same age, however when people say you're an old soul I beleive that means you have had more life experience out of spirit and into 3d or on other planets or life forms than other people, you just know more or strive to know more.
I think you would benefit from reading conversations with God there are three parts...get book one then go to book two and then three it's very good for people beginning with spirituality....very good books.
Spiritlite.
Old 24-05-2011, 05:50 AM
AngelicOrin

I can't recall where I heard this, but it is a contradiction to what the others have said, but it depends what floats you boat i guess. I heard that there are souls who are "newborn" and their physical bodies reflect that too no matter how old they are, and it is the same are older souls. Therefore there are souls who are older/younger than others.

I believe this idea too. New souls being created, some older souls retiring for eternal rest...
Old 24-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
I can't recall where I heard this, but it is a contradiction to what the others have said, but it depends what floats you boat i guess. I heard that there are souls who are "newborn" and their physical bodies reflect that too no matter how old they are, and it is the same are older souls. Therefore there are souls who are older/younger than others.

I believe this idea too. New souls being created, some older souls retiring for eternal rest...
BUT, to my point of view, what youve said may well be true and still make no difference whatsoever...a soul can be created now, but if it is created above and beyond time it will still have no age...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-05-2011, 07:03 AM
AngelicOrin

thats true ^^
Old 24-05-2011, 11:54 AM
seahorse

Hey Good People, thanks for the answers ! Much food for thought there....
I couldn't help but think (i do that sometimes lol) IF our souls/spirits/whatever have no age, are eternal could they be a part of God ?
I mean i allways envisioned God/Universe/Higher spirit/whatever as a separate Uber-Entity. What if we all are a little piece of Him/Her/whatever, like drops of water form the ocean?
Old 24-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Deactivated Account

hellooooo seahorse ,

Good question you asked, I have also wondered the same thing... I have heard " old soul " mentioned often. I am guessing it means a soul, that has been here and back again, many times. Someone told me an old soul, is one that is ready to " go home " and not return to earth again. But how does one really know ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction