Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Master
Charlie: How do I deal with the questions?

What about trust?

For me the questions and judgments are just part of the human world as it is now. If I expect anything different I'll only be disappointed and hurt. In letting go of that hope I find that, oddly enough, people around me (excepting maybe a few on this forum) generally accept and appreciate me and leave me to my own way, as I do them.

The trust question for me got resolved when I realized the only thing I can really trust is the pure truth of being, as it is constant within myself. Everything else changes, and the human mind is entirely unreliable... including my own.

Trusting my true self is my answer for everything... how to be with myself as I am, with others, and in this mixed up world.

Xan

Old 27-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Master
Gem: I'm not telling anyone anything.

So you say.

I'm saying this a hoax which distracts people from what is love into a silly dream about Love.

But isn't this 'telling' ? And do you actually practice what you preach, Gem?

Xan

Old 27-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Master
Here's one of those nefarious quotes:

"Love brings up anything unlike itself, for the purpose of being healed."

ACIM

Care to take notice... within yourself?

Xan

Old 27-05-2012, 08:17 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
I agree that people would be better off if they do not end up struggling with the notion that one kind of love is superior to another. And I agree that the love people have felt should be treated as real and authentic to them. That is why I maintain that the kind of love that seems to permeate the universe is as authentic as the kind of love people feel for cute puppies and their family and etc.

That is why I maintain that those who communicate that they have felt a love that seems to permeate the universe communicate this because they have felt it and it is real to them and just as authentic as the love that anyone else feels. Their feelings too should be treated as something real to them, rather than invalidated by describing their feeling and the mere communication about that feeling itself as an act of judgement, or as a story, or as a manipulation, or as an imposition on others, or etc. They communicate about an infinite ocean of love because they have felt it and it is real to them and just as authentic as every feeling that anyone feels.

There are some acts of treating other kinds of love (as in not the universe-permeating kind) as if they are inferior. But this does not change the fact that those people doing those acts have actually felt what they have felt. Once it is felt, nothing can change that. Once they feel that universe-permeating love, they are from then on people who have actually felt that love and this is real to them. Whatever they do, however they act from then on cannot change that fact that they actually felt it and it was real to them just like the other kinds of love people feel are real to them and just as authentic.
I agree.. yet, that same love compels some of those experiencers to diminish the feelings of others, what does that mean? What is it about that love that forgets compassion? when invited to 'common ground', why not stand as equals with others? why do some that have felt this universal love not feel superior and others do? these are the issues worthy of real discussion..

Be well..
Old 27-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I agree.. yet, that same love compels some of those experiencers to diminish the feelings of others, what does that mean? What is it about that love that forgets compassion? when invited to 'common ground', why not stand as equals with others? why do some that have felt this universal love not feel superior and others do? these are the issues worthy of real discussion..

Be well..
Tzu,

You have never shown that those you accuse has ever diminished the feelings of others. Ever. You have never shown that those you accuse have 'forgotten' compassion, or that they consider themselves anything but equals.

You state your accusations as if they are facts, but certainly haven't produced an authentic example, nor asked those you accuse - you just impose your perspective on the situation, and accept that it is 'What Is'. But it's not.

What you have shown is that you feel diminished by the presence of beliefs and perspectives different from yours. What you have stated is that those you accuse " robs the inexperienced seeker of their own personal authenticity" (post 353), but you have failed to show when or where that has ever happened either. If you are trying to claim that while it may not have happened, it is an imminent threat, then it fails to be fact, and instead becomes your fear.

Seems to me, by simply stating your view as fact, without ANYTHING to back it up, this becomes much less about those you accuse, and becomes much more about you.

You're the big fan of open and civil discussion - Why don't you discuss that?

Last edited by Humm : 27-05-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 27-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Feeblebunny III
unconditional love
is that which a dog
shows its owner

I like that ~ that's a good one, Gaston Feeblebunny III ~ though I would say most dogs...

Old 27-05-2012, 09:37 PM
arive nan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi

If you are still in agreement with your own previous statements, we are not really in agreement that what people feel and the feelings they communicate about are real to them, that they really felt them, and they are just as authentic as any feeling. But I'll agree to disagree and approach the question of why people who have felt the same thing react differently and behave differently. It's pretty much because people react differently and behave differently in response to every feeling and emotion.

Not everyone will behave the same way or do the same things when sad, depressed, happy, lonely, joyful, angry, and etc. Some reactions to the same emotion are more common than others. But for each feeling, each emotion, there are a wide variety of different ways that different people will react and behave. The same is true for feeling universe-permeating love. And that is because it is not actually superior to other feelings. It sure feels like something comparatively more intense and pure and etc., but since it is not actually superior to other feelings, it does not transform all those who have felt it into the same kind of person who would all react the same way. It is life-changing, but it will affect different people differently just like any feeling. All kinds of feelings and emotions are life-changing in their own way anyhow.
Old 27-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Humm

Giving means extending one's
love with no conditions, no
expectations and no boundaries.

Peace of mind occurs, therefore
when we put all our attention
into giving and have no desire
to get anything from, or to
change, another person.

The giving motivation leads
to a sense of inner peace and
joy that is unrelated to time.

Gerold G. Jampolsky
Love is Letting Go of Fear
Old 27-05-2012, 11:34 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
If you are still in agreement with your own previous statements, we are not really in agreement that what people feel and the feelings they communicate about are real to them, that they really felt them, and they are just as authentic as any feeling. But I'll agree to disagree and approach the question of why people who have felt the same thing react differently and behave differently. It's pretty much because people react differently and behave differently in response to every feeling and emotion.

Not everyone will behave the same way or do the same things when sad, depressed, happy, lonely, joyful, angry, and etc. Some reactions to the same emotion are more common than others. But for each feeling, each emotion, there are a wide variety of different ways that different people will react and behave. The same is true for feeling universe-permeating love. And that is because it is not actually superior to other feelings. It sure feels like something comparatively more intense and pure and etc., but since it is not actually superior to other feelings, it does not transform all those who have felt it into the same kind of person who would all react the same way. It is life-changing, but it will affect different people differently just like any feeling. All kinds of feelings and emotions are life-changing in their own way anyhow.
I very much agree with a very interesting point you raise, and one which i have overlooked.. if someone generates an imaginary scenario, whatever it may be, and subsequently has authentic feelings based on the imagined scenario, i must acknowledge the authentic feelings.. that's an interesting perspective..

As for "universe-permeating love", i experience that more often than not.. not as an existent condition, but as an act of giving to the Universe, and.. permeating the Universe with love for its existence, a sacred reverence that drops me to my knees in awe of the forces that have evolved existence to this place where we/us/Life can experience our existence..

Be well..
Old 28-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Humm

People giving is love.

LOVE is giving the universe giving.