Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Ascended Master

Closing Down...

Hello all

It is my opinion that "closing down the chakras" is a bad thing.

Mainly because I believe they feed my energy system, which in turn enables me to operate at full and bright (completely mindful and spiritually orientated) capacity.

I used to believe "closing down" was imperative for those who operate mediumistically. But what I've now come to realise is that it is possible to keep your chakras wide open, blazing away as bright as you want them to be, without connecting to energies around you.
Thus remaining disconnected?
Leaving you free to live your life in a fully energised way. Without the hassle of troublesome energies.

If I feel an energy alongside me at a bad time, all I do is ignore it and take my focus from it.

Keeping "mind" in "body" is a protective mechanism that serves me well.

The chakras feed the energetic structure that keeps our bodies healthy and energised.

Comments would be very welcome!

Love and light,

AM

Last edited by Ascended Master : 11-05-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
James2612

Thats interesting,

I ahve been told many times when i open them i should always close them after. But what you say makes a lot of sense to me also!!

Another question on top of this, is can they be TOO open??

Thanks
james
Old 14-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2612
Thats interesting,

I ahve been told many times when i open them i should always close them after. But what you say makes a lot of sense to me also!!

Another question on top of this, is can they be TOO open??

Thanks
james

Hi James

Yes they can be, and sometimes you can get pains when they are too open.

If you put your hand over them you can slow them down a little.
But a good set of balancing stones work also.

AM
Old 14-05-2007, 01:12 PM
elaine

Hi AM,
how long does it take for the balancing stones to work? I am not getting much effect from mine at the moment. Perhaps it takes longer to shut down if they are too open? can you explain at all please?

many thanks
elaine
Old 15-05-2007, 03:14 AM
Priestess HOD

Greetings AM,
I enjoy hearing your opinion and i must agree that leaving them open if great. I have always left my chakras open and i haven't found much problem with this. I found i ran into more trouble closing them so i had to stop doing that. The only thing i found with leaving them open is that other people naturally vampire the energy out of my aura. I had to ask a reiki master to help me learn to stop this. He told me this and i share it now " if you feel someone draining energy, ask their spirit to stop. Most people don't realize they are even doing it to begin with. (..) they do it because they either need that energy to stay grounded or their spirit has become to use to using others to stay grounded. You don't help them by feeding them. " took awhile to get use to paying attention to this but it does work.

About over active Chakras, i have one. My third eye is horrible for being over active. I have actually tried to close it some, yet i find it closes the crown and heart some as well. Course it needed to be done. my issue? I can't keep it like that for long. My third eye natrually opens so much everytime i either rest, meditate, or sleep. Not to sure what i can do to keep it from opening so much, But it hasn't bothered me yet.I figure that it might be that way due to my constant connection to "others" or the constant reading of energy in the surrounding area. But i have time to learn.

By Odin's hand, blessed be.
Priestess HOD

Last edited by Priestess HOD : 15-05-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 15-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Saranda

Hello, all

AM, I am somewhat pleased to hear somebody feels about this chakra-closing just as I do. I've never done that, my intuition just tells me it's wrong, at least, for me, because I feel that chakras should be naturally open and any attempts to "close" them might be harmful for their natural state of being.

Just my 2 cents.

Love and Light -

Saranda
Old 16-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine
Hi AM,
how long does it take for the balancing stones to work? I am not getting much effect from mine at the moment. Perhaps it takes longer to shut down if they are too open? can you explain at all please?

many thanks
elaine

Hi Elaine

I guess it depends how much energy the stones have got to work with?

If you "charge them up" I suppose you'd get quicker and better results!

Don't really use them myself, but many who I trust would swear by them being worthwhile.

Normally I wait until I'm in the shower and spin them with my fingers a few times to get them all running at the right speed. It's useful doing it in the shower because the water helps to wash out any clogs!

Love and light,

AM
Old 16-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestess HOD
The only thing i found with leaving them open is that other people naturally vampire the energy out of my aura. I had to ask a reiki master to help me learn to stop this. He told me this and i share it now " if you feel someone draining energy, ask their spirit to stop. Most people don't realize they are even doing it to begin with. (..) they do it because they either need that energy to stay grounded or their spirit has become to use to using others to stay grounded. You don't help them by feeding them. " took awhile to get use to paying attention to this but it does work.

Very interesting Priestess!
I must try this, because normally I'd put a wall up, which can work in different ways. Depending on the energy it's built with, and depending on the energies of the vampire in question! lol
At least if you speak to the spirit, I guess you're more likely to guarantee a positive response?

Sometimes "spirit friends" will be able to do some work on the chakras (to cleanse / balance them) and I tend to use this as much as my conscience will allow. Can't always dedicate the mindpower / time, so sometimes need to rely on friends to assist where possible.

Know what you mean... all we need to do is think about something or focus energetically and the respective chakras go bonkers!

Love and light,

AM

Last edited by Ascended Master : 16-05-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 16-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranda
Hello, all

AM, I am somewhat pleased to hear somebody feels about this chakra-closing just as I do. I've never done that, my intuition just tells me it's wrong, at least, for me, because I feel that chakras should be naturally open and any attempts to "close" them might be harmful for their natural state of being.

Just my 2 cents.

Love and Light -

Saranda

An extremely valid two cents they are too!

Love and light!

AM
Old 16-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Guide

Hey guys, I mentioned this on the chakra thread as well. Under no circumstances should you attempt to completely close a chakra. I was quite amazed to find out that this was a common practice for some. It is true, that some people can have over active chakra's as HOD said, and that in the endeavor to be balanced, you may need to reduce the energy intake of a specific chakra. However, you should never completely close it. The confusion probably comes from the fact that people believe they are susceptible to psychic attack or from negative energy in the environment. the protection from these things comes from your field/aura and not the chakras. Also, remember that the law of attraction also applies here, so you will not connect with someone else who is not resonating with some aspect of your energy field. Therefore, as your field progresses and gets stronger, you will be less susceptible to energy vampires as they are sometimes called. For example, I can walk into a room full of negative energy, or energy vampires and wont even need to put up any sort of shield of white light or employ any psychic defense. This is because I have spent years healing myself and others and strengthening my field. As a result, those who seek energy from others and not from soul/god/fountainhead etc... will not be attracted to my vibration.

My strength lies within my defenselessness.

The greatest protection comes from one's own intention to increase their own energy. If someone drains you by there mere presence, turn and focus on yourself, as YOU are always the one in control of your own energy. If you have the strength or guts, next time you feel victim to energetic attack, allow the attack to happen with open arms. Envision yourself sending love, hugging or embracing the apparent attacker. Give them love and I Guarantee they will stop because if they wanted love in the first place, they would not have seeked it from anywhere but from god or higher self.

Good luck!

:) Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 16-05-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Closed Thread