Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
A great invoke-ation!

Video titled:Short Abraham Hicks Rampage ~ How To Come To GOD ~ (No ads during video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGIDlDAAXc
Ha ha … Abraham Hicks’ enthusiasm is infectious and T.S. Elliot comes to mind:
Quote:
I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.

Plus the video image to me looks like 'facing the Dragon'
And somewhere there in the stillness I agree with the r6r6r’s 0 - point.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Plus the video image to me looks like 'facing the Dragon'
Didn't 'see' it till you pointed it out.

Stimultaed me to look up and read "Dragon Totem Meaning and Dragon Symbolism" at https://www.whats-your-sign.com/dragon-totem.html

Also "The Essence of Awakening Dragon" at https://personaltao.com/services/sch...dragon-taoism/
Old 11-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Master
T.S. Elliot comes to mind:
Quote:
I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.
Hey Shiv,
T.S. Eliot makes tortured look good, doesn't he? And Wim Wenders renders the prosaic miraculous.
Dark is light, still is dance ...and the smallest things and moments in life are invariably the biggest and most powerful and most enduring.
[die kleinen Dinge im Leben sind die größten].

Because when all is said and done, it is simply about love and presence.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-07-2018, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Dark is light, still is dance, and the smallest things and moments in life are invariably the biggest and most powerful and most enduring.

Because when all is said and done, it is simply about love and presence.
Hi 7L - Though clearly benign in its intention, I find such 'spiritual' double-speak (remember Orwell's 'equating' of 'opposites'?) to be truth-obfuscating even as it 'mystically' sooths by stopping (troubling) 'thoughts'

In regards "all" being "said and done", I prefer observations/statements like: "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." and "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Old 11-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 God Appears Below

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
And somewhere there in the stillness I agree with the r6r6r’s 0 - point.

Sentient, sorry if I untintentionally mislead you, There was not posting of "stillness" or a zero point in my message.

I use a ball point at work but have never seen God in the ball point either. Maybe if ingested something or another I could see God in my ball point pen.

Oh look God just appeared. I guess just the thought of ingesting the appropriate something can cause to appear to us. Cool?

Well I'm a believer now

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 12-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Master
I am sure everyone finds their realization of “God” through their own guidance, tradition, religion etc.

I have got no idea what Welsh Dragons mean or the one slayed by St. George, I only think that the Dragon lore in the East started because of the Shamanic origins of, or influence in Taoism.

As far as I know Dragon (force-field &) symbol in East Asia paralleled Eurasian Thunderbird (Eagle).
Quote:
The Dragon is an age-old symbol of the highest spiritual essence embodying wisdom, strength and divine power to transform the spirit.
As such Dragon is the Force Field and a symbol of Primordial Awareness Energy, prior to the dual split.
https://drakenberg.weebly.com/upload...271878.jpg?312

As such it is the razor’s edge a sage walks - a ground zero – a fullness/emptiness paradox.

Thunderbird initiation/empowerment created Shamen, but Dragon empowerment allegedly made those early Taoists immortal.

http://allaboutdragons.com/dragons/Evren

Quote:
When Confucius was on his way home with the capital in the distance, a few men were hunting on horse back. A duck fell from the sky at the release of the bowstring. It suddenly dawned on Confucius who recited slowly, “Birds can fly but will fall at the hunter’s arrow. Fish can swim but will be hooked by the fisherman. Beasts can run but will drop into people’s nets and traps. There is only one thing that is out of man’s reach. That’s the legendary dragon. A dragon can fly into the sky, ride on clouds, dive into the ocean. A dragon is powerful yet so intangible to us. Lao Tzu is a dragon, and I’ll never understand him.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi 7L - Though clearly benign in its intention, I find such 'spiritual' double-speak (remember Orwell's 'equating' of 'opposites'?) to be truth-obfuscating even as it 'mystically' sooths by stopping (troubling) 'thoughts'
You want my opinion? Too bad, you're gonna get it anyway... You identified one of the problems with virtual communication and social sharing, one that is really starting to rear it's ugly head in our world. Nobody is on the same page anymore, because nothing we are doing HERE -- in this social media space -- is real. So people can toss out any old mystical statement and call that truth. And what can anybody do about it? And why would anyone need to do anything about it? It's not real anyway.

In the real world, we deal with real questions pertaining to our very real day-to-day situation. And the people involved have to problem-solve, together. That problem-solving allows for a variety of ideas, and allows people to take up certain positions on issues. But ultimately, if the problem is to be resolved, there must be give and take. A compromise must be found.

There is no give and take required when discussing online. There is no compromise necessary. People post their opinion, and stick with that, because there's no reason to change their opinion. There's no real-world issue that's being addressed and/or needing to be resolved. Look at this thread topic for example: it's nothing but an intellectual exercise. As a relevant question, it's as real as "God" suddenly showing up.

This shift from real discussion and interaction, to unreal virtual chit-chat, is something that has happened in the past 15 years. And this change and shift in the realm of human communication and interaction is creating a serious split in society. Thanks mostly to the Internet, it's becoming an unreal fake-news world, populated by individuals who are hardened in their singular, insular view because they don't have to change their opinion. It's just them versus the computer/TV screen. Nobody is there standing in front of them to challenge them, and look them in the eye, and say, "Um, that answer is a cop-out, sorry."
Old 12-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You want my opinion? Too bad, you're gonna get it anyway... You identified one of the problems with virtual communication and social sharing, one that is really starting to rear it's ugly head in our world. Nobody is on the same page anymore, because nothing we are doing HERE -- in this social media space -- is real. So people can toss out any old mystical statement and call that truth. And what can anybody do about it? And why would anyone need to do anything about it? It's not real anyway.

In the real world, we deal with real questions pertaining to our very real day-to-day situation. And the people involved have to problem-solve, together. That problem-solving allows for a variety of ideas, and allows people to take up certain positions on issues. But ultimately, if the problem is to be resolved, there must be give and take. A compromise must be found.

There is no give and take required when discussing online. There is no compromise necessary. People post their opinion, and stick with that, because there's no reason to change their opinion. There's no real-world issue that's being addressed and/or needing to be resolved. Look at this thread topic for example: it's nothing but an intellectual exercise. As a relevant question, it's as real as "God" suddenly showing up.

This shift from real discussion and interaction, to unreal virtual chit-chat, is something that has happened in the past 15 years. And this change and shift in the realm of human communication and interaction is creating a serious split in society. Thanks mostly to the Internet, it's becoming an unreal fake-news world, populated by individuals who are hardened in their singular, insular view because they don't have to change their opinion. It's just them versus the computer/TV screen. Nobody is there standing in front of them to challenge them, and look them in the eye, and say, "Um, that answer is a cop-out, sorry."

Baile,

Amen to all the above. We have rapidly evolved into a confrontational society as opposed to a cooperative society and, as you say, greatly aided by the anonyiminty of the internet. Ill considered and careless postings are rampant and normal. People become entrenched in their positions, forced to develop a leaky rationale to preserve face. IMO, clearly a problem of the ego. Without naming names it is readily apparent at the 'highest' levels of society(read: government officials and celebrities). Careless and impulsive outbursts on social media, instead of leading to backtracking, spawn more venom and ridiculous defenses.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Baile,

Amen to all the above. We have rapidly evolved into a confrontational society as opposed to a cooperative society and, as you say, greatly aided by the anonyiminty of the internet. Ill considered and careless postings are rampant and normal. People become entrenched in their positions, forced to develop a leaky rationale to preserve face. IMO, clearly a problem of the ego. Without naming names it is readily apparent at the 'highest' levels of society(read: government officials and celebrities). Careless and impulsive outbursts on social media, instead of leading to backtracking, spawn more venom and ridiculous defenses.
Yes, I also say 'amen' to what you said, Baile. Except, I think there are two kinds of things that are simultneoulsy going on - some people are progressively 'grooving' together 'in' the 'reality' of the stream of universal spirit, while others are regressive becoming more 'i'solated in bubbles of either completely selfish generated or group-self fabricated 'dream' streams.

There will be a denouement wherein and whereby both 'tendencies' (relatively 'few' in the first case, and relatively 'many' in second*) will be separated, with those in the second category ultimately losing their 'chance' of becoming part of the first stream.

[* The 'few' vs the 'many' idea is addressed in Matthew Ch.7: "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."]

One of the (many) biblical passages in which Jesus alluded to the separation of the two 'streams' (of the 'wheat' from the 'chaff') was in Luke Ch.16: "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

There is obviously much more involved in what's going on that the simple 'rich' vs. 'poor' theme Jesus was talking about, I just relate it as a way of saying that I think your comment only speaks of one 'side' of the integration-vs-disintegration 'coin' of what's really happening - meaning what I 'see' as really happening.

Offered in the spirit of outreach-extended sharing, assuming (hoping?) that you haven't 'sunk' into living in a completely 'i'solated bubble yourself, Bro.
Old 13-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
some people are progressively 'grooving' together 'in' the 'reality' of the stream of universal spirit, while others are regressive becoming more 'i'solated in bubbles of either completely selfish generated or group-self fabricated 'dream' streams.
Sure. I used to fish with my uncle. A typical day consisted of 30 seconds of something nibbling on my hook, and 8 hours of nothing at all. But that 30 seconds... exciting! So I get your enthusiasm for the grooving part in all this. Disclaimer: I no longer fish nor eat them anymore, just making a comparative observation. Fish are groovy.