Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 04-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Augadelume

Question on Lucid Dreaming

I am new on my path and I have so many things about Lucid Dreaming but I have not been able to understand exactly what it is. Now I have been told and read that it is a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming but I have also been told that it is where you know you are dreaming and control the dream. I do not know which it is and am trying to understand. The reason I am wanting to understand this so bad is because I have always even since I was a young child known that I was dreaming in my dreams and every now and then I could control my dreams but now I am unable to control them no matter what I try but I do always know I am dreaming and can remember my dreams no problems.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Master
I know what you mean, there is so much confusing and contradictory information out there.
My suggestion is anything written by LaBerge is a great place to get information on lucid dreaming.

My personal opinion is that you do not have to control the dream scape to call it a lucid dream. That awareness that you describe in the dream is all it takes to make it a lucid incident.

About the loss of ability to control the dream it may surprise you to hear that I think that is a good thing. When the ability to control is present, so is the ego, which tells me there isn't a deep connection with your subconscious, and that is where great learning happens.
However, for some people the control is what makes it exciting, they will tell you that is what lucid dreaming is about, but that is just one way of looking at it.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Augadelume

ok thank you I didn't realize that or look at it in that perspective and I will definitely have to check out that author thank you so much!!!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augadelume
I am new on my path and I have so many things about Lucid Dreaming but I have not been able to understand exactly what it is. Now I have been told and read that it is a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming but I have also been told that it is where you know you are dreaming and control the dream. I do not know which it is and am trying to understand. The reason I am wanting to understand this so bad is because I have always even since I was a young child known that I was dreaming in my dreams and every now and then I could control my dreams but now I am unable to control them no matter what I try but I do always know I am dreaming and can remember my dreams no problems.
The definition of lucid dreaming is "being aware you are dreaming while you are still dreaming".

Being able to control your dreams (lucid or not) is a separate skill. A common example of control without being lucid is daydreaming.

The combination of 'lucid' and 'control' obviously produces highly sought after experiences.

As you seem to have lots of lucid dreams, the best place to start is altering the environment around you/your avatar. Start small, like changing the color of something or make it a different time of day.

Both of these skills can occur naturally and can be learned. For most a lot of persistence is required to do them reliably (months possibly years). So just keep at it.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Guide
As others have said, to be lucid in dreams is simply to be aware you are dreaming.
Controlling the environment in dreams is really only possible in the lower realms of your psyche where the imagery is largely of your own imagination. As you get deeper and deeper into dreams, this becomes less and less easy to manipulate...because it becomes less and less personal to your own individual psyche.

Rawn
Old 06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Augadelume

Ok so lucid dreaming is natural to me and controling them I'm not as good at but I am able to do just not as well as the lucid dreaming thank you everyone for your help I will keep practicing. I do have another question though what is the point to controlling them is it some way connected to astral projection or what I am new to learning that this is something not everyone can do it naturally and I am trying to learn what I can about it. Also if there is a way this can help others whatwould it be I mainly am trying to learn to control all my gifts aand use them to help others any information is helpful and very much appreciated thank you every one very much !!!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:53 PM
LaBerge, eh?
Thankyou, thankyou.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-02-2015, 08:54 PM
bartholomew

When we are awake we are "conscious".
When we are asleep we are "unconsciouus".
There is a third state which is "super-conscious".

Here's how it works...

When asleep, usually dreaming, we suddenly are aware of that fact. We know that we are asleep and that our dream has stopped. The feeling is like we are awake but we know we're not. Our consciousness is now in the first person so to speak. This is what lucid "dreaming" is like. The "character" of the dream has changed dramatically. We are now experiencing consciousness similar to that which we will have after death when there is no body or brain to interfere. What we call lucid "dreaming" is the normal state of awareness back in our permanent home, the spirit world. As souls in our spiritual homes we are "super-conscious".

Why does it happen? Most often it is the result of someone we know, a friend or our guide, who wants to communicate with us for one reason or another.

History is filled with those who claim to have been told or shown things in dreams. The religious minded among us will often claim that "God came to them" or "they dreamed of an angel" or some other thing. The superficials are unimportant. What is of interest is the fact that a message or vision, sometimes both at once, are given us.

Is all this a product of our brain? No.' Don't try to provoke a lucid dream. You'll have no luck. We cannot initiate one from our side of life.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

Is all this a product of our brain? No.' Don't try to provoke a lucid dream. You'll have no luck. We cannot initiate one from our side of life.

Sure we can...have done it quite often in fact.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:55 AM
Pathfinder
Augadelume, I have a slightly different view of lucid dreams. On the issue of control, I think we all control our dreams to a certain extent in order for us to understand what we are perceiving. I have gained greater control as time has gone on. When I was younger, I had some traumatic dreams (demons and the like) and my dream self developed various forms of control in order to deal with these things. On the issue of what a lucid dream actually is, I have realised I am dreaming in my dreams a number of times, but I have also had other lucid dreams where I have seen and perceived things extremely clearly, even more clearly or lucidly than I perceive reality when I am not dreaming. I recognise these as true lucid dreams, more than the ones where I realise I am dreaming.