Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-01-2013, 02:32 PM
╰☆╮ Will-‘๑’-The-Wisp ╰☆╮

Question Crystals, Stones, Quartz...

Hi,
I have been wondering if there is an online store that sell any of the rocks listed on the title that aren't very expensive. I have been interested in collecting stones and crystals for having wonderful healing energies and other properties involved. Stones are great ways to support and open your chakras, depending on the stone some have unique metaphysical properties which is pretty neat. If you can provide a link that would be great and thanks in advance. I should probably add that I am not looking for any particular rocks at this moment, just want a link of a store selling all kinds of different stones for a fair price. I know you might be thinking look on your own but most stores I look at don't have variety of different stones and some are small and expensive.
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Last edited by ╰☆╮ Will-‘๑’-The-Wisp ╰☆╮ : 26-01-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 26-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Likes2Read

I kind of don't think we're allowed to link directly to sites that sell things. So instead of posting URLS here, I will just offer some serious advice.

If you are interested in seeing stones that are sold at a reasonable price -- ESPECIALLY forms of quartz -- then gravitate toward online shops that are geared toward rockhounds, people who are interested in geology, science and sometimes museum stores, etc.

I hate to say it, but there are a lot of metaphysical sites that mark up even common stones like crazy, saying that common stones (forms of quartz in particular) are "rare" because they have this shape or that, or special markings or patterns on the stone that are the result of natural growth.

Or worse, they stick a metaphysical name onto a stone (sometimes the name is even trademarked) and REALLY mark up the heck out of the price. This is a HUGE HUGE HUGE pet peeve of mine. Always, always, always learn the REAL name of the stone, the geological name, so that you can be aware of whether it's actually rare or not and by extension, whether it's actually worth the fat price tag that has been attached to it.

If you are seriously interested in stones, read up on gemology and geology, not just metaphysics. Your wallet will thank you.
Old 26-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Master
if you find a rock and gem club in your area, you can get some great deals with them and sometimes find your own. its pretty awesome to find some of your own..
Old 26-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Experiencer
My first finds where that at a nature center.. where I was asked to help a club venture into the forest and help clean the path. But ended up searching for rocks and minerals.. Turns out That's what got me started in the collection and collecting stones.. Later I wanted to learn more about them thou I have bought several books on the subject, I found more books do not see eye to eye on all stones. Meaning one stone by one author isn't or doesn't have the same properties as what another author says. That's when I turned to using these books just for Identification purposes only.
As for acquiring stones.. Several trips to places like Gem Mountain in North Carolina.. have allowed me to stock up on a wide verity of stones.. or in my case many of the most common or basic stones needed with preforming any sort of ritual.
Most all of these gem mine locations (online) have what are called buckets which they can sell over the net. Normally these buckets are nothing more then a zip lock type bag which just the stones in them or the stones are within a bag of sand and its left to you to find them. Sort of creates the adventure for you. But one day I would advice at least once for you to go to one of these gem mines and actually mine for stones..
Some mines have sluice pits where you would sit alongside and sort of pan for the stones.. much like that if your panning for gold. Beware of the stones you may want to throw away. I would keep anything and everything you not sure of until your better off knowing what you really have.
Typically every year my wife and I head to the foot hills of NC just to participate in one of these gem hunts.. I have even been asked to create a group hunt which would allow us to venture into a real gem mine (no sluicing required) just allot of digging.
As for a cheap way to acquire stones/crystals?.. I'd be glad to send you a basic set of chakra stones.. only thing that would be required is that you help with the shipping cost which is about 5.00. Think it over and let me know.