Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2007, 02:13 PM
The Source

Hi David,

Unfortunately I don't know Sylvia Brown but came across her on Mr Randi's forum where they are spitting fire over her.

It was Mr Randi who put the "Psychic challenge" down and indeed nobody has won it.
I joined the forum to "I have to admit" stir up the sceptics a bit (in other words: feel the water). I was trying to defend the "spiritual peoples" point of view and tried (in vain) to explain that not one "genuine" spiritual person would take up the challenge because first of all, non of the sceptics will try to understand the many "spiritual" foundations that our thought patterns and belief is based on.
And therefore the challenge they way they are trying to accomplish it doesn't make sense and contradicts most spiritual believes and code of conducts etc. Therefore i am of the opinion that nobody will ever take up the challenge and the ones that do won't be able to win.

The other problem I found was the confusion over the terminology used.
Most didn't understand the difference between Psychic, Medium, Fortune telling etc. etc. Let's not try to talk about chakra's on that forum for example lol...
So people were not having just discussions about the subject at hand but completey misunderstood of what was being written. O, and they had far more interest in correcting a foreigners spelling and grammatical mistakes.

But one thing for sure, trying to hold a debate over there is quite a learning curve.

To find proof that afterlife exists is not just by listening to other peoples experiences but by trying to find out for yourself.

To find a psychic consultant or Medium is trial and error.
The best way is to keep your money in your pocket and play it by ear. If you know people in your area that have been seeing a psychic or medium than they might be able to warn you about one or indeed recommend one.

To pay a large amount of money doesn't mean that the consultant is good but not paying anything could mean the same.

The best way (is attending a service at a spiritualist church) and yes it does mean mumbeling along with some of the hyms lol.
and it might well be that despite having put so much efford into all that singing you still might not get a message.
Go to these services with both feet on the ground as you will find some mediums will indeed just call out names which has the Bingo effect but on the rare occasion you will come across a very talented medium and this way it wont cost you anything apart from a little donation to support your local spiritualist church.

Good luck...
Closed Thread