Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
How should someone respond to mean people? There are multiple options such as being mean back to them as well, not being mean to them and keeping the bad feelings and emotions inside, which in time will start to hurt, or being indifferent and try not to keep the emotions inside (sort of hard for myself)

Speak your mind and don't be trampled on. Love the lovers. Hate the haters. Amen
Old 15-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Master
i no evry wear u go mean pepelel is arond frm kids to adultss to oldiss in90s evn 100s

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 15-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
How should someone respond to mean people? There are multiple options such as being mean back to them as well, not being mean to them and keeping the bad feelings and emotions inside, which in time will start to hurt, or being indifferent and try not to keep the emotions inside (sort of hard for myself)
Naturally we want to react to those who have awakened a negative feeling in us...but that may be our problem and not the one who we think hurt us. Maybe we should ask WHY we are hurt, what belief do we hold that triggers this negative emotion. Would we react or hurt when we know something is not true?

Rather than just hitting back, which we all would like to do lol, it may be better to ask ourselves am I hurt because I believe what they say is true and how do I change that belief?

I used to have ginger hair, and was taunted throughout my childhood with names and ridicule...the thing is I really loved my hair colour so was never affected by the name calling...do you see what I mean? It was water of a ducks back.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Burntfruit

Pick your battles wisely. Often I will just laugh and turn my back to a mean person. Why do anything more?
Old 15-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Pick your battles wisely. Often I will just laugh and turn my back to a mean person. Why do anything more?

yep onlyy way todo it
iv lernt dont let yore moth go iv beam peppplee its let moth go im1 got hit for it
hit or shuvd coz thy dnt lk me but i dnt giv a hoott i dnt
not now i dnt
or peplee geton told not go near me coz im a lozzr yes mabyi am but i luv to ml pepplee laff i do not insutin othrss i dnt

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 16-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Janielee: I have tried online hypnosis, but quickly learned that I am not very "suggestable". Maybe it was the fact that it was online and not real life.. maybe It just need a tailored session, maybe I have not found a good hypnotherapist, who knows? I am a bit "iffy" about it, but yes, it is something that I should be investigating further and thanks for your helpful suggestion.
I don’t think Asperger’s can be hypnotized, because the rational mind prevents crossing the Conscious Critical Faculty - CCF barrier.
At least 2 of my Aspie friends couldn’t. They would feel very uncomfortable or irritated or even panicky about it. Then again never say never ....

Yet both would come up with such profoundly insightful awake statements out of the blue like Edgar Cayce going lucid whilst awake, so obviously the access to the subconscious is there.
It just needs an indirect access, like play problem solving? So this idea does sound good:
Quote:
Right now, I am working with "play therapy" and I am doing this on my own, because there are no groups or services in my area which run "playgroups for traumatized adults". I was only speaking about this to my peer support worker yesterday after we both became lost in a mountain of kinetic sand that I should start a "play therapy group" at my local community center.
You are a problem solver .... a person who can empower themselves by giving yourself the support you perhaps thought you needed from others ....

Old 16-08-2019, 05:53 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I want to taste the sugar and not BE the sugar.

If you were truly in state, the joy and peace would come up of itself. You seeing the world is seeing your mirror.

Being the sugar IS tasting the nectar.

You know that. Just live it.

SD
Old 16-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
Naturally we want to react to those who have awakened a negative feeling in us...but that may be our problem and not the one who we think hurt us. Maybe we should ask WHY we are hurt, what belief do we hold that triggers this negative emotion. Would we react or hurt when we know something is not true?

Rather than just hitting back, which we all would like to do lol, it may be better to ask ourselves am I hurt because I believe what they say is true and how do I change that belief?

I used to have ginger hair, and was taunted throughout my childhood with names and ridicule...the thing is I really loved my hair colour so was never affected by the name calling...do you see what I mean? It was water of a ducks back.

I appreciate this response, thank you Emm.

All my life I have been accused of being “too nice”, by almost everyone of my acquaintance, with sarcastic, mean people forefront.
So I was apt to worry the whole world saw me as a doormat, and suffered low self-esteem as a result.

That view changed somewhat when I began to believe ‘Do not mistake my kindness for weakness’.
I am _much stronger_ now, for believing in the power of being cordial, forgiving, lending an ear and empathizing.
Old 18-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
I appreciate this response, thank you Emm.

All my life I have been accused of being “too nice”, by almost everyone of my acquaintance, with sarcastic, mean people forefront.
So I was apt to worry the whole world saw me as a doormat, and suffered low self-esteem as a result.

That view changed somewhat when I began to believe ‘Do not mistake my kindness for weakness’.
I am _much stronger_ now, for believing in the power of being cordial, forgiving, lending an ear and empathizing.
Top-notch wayfaring and way-sharing, Anne and Emm - Woohoo!

Illustrates the ubiquitous presence and power of response-ability.

As alluded to in the following meme (except I would replace the second use of the word 'control' with the word choose ):

Old 18-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I don’t think Asperger’s can be hypnotized, because the rational mind prevents crossing the Conscious Critical Faculty - CCF barrier.
At least 2 of my Aspie friends couldn’t. They would feel very uncomfortable or irritated or even panicky about it. Then again never say never ....

I never met a person who was 'hypnosis free'.
Just my opinion

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜