Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Seeker

Feeling tired?

Lately I've been struggling at practicing mediumship. During the times I begin to practice my mediumship again, I've noticed during the same week I'm practicing I feel less capable to focus on other things throughout the day, like for example working/or my artwork.

It's almost as if practicing being a medium makes me too tired to focus on other things in the day? I can't figure out why that would be, and I was wondering if anyone had any input on my situation?

Old 26-10-2014, 03:57 AM
Master

It could be because you're not grounding and protecting yourself. If you take a minute and read: http://www.rescuemediums.com/groundi...protection.php it explains it quite well
Old 26-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Seeker

Cool article :) I skimmed through it and what stuck out to me was using the hematite, I just happened to have some on my desk that I use, so I'll start using the hematite for the grounding from now on.

I also found using the hematite with the crown chakra meditation is kind of cool! Thanks
Old 04-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Knower

I fully agree with Jenny Crow. Grounding and Protection is essential for when you do any type of divination. As you have found out--even crystals can help ground you and also protect you. There are many ways to ground and protect yourself though, so you may want to find a few different options and see which one works best for you.

I ground and protect myself daily now, pretty much out of habit, as I do a lot of readings pretty much every day. But, even if I don't have any readings to do--its still a part of my daily routine. I'd recommend finding a few different ways of doing this and seeing which one you like the best.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Deactivated Account
When I first started interacting with spirits, I was so consumed by that I did not WANT to focus on anything else. I felt like anything else encroached on what I wanted to center all my attention on.

One thing I learned about interacting with spirits is that telepathy can actually dehydrate you if you aren't careful. Its important to stay hydrated. I used to be completely hooked on those 5-hour energy shots and I wasn't drinking enough water. Many of the spirits I was interacting with said they had visions of me dying of cardiac arrest. That was all it took for me to wean myself off them cold turkey. You also need to learn to tune spirits out somewhat throughout the day so you can recharge your batteries. I know! Difficult.......but necessary. I used to get so drained I was making mistakes that could have gotten me fired from my last job or got me into a car accident while I was driving. They'll understand.

One last thing........they carry the same emotions we do on earth. You can also easily absorb their emotions. Its also key to learn to shield yourself so you can peripherally feel their emotions to have an understanding of how they feel........without allowing them to overwhelm you.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank
Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
It could be because you're not grounding and protecting yourself. If you take a minute and read: http://www.rescuemediums.com/groundi...protection.php it explains it quite well

I understand the protecting part because that's basically shielding.........but what does it mean to "ground" yourself?
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank
Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Disregard my last post. I glanced at the article. I get it now.

-Anne Frank