Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Knower

Crying after yoga

Hi All!

I just finished my practise for today, it was a hip opening class, but I felt something weird happened at the end of this class just as I was honoring myself, to have clear loving words, thoughts and a heart, during Savasana I got a little teary eyed, infact it was like a little cry, not of sadness, but from being over whelmed, like so much filled me in that moment that I cried and i could not understand why, I was hoping if some lovely person could explain why this happend? Although I did love this feeling It was a mixture of feelings, but mostly positive ones.

I read somewhere that we store emotions in our hips, and whilst I have recently had a moment of sadness, it didnt feel like sadness being released, more like, gratitude and it's gunna be okay.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Ascender
Don't know but looks like something beneficial happened

I've many mystical experiences when I practice a particular pranayama. I can share about the technique if you want.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Yeah our hips are where we store our repressed emotions. They correspond to the root chakra. Hip openers often give us emotional release.. I read that pigeon pose is quite potent for that. It's not an unusual thing really and it means your yoga is working to clear out your energy system. When we release something negative it opens up a space for love to fill. So that is why you felt happy during it :) Myself I often feel quite comforted when I'm crying about something and releasing those emotions.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Pathfinder
Sounds powerful :)
Old 09-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Knower

very interesting. I am glad it was a nice experience for you, lollypoppet and thank you, ScarlettHayden for explaining it. I've never heard that we store our emotions in our hips. Something to explore and Very Interesting!