Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 30-08-2014, 10:05 PM
samsara4

For those who chant OM, what inspires you to do it?

Old 13-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Pathfinder
The feeling of peace it gives me. Alst the strength and power of the sound, a gentle strength. Like a breeze that can become a mighty wind but is gentle and welcome on a hot day. It is also the sound that created the universe and I feel connected to God when I chant it.

I basicly do it when I am preparing to meditate
Old 16-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Master

When you chant Om in solitude and silence, with love and attention, the prana within increases resulting in expansion of consciousness.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 26-10-2014, 05:07 AM
RasaKali

For a devotee with dedicated soul, what else can he/she think off, without thinking about his/her yog with his/her beloved lord... OUM gives me feeling of uniting with my beloved lord. I am alive only with the intention to unite with Him/Her.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Knower

One book I read said it helps to stabilize the Aura by chanting OM, Oooo for 10 seconds then Mmmm for another 10 seconds.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Guide
The energy surge I feel when I feel the vibrations of the sound going through me, brings me into a state of total bliss.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Master

Primal sound. Good to begin and end a meditation session. Great to meditate on and chant.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Guide

If no other blessing chant is known, and because of the peaceful nature of AUM, it's used both before and after meetings, meals, and other events. It's often chanted 3 times at large gatherings as well.

I wrote AUM, because generally it's consider the blending of 3 sounds, a as in saw, U as in too, and the M sound held. When said quickly the first two do come out as O.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:29 AM
hanumanchalisayantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsara4

It gives me so much peace that i cant explain... It also reduce stress you have trust me .
Old 29-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y27eovkuE0