Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Luv To Be Spiritual

My kuldevta is Renuka Mata but my ishta devta is Lord Shiva, Lord Shiva is for everyone but im only for my Lord Shiva...!! :)
Old 10-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Pathfinder

my ishta devi is "Maa Bhubaneswari"
Old 16-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Keeya

Kali ma my beloved.
Old 21-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Master
Namaste.

Even though this is an old thread, I just thought I'd reactivate it with my own reply.

Lord Shiva is my Ishta Devata, and only certain celestial manifestations:

1. Kala Bhairava/Veerabhadra - Avenging the Dharma, vigilante for Truth, beheading the unjust...Shiva's wild, unbridled passion and 'dark side' just fills me full of great love and admiration...it's weird, but that's just the way it is.

2. Ardharnarishwara - the full embodiment of Tantric perfection - Shiva/Shakti...advaita...Brahman...enough said.

3. Lord Dakshinamurthy - The whole Vijnana Bhairava Tantra was a testament to Shiva's great knowledge and loving skill as guru to his spouse, Parvathi. Not to mention all the great saints and sages who sat at His feet to learn from Him!

4. Lord Bhuteshwara - Lord of Demons - it's cool how God can be God and Satan rolled into one and because he rules over all dimensions, I have no fear whenever I travel there. I love my ash-covered, graveyard dwelling Lord!

5. Lord Chandrashekhara - Lord of the crescent-moon. Whenever I see the crescent moon, it reminds me of Lord Shiva...worn on the left side, it represents Ida Nadi and it reminds me about the deep pledge I made to be a student of Laya Yoga.

6. Lord Guheshwara - Lord of Caves, This was taken from Allama Prabhu when I was studying Lingayatism (Virashaivism) for a while. It reminds me of all the beautiful vachanas composed by all the great Lingayat saints of old.

Aum Namah Shivaya