Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
mightything

ying and yang energies.

yang is supposed to be heat and expansive
thick and readily noticiable. electrics
yin is supposed to be cold and contracting
more subtle. magnetic

from a tactile point of view what does yin feel like though?
how do you raise it on purpose?

yin seems to be where some of the powers are.
hidden. occult is yin.
while yang is like life, in your face.

i think my body and its energies are mostly yang based.
i generate alot of heat. and my energy will be thick and very there.

but there are other times were it feels thin less there.
and ill still have energy symptoms.

what makes me curious is when i hold my hand out for some one else to fill my energy they wont feel anything. its not because im not generating.
it almost seems like people who dont practice cant feel all energies. usually when i just push and pull my energy out of my palms people can feel it.
Old 13-07-2012, 02:00 AM
she who plays

Well if Yang relates to fire then wouldn't it have to be very concentrated and dense...like a point? Yin, being water-related, would be expanding because its nature is to be diffuse and spread out. That makes more sense to me. But I think I understand what you mean about the active energy expanding.. it is the growth of light; an increasing intensity.

Yin would relate to the womb of potential. Inside the void is written the code of existence. So Yang would be the movement of that stillness. Yang is the power to realise that potential; to make life happen. Yang is making known, the unknown.

So to me, Yang is all power.. energy etc. you can feel it as heat, or maybe more subtly in the various chakras. Yin though.. I think as its nature is negative then it has no positive charge. It is unfocus.. unawareness, unconscious, subconscious. I would say you can sense Yin in the quality of Yang. We are not always feeling firey and 100% focused.. so this must mean Yin is having an effect on Yang; making that red a little orangey-yellow. As the evening draws, we may turn purple, and then midnight blue. We will reach the black Yin in sleep. :-)

I would say that Yin relates to what 'science' calls 'dark energy' too. It is all tied in.
Old 13-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Guide
I don't know but I'm interested learning more about the styles/types of energy work....
When I work with my own energy, or during meditation, it's generally very hot, soft; but I've also worked with ice cold energy, it feels like water. Whereas the hotter one reminds me of fire.

Also, with the energies, the hot rises from the base of one's body, whereas the cold energy descends from the top of my skull downwards.
Old 13-07-2012, 02:21 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I don't know but I'm interested learning more about the styles/types of energy work....
When I work with my own energy, or during meditation, it's generally very hot, soft; but I've also worked with ice cold energy, it feels like water. Whereas the hotter one reminds me of fire.

Also, with the energies, the hot rises from the base of one's body, whereas the cold energy descends from the top of my skull downwards.

I've experienced 'cold releases' from some of the chakras; especially the heart chakra and the pineal gland chakra.
How exactly do you work with that type of... 'cool energy'? And to what purpose?

I know what you mean though. I'm struggling to define it, but there is the energy from the base chakra that is like a burning fire that passes upwards, and then there is a sort of... contracting, expanding 'energy'? It feels cooler and expansive; much more excited. I'm guessing it's negative.

I'm not entirely sure.
Old 13-07-2012, 06:32 PM
mightything

in path notes of an american ninja. glen morris. talks very briefly about heat energy and cool energy. i think some people can run it more naturally. he said a lady he trained a couple of years ago who either was a natural at it or found out how to run cool energy. and she showed him how.
so you can learn

ive ran cool energy a few times. but my energy will be like fire or air.
ive also heard yin follows yang energy.

the only technique ive read so far about raising yin
is somewhat contradictory to what we both know about the base and yang energy.
supposedly you can draw yin energy from the earth and up through your base. the lower dantian is supposed to produce our yang supply.
i'll have to read it again. but to me though the knowledge seem sound.
its only words on paper if you cant make it work.

on a side not kundalini is supposed to be easier to deal with if you can run the cold energy. causing less problems as your body wont overheat as fast.
ive heard that you can have your yang energy so hot it can burn your sex partner or even your internal organs. thankfully my body keeps me a step removed from most of the heat.
ive been told my body burns while i sleep and i believe it.
Old 14-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Rin

It is a mistake to look at yin and yang in absolute terms because they are relative. Something which is Yin in one situation can be very Yang in another.

Yang may be depicted as heat and fire but the idea needs to be used in the sense of warmer, but that still does not answer the question "compared to what?"
In addition it may not be used as fire as such but in the sense of what fire does, rise, expand, consume and transform.

Yin and Yang is not just a simplistic idea.
Old 14-07-2012, 04:19 AM
mightything

i dont think we assume it to be. but its hard to explain the formless.
can only go for what you know in the hopes to expand your knowledge.
people have spent hundreds of years abstractly philosophizing about it.
im just trying to find a real way to use it. instead of it being some idea.
for the most part its just energy to me.
but alot of other people see clear distinction between different kinds.
i know there are at least two. i want it to be more than just energy to me.
Old 14-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Rin

Yin and Yang are not used, they are inherent in what one does, although one might chose between a Yin and Yang way of dealing with things.
Old 14-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
ive also heard yin follows yang energy.
Yin follows yang, in the same way that atmosphere follows planetary bodies...
Add mass to the sphere and more of the surrounding space/void will automaticaly concentrate into becoming atmosphere.

Also, how come the text you read got most things backwards? seem strange.

Quote:
supposedly you can draw yin energy from the earth and up through your base. the lower dantian is supposed to produce our yang supply.

The energy within our systems go as following:
Legs: Point
Sacrum: Blurr
Celiac->Solar: Smaller/Longer/Faster Point (sharp)
Thymus<-Throat: Larger/Finer Blurr
Pituitary->Forehead (+Core of the crown): Smallest/Longest/Fastest Point (beyond sharp; metaphysical)
Body of the crown: Largest/Finest Blurr
You may verify it for yourself if you are capable of feeling the energies of crystals.

I'd say its only common sense to agree upon calling all the Pointy energies yang, and all the blurry ones ying.
Old 14-07-2012, 08:04 PM
mightything

The energy within our systems go as following:
Legs: Point
Sacrum: Blurr
Celiac->Solar: Smaller/Longer/Faster Point (sharp)
Thymus<-Throat: Larger/Finer Blurr
Pituitary->Forehead (+Core of the crown): Smallest/Longest/Fastest Point (beyond sharp; metaphysical)
Body of the crown: Largest/Finest Blurr
??
where does this info come from? and explain blurr and point. i mean i get the gist of it fine enough.
(pretty please, with strawberries and sugar on top)

"I'd say its only common sense to agree upon calling all the Pointy energies yang, and all the blurry ones ying."

and id agree. to some people they arent abstract ideas but polarities.
and im swingin with that.
and supposedly the chakras do have positive and negative poles.

i also say supposedly alot because it maybe something i heard, read or suspect. but i myself havnt proven it. but my mind isnt closed.

also@Leit
alot of different text that say alot of different stuff. ive read things that are completely contradictory to each other concerning energy work and all its parts. i tend to stick with who and what works. building a foundation of knowledge and reevaluating as i come across new info.
to me if it doesnt work or you cant do it. your just taking their word for it.