Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Guide

Giving up the pursuit of truth

For the last two and a half years, my “process” has roughly been about searching my body for whatever needs to be said, turning the feeling into a concept (i.e., speaking the truth to myself), and allowing myself to fully feel the bridge between the feeling and idea. I’m now starting to wonder if I’m unnecessarily attached to truth, the pursuit of it, or possibly what I have assumed to be my role in it.

Once I started thinking about it, it wasn’t difficult to intellectually understand that what’s true for each of us, i.e., our unique collection of beliefs, creates the world as we perceive it, which I think would be true even if a person wasn’t attached to truth. I figured that following the process above would allow me to bring my frustrations to the forefront but I had to first understand what motivated me and how I perceived things.

I think I’m getting tired of it. I’m just wondering if anyone else has found themselves pursuing truth within and eventually gave up that pursuit.
Old 25-10-2013, 01:04 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningBush
I think I’m getting tired of it. I’m just wondering if anyone else has found themselves pursuing truth within and eventually gave up that pursuit.

Well, I can't say I gave up b/c I had to go through the grief to heal ...
What I've found is universal truths are clear, simple & easy to live by ...
If you're good natured & loving w/out heavy hang ups you already possess the knowledge ...
So if you feel this about yourself & know it as fact, then you should be able to navigate as well as enjoy life w/out searching for more than you need ...
Just make sure to check in w/yourself every once in awhile ...
Old 25-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Guide

Quote:
For the last two and a half years, my “process” has roughly been about searching my body for whatever needs to be said, turning the feeling into a concept (i.e., speaking the truth to myself), and allowing myself to fully feel the bridge between the feeling and idea. I’m now starting to wonder if I’m unnecessarily attached to truth, the pursuit of it, or possibly what I have assumed to be my role in it.

Once I started thinking about it, it wasn’t difficult to intellectually understand that what’s true for each of us, i.e., our unique collection of beliefs, creates the world as we perceive it, which I think would be true even if a person wasn’t attached to truth. I figured that following the process above would allow me to bring my frustrations to the forefront but I had to first understand what motivated me and how I perceived things.

I have been hung up on truth too. I wanted the truth to be known regardless of it's being negative or positive. What truth have you been searching for?
Old 25-10-2013, 05:18 AM
Fairmountain

hmm BurningBush if your having second thoughts - before you give up - check out Jed Mckenna.

I feel your frustration. I know it personally. But maybe look at less of trying to get to the Truth and rather to remove the identifications of the false. In my experience this is not something that is "desired" for but rather fuel by discontent of the ugliness of the ego.
Old 25-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I have been hung up on truth too. I wanted the truth to be known regardless of it's being negative or positive. What truth have you been searching for?

I was originally looking to resolve my frustrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmountain
hmm BurningBush if your having second thoughts - before you give up - check out Jed Mckenna.

I feel your frustration. I know it personally. But maybe look at less of trying to get to the Truth and rather to remove the identifications of the false. In my experience this is not something that is "desired" for but rather fuel by discontent of the ugliness of the ego.

I've read Jed McKenna's stuff. I thought it was brilliant at first and I still think about concepts that I got from him. However, I read his last book and I thought it was total **. Ultimately, I think Jed is potentially dangerous, but if you can overcome his **, you'll be a lot stronger.
Old 25-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Well, I can't say I gave up b/c I had to go through the grief to heal ...
What I've found is universal truths are clear, simple & easy to live by ...
If you're good natured & loving w/out heavy hang ups you already possess the knowledge ...
So if you feel this about yourself & know it as fact, then you should be able to navigate as well as enjoy life w/out searching for more than you need ...
Just make sure to check in w/yourself every once in awhile ...

After I read this post, my first thought was that searching for truth might be preventing me from seeing it.
Old 25-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
After I read this post, my first thought was that searching for truth might be preventing me from seeing it.

Hiya burning bush :) ready for an offload ? lol

Im going thru a pretty big re-arrangement of things myself at the moment to, its starting to feel like I move further away from this particular set of spiritual parameters ive believed as my truth everyday, which initially felt very disappointing, so i took some time to stop looking..
What im starting to find now is that there is a vast difference between the truth and my truth in depth, When i really break down what i think this whole 'spirituality' is to me and how much of it is genuinely my truth and how much is gathered information that fits, or i want to fit, or i want it to be or feel or on the flip side have been conditioned too be or feel, grown up within etc... it was strange to ask myself the question,.. forget all that, all youve read and heard and seen 2nd hand WHAT do you know, really truly know... the difference between those two was vast, the scope was massive and some of the things i thought i knew but didnt were sad and heartbreaking to realise cause i wanted it so much...

I think obe is helping to change the way i view my' spirituality'.. im starting to not even like the word!.. because before i kinda felt that if i read someone elses truth and it resonated with me, that could then be my truth, it felt right, it made sense, i could IMAGINE how it works, despite the relationship to the experience of getting it not being there! That if a part of some other truth than what id experienced has aspects or parts that were suggesting truth for me, then somehow what was missing from experience to make it complete and my own whole truth, id search out those experiences, acting them out seeing how they fitted in the scenes of my life and often was very satisfied with this! Soon after this i began to question my motives here, was i infact just being a 2nd hand cast of my own experiences!! ....hmmmm!!

The reason obe is changing how i see things is pretty simple and not to do so much with the process itself but the experience...
and as such works with anything you experience versus want to/desire to, am sure i do etc!!! Here i am the experience, which cant be influenced by other peoples thoughts, opinions, beliefs, ideas, critisisms or indeed truth of... if its questioned it doesnt even care, it doesnt question back, if anything its likely to smile and just move on... with no detremental causings. It never changes the experience, unlike some of the truths i thought i had which could get knocked about all over the place by people and ideas, theorys and essentially myself! I began to think hold on.... if this is truth, whats making anything shake it...what does this hold that the rest of my beliefs dont.. it was the I am part...
So out of maybe 100 things i thought i knew as my truth, maybe 10% remain in tact after this wall bashing exercise...10% that you could quite literally laugh in my face for and they wouldnt even flutter. I dont feel at home in the same places i was just weeks ago, they no longer serve me any purpose although they potentially hold the way forward too finding my truth that fits in with this set or that set..or doesnt... they cant give me truth, infact im starting to understand nothing can except its experience, i can get inspired, i can get motivated and uplifted by everything else, but its like living in a shadow to me now, but it has felt a very comfortable curtain for years and years now. Its a shocking process this one im very quiet to say the least even in my physical world at the moment..
I will also point out those 10% of truths happened beyond any situations i set up to encourage spiritual awareness... the 10% of things that probably only make up 2-3 'catergorys' and ive stopped looking for more, I dont think they come as often as we think they should either so we crave more...or we want it now etc etc or even as you say get to the point where we think whats the point in looking....... and thats ok, not to say we cant help the search with everything we do, neither am i saying this is the case and will resonate as i see it for any other person alive! im starting to really believe.. just as you say here in a roundabout way, is it about seeking them out or just being still and watching for when its truth graces us? and when it does however long or shorta period of time that is, does this make whats happening now any less...???
What im starting to understand is maybe truth finds us,, but were impatient!!
I often wonder how our pursuits for this truth can send our spirits running around in circles like this, i often laugh at myself and my own behaviours and ideas in this light! I also wonder sometimes what the point of shedding my inner light serves in accordance with other people, when it cant be theirs.. i feel a little like ive tried to take control of the truth, adapting to fit in and wonder why im now left disillusioned, i also wonder if ive felt a little like not knowing the truth, especially considering so many people seem to, made me less spiritually valid, made me less spiritual. But it doesnt, and not having mindblowing experiences every day doesnt cause otherwise im starting to think what would exactly be the point of all this from that perspective, i dont want to live waiting for the next spiritual experience anymore, i think i want to see what happens when you dont now. All i do know is my soul just got undressed again lol ;)
Thats my rambles on it, probably wont help (lol) but this topics close to my heart at the moment so thankyou for sharing and allowing me to :)

Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 25-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

Sometimes people can look so hard they miss what they've already got. But is the truth in Xanadu (a mythical city)?
Old 25-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Deactivated Account
I can relate to where you are. I know sooner or later I have to let go for my own sanity, but it's very difficult to do so.

I don't know if you've seen The X Files (Tv show) but I'm rather like Mulder, desperate to know at any cost, but hurting myself in the process. Interestingly Scully, who is a scientist and in love with him, once says that truth can't be found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart.

I love that. I think truth is love, and love is the ultimate truth.
Old 25-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:

Perhaps realization of your own emotions , your own existence , the cause of your existence , the end of your existence is the only truth and this process known to me as Buddhism .
Thks
CSEe