Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Guide
By definition, no because they are not worshiping any supernatural
being. However they are defiantly acting like a fundamental religion
which they are so against. There wasting money that could be used
for a greater cause (such as being spent on food for the starving) and
they're using it to spread their beliefs which is something religious people
do. Not to mention they are against anyone and everyone who disagrees
with them. Just like most religious people.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Master
No I don't think Atheism is becoming a religion, I think that those who don't believe in religion are closer to the truth than most religions. They live for the now, they don't cling to life like most religious people would, they live their life as if its their last, to me this is really living. the religious cannot prove anything they believe in, they live on faith and hope, many religious people wast their whole life searching for something thats not even there.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Saladkiller

everyone should just drop this facade. theres no athiesm, nor is there any religion. Theres just a bunch of scared people holding on to whatever they feel will give them what they want out of life.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Greenslade

I must have missed something here, so being on the road to Enlightenment I ask. If Atheists don't believe in anything, how can they have a religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
It fits the definition alright.

"particular system of faith"

They BELIEVE that there is no God,
based on no evidence whatsoever,
but, rather, on what they take to be
the absence of evidence.

An odd position, to be sure.

What evidence does people need to believe in God? Last I heard it wasn't about proof but about faith and people go to war about religion.

So when is Jesus' birthday? Or will any old Pagan date do? Christmas is a Pagan festival and nobody is sure when Jesus was actually born. The general consensus of opinion seems to be the 11th of September but sometime in April has been put forward as well.

When you're putting up your Christmas tree remember the Druids that started it, the Yule (Thule) log and the holly and the ivy - all Pagan symbology. Santa Claus originated in Finland, and came from a religion that the Catholic church tried to wipe out by sending Charlemange and his army. What I don't agree with about what the guy is saying is that Christianity is a religion not worthy of respect. I respect everyone's beliefs regardless of whether they believe in God or not. But please, don't hijack some other religions holidays and traditions to use as your own then tell me about Truth.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
I couldn't help but notice a news story that really stood out to me recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYUlhEMTCdk

Am I the only one who finds this to be tasteless?

Are they becoming their own religion?

Not only is it tasteless but its presumptuous "you know its a myth"! Atheism definitely is a religion. They have a set of core beliefs about the nature of life, death and the universe that they fervently cling to that are unyielding. As with all religions there are some really pleasant people and some obnoxious proselytizers as evidenced by this billboard.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
HipDavid

Organization does not constitute religion.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipDavid
Organization does not constitute religion.

But unyielding hardcore beliefs do and thats what atheism wishes to project
Old 05-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen

By promoting their own unyielding hardcore belief? That's called hypocritical.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Not only is it tasteless but its presumptuous "you know its a myth"! Atheism definitely is a religion. They have a set of core beliefs about the nature of life, death and the universe that they fervently cling to that are unyielding. As with all religions there are some really pleasant people and some obnoxious proselytizers as evidenced by this billboard.

Historically speaking it's not a myth. By the way, Christianity is based on Paganism.

Quote:

Not my Atheism, but I could say the same about some Christians. Do you actually understand Atheism and what are you basing your beliefs on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
By promoting their own unyielding hardcore belief? That's called hypocritical.

Isn't that what some Christians do? Do you actually understand Atheism and what are you basing your beliefs on?

How many have actually sat down and talked to an Atheist before commenting? Or do you feel you are enlightened enough not to? Being honest, if you don't then you can't call yourself any kind of Enlightened and it's little wonder that religion gets a bad name. I really don't see anything here that would persuade me otherwise. It's not the religion or the lack of it that's the problem here but the people. So by all means hang onto something that has little Truth in it, because Christ wasn't born on Christmas day and almost everything you do (apart from going to your Christian church) is based on Paganism, a religion that Christians have tried to systematically wipe out.

Like it or not, Christmas and Christianity is Pagan-based. If you want to get away from the Paganism, don't celebrate Christ's birthday on the 25th of December because that is not when he was born. Christmas trees, holly and ivy, 25th of December, Santa Claus are all Paganistic.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No I don't think Atheism is becoming a religion, I think that those who don't believe in religion are closer to the truth than most religions. They live for the now, they don't cling to life like most religious people would, they live their life as if its their last, to me this is really living. the religious cannot prove anything they believe in, they live on faith and hope, many religious people wast their whole life searching for something thats not even there.

Give that man a beer - or many :-)