Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Master
Dreamed of handling a poisonous snake-twice in one night!

Last night I had the strangest dream....twice!

A small snake....kinda whitish...and make 2 and a half or 3 feet long...In my dream I new it was a poisonous snake...really poisonous!

It was by me and I grabbed it behind the head like you do a poisonous snake to handle it without getting bitten! But oh boy was it trying to bite me! wiggling around....thrashing its body....spitting poison....trying to turn its head and get me!

I'm struggling with it the whole time trying to not even get it's poisonous spit on me...I can tell its trying to spit it on me and bite me if it can...spit it in my eye's.

But by the end of the dream and waking up...I still had a grip on it...struggling with the snake.

So I went back to sleep....and some time later...had the exact same dream again....

Having the same dream twice is what made me think that there's some message to it I should be considering...

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 19-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Do you have any toxic people in your life you are trying to wrangle and manage so you don't feel their bite? Seems you may want to keep an eye out for that sort of person but you can manage to protect yourself.
Old 21-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Master
three feet equals one yard... i wouldn't call that small. (was it especially thin?)

i'm sorta instinctively drawn to the idea of the snake representing kundalini
energy. the creature seems intent on 'infecting' you with it's venom, yet it
had approached you unawares, and allowed you to make the first move.
your conscious mind was allowed to decide against accepting the 'information'
it might provide to you... yet you struggle.
Old 25-02-2018, 02:36 AM
Master
i'll make a second attempt at interpretation for you Lucky 1.

it's been said that the mind is like an iceberg. the portion that is visible to
conscious awareness is above the waterline. the subconscious, residing
below the threshold of awareness, contains the vast majority of information
available to the mind. the true power of an iceberg is not visible to casual
observation from above that demarcation line... the currents in which it
interacts are hidden from view.

kundalini energy may be understood as 'subconscious awareness'.

i see your dream as expressing your kundalini as desiring to come into
the awareness of your consciousness, but your conscious mind sensing
this as a threat to itself. the "venom" of the snakes bite may indeed alter
your perceptions of life's events, but not the function of your consciousness,
which is the decider of where to focus your attentions. your kundalini has
respected your decision making capacity.

i think it probable that you've got a predisposition toward viewing this
interaction with your subconscious as 'threatening'... it's really just an
invitation to gain a wider understanding of your mental processes.
you might instead decide to view it as a visitation from archangel uriel,
bringing you the opportunity to integrate 'higher wisdom' into your
waking mind.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
this dream is from God & it is saying 'don't touch your genitalia at night & especially do not masturbate'. That's what it is saying. Egyptian paintings give a lot of lessons about keeping one's hands away from one's genitalia & not ever indulging in pleasures of the flesh. Most religions say the same thing in their own way. This is what your dream is saying. It is a message from the angel of God who takes care of your soul. It is with you all the time & sees everything you do.

Thank you for your input.... really! .........But somehow I doubt that this is it!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Seeker
Hi Lucky 1, can you remember the location in the dream? Any other details?
Old 02-03-2018, 02:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue121
Hi Lucky 1, can you remember the location in the dream? Any other details?

I cannot. ...its been a week or two but I don't think I've forgotten. ...I just never knew to begin with.

The more I think about this dream.....its like the snake was not in a " place" it was in my mind! Like a battle in my mind with this poisonous snake....

I don't know. .....its just weird.....but it also makes me think that HORACE could indeed be onto something with the kundalini energy thing...

Old 02-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Seeker
Maybe indicating a repressed archetype or some kind of lesson to be learnt then?

The dream reminded me of a story about a cobra and a devotee of Sri Ramana but couldn't find it.

Whilst I looked I found these which might be of interest:

"At Skandashram, a peacock would follow Bhagavan everywhere. One day a huge black cobra appeared in the Ashram and the peacock attacked it fiercely. The cobra spread its hood and the two natural enemies were poised for a fight to death. Then Bhagavan came quite near the cobra and said, “Why did you come here? That peacock will kill you. Better go away at once”. The cobra immediately lowered its hood and slithered away."

and

"Once, a devotee wanted to know from Bhagavan whether it was true that He was friendly with snakes while living
on the Hill. Bhagavan replied: 'Yes, it is true. One particular snake crawled over my body. It was a very friendly snake.
As its touch my body used to feel as though it was tickled. The snake used to come and go whenever it liked, on its own
accord.'

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao, the Asramam doctor, asked Bhagavan whether a snake had crept over His body. Bhagavan replied:
'Yes. Snakes raise their hood and look into our eyes. They seem to understand that they need not be afraid of me and then
pass over me. It did not strike me either that I should do anything to it.'

When another devotee asked, how Bhagavan felt when snakes crawled over His body, He replied laughingly: 'Cool
and soft."

Have you had any more thoughts on the dream or other recent dreams?