Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-08-2017, 06:40 AM
Suspended

i struggle with meditation i just cant manage to do it right i have done it perfect 2 or 3 times but its a hard skill to master
Old 19-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChiller
i struggle with meditation i just cant manage to do it right i have done it perfect 2 or 3 times but its a hard skill to master
Doing daily for specific suitable period, you can master the technique.

Every minute minute difficulty during meditation you can discuss seperately in the forum can make you remove difficulties.
Old 19-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Lorelyen

Do what you need to do. I tend to use exhalation to expunge intruding thoughts, getting rid of bad stuff when applying the art of healing, and in earlier times things I wanted to expel something to be rid of. It was easier visualising the action while exhaling.

Old 19-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Guide

Sometimes I breathe in through the nose and breathe out through my mouth during meditation because the circular motion keeps me more focused on my breathing which in turn takes my mind off any thoughts. My mouth isn't wide open and it doesn't get dry. I have a slight gap between my teeth and my lips are barely open.

I find my chin tucks itself down without me realising too. I must look so pretty when meditating
Old 19-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I find my chin tucks itself down without me realising too. I must look so pretty when meditating

It could be that your body is automatically going into a bandha or an energy lock.

Jalandhara Bandha or the Chin Lock is one of the three main Bandhas or locks practised by yogis. Jalandhara Bandha is practiced by bending the head forward and pressing the chin against the throat in the gap between the collar bones. It tones the thyroid and para thyroid glands and regulates the metabolism.

The Jalandhara Bandha effectively closes the air passage and blocks the flow of air. This is used in the practice of Kumbhaka or holding of breath by yogic practitioners. Jalandhara Bandha helps to activate the throat chakra, and has various benefits.

I am sure that you look very pretty when you meditate

Peace.
Old 19-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Guide

haha you guys are silly! Yeah It took me 2 years to learn meditation or to be able to even sit for 10mins haha without going to sleep or etc. Yeah sometimes when you just let your body do things it does things you didnt even know it could do.

Like playing a guitar after not playing it for a while if you try to remember where your fingers where placed you will find it hard to logically recall the notes or tabs.... but when I just let my fingers roam it all comes back to me... It is quite a shock to see such a thing as this and even so that it taught me a lesson... :)
Old 22-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It could be that your body is automatically going into a bandha or an energy lock.

Jalandhara Bandha or the Chin Lock is one of the three main Bandhas or locks practised by yogis. Jalandhara Bandha is practiced by bending the head forward and pressing the chin against the throat in the gap between the collar bones. It tones the thyroid and para thyroid glands and regulates the metabolism.

The Jalandhara Bandha effectively closes the air passage and blocks the flow of air. This is used in the practice of Kumbhaka or holding of breath by yogic practitioners. Jalandhara Bandha helps to activate the throat chakra, and has various benefits.

I am sure that you look very pretty when you meditate

Peace.

This is interesting you grown upon bandhas. I would love to read your posts & literatures too.

I do not perform Jalandhar Bandha, Mool Bandha or Udyan bandha yet love tio read articles of person knowing this.
Old 22-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Master
There are different kinds of meditation, however. For deeper more internal meditations inhaling and exhaling through the nose are better.
usually exhaling through the mouth is used with exercises such as chi gung or yoga, where the body is involved, it helps the physicality of it. But as I said for deeper internal meditations, such as stilling the mind- vipassna types, then always breathe through the nostrils.
Old 22-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Master
[Q I find my chin tucks itself down without me realising too. I must look so pretty when meditating [/quote]

This is correct, when the chin drops, it brings the cervical vertebrae in line with the rest of the spine, and allows the channels where the energy runs (called sushumna, ida and pingala in yoga) to flow far better
Old 22-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Guide

iamthat and peteyzen I'd never heard of any of this before, it's so interesting, thanks for that. Sometimes I've been more aware of it than other times but I didn't realise there was any significance to it.