Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
This is probably true. I have not been using crystals at all however, and am instead going to use regular stones that were a gift from a family member, just rocks. One black in color and one white. Is anyone aware of how heat sunlight affects plain stones themselves? Is it the same with crystals and like things?

My dad had gotten some silicone from someone (which is an element, metallic one) and that had very adverse effects from heat which my father told me it would.

Seems to be very sensitive to heat that silicone, I think my father believes certain metals and stones have varying reactions to heat themselves as well.

Any thoughts on any of this from anyone here? Especially concerning, just the plainer stones?

All natural and synthetic materials are attacked by sunlight: sun rays interact with chemical composition and heat makes objects to expand and shrink.
All materials will change color and crack, more or less. With continuous exposure, sooner or later complete disintegration can occur.
Some materials need more time to be affected, like the plainer stones (a hundreds or thousands of years).
Old 18-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Pathfinder

Basic physics - the atomic structure of a solid object has atoms arranged in a lattice structure - and these atoms actually vibrate about their own position but if energy is applied in the form of heat - the atoms begin to move about more around their station. Therefore the effect of physical change occurs, keep heating an object and it melts to a liquid, keep heating and it eventually will become gaseous. Look at an ice cube - water - water vapour.
Different objects are composed of different elements / molecules - therefore although the same principle will apply to all with heat - each will react differently and on a slower or faster timescale.
In some minerals you can see it happening too - the average "Citrine" cluster in shops will often show fractures and signs of disintegration... This is because it is really heat treated poor grade Amethyst baked in industrial ovens at 400*C until its colour changes...
Old 21-03-2017, 07:53 AM
Experiencer
I just realized my previous post in this topic sounds so harsh like a ranting. Was not my intention, I forgot to put some emoticons
Old 22-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you.

Old 23-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Experiencer
For me @SaturninePluto it's common knowledge that if one leaves stones in sun light or exposed to other elements unlike that from which the stone or crystal came from, (deep within the earth) the stone would become faded and brittle cracking can and will occur.

I live by the method of retuning the stones to mother earth as part of my ritual in allowing the stones/crystals to stay connected to their sources of energy. This holds true with the use of salt or a saline solution.. even dry salt baths can and will contaminate the stones and crystals. With the expatiation of any hairline cracks only making them larger and allowing more salt to fill the void. At one point in the crystals life span or while in your position, the crystal or crystal wand would break even shatter when least expected.

Their structures would then start to collapses, fade and power depleted if left untreated and over exposed. One must realize that stones/crystals will only continue to thrive If they are kept in a semi natural environment and cleansed routinely.

I think the best way to describe what happens when a stone has been left out in the elements, is like taking a rich pinkish red of a rose quartz and living it outside for an indefinite length of time.. the quartz would simply go white or even clear.. Another point would be the heat treatment of stones, which would alter it's appearance and fool the eye into thinking it has greater powers etc. But is merely a ploy to attract buyers.