Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 10-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Greybeard

A good book, well worth the read, is Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning. Frankl was a Jewish psychiatrist who was cast into Auschwiitz and survived. He writes of his experiences and observations of the human soul under such extreme conditions -- conditions in which you become a number, without personal identity, facing imminent death with every breath.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
numerouno

I have been to the link you provided, the 2nd and 7th houses while may deal with death the 8th house is the prime house of death. As the 8th also deals with inheritance via death, also accidents, its also the house of destruction. Longetivity...determing this aspect, greybeard = finding possible times when death will likely occur. Since the 8th deals with death and longevity , accidents, obstruction, legacies (ones leaves when we die), inheritance (fortune inherited from the death of our parents or others).

The 2nd house is the primary house of wealth and 7th is marriage. Just like the 4th house deals with education and the 11th higher education, the former remains strongest house in this regard.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Greybeard

ok numerouno
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Greybeard

You didn't tell me why the 7th is a house of death. I'm still in the dark.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:09 PM
numerouno

Depending on planetary placement the 7th house indicates spouse's nature and life span. Death here is dealing with spouse. The 7th house also deals with recovery of lost wealth , then the astrologer would check house 2 with regard to wealth and 8th house what type of obstruction is caused.

The 3rd house deals with longetivity of parents, thus the 8th remains the longetivity of the native in question while other houses deals with his close relationships.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:15 PM
numerouno

Saturn is the planet of death, obstacles, sorrow, separation, longetivity and is the significator of scorpio the 8th house. This sign and saturn are virtually identical in their affects on a person.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:46 PM
numerouno

You can download a free vedic software called "jagannatha Hora". Its eastern astrology software, click on the box "SP/KH" called special point and go to "sahama" and chose to look important areas like, health, fortune and death. Its a very comprehensive list. Seeing that your are far more knowledgeable you will quickly get the crux of the situation.

I'm not here to push eastern astrology as the superior system or west for that matter. I rely on both,I find the western describes me far more accurately. When I think about my life as how I have experienced the highs and lows I find the east better. One represents the right eye in the sky (sun) and the other left (moon), if you see with one , do you really see the whole picture.

I say this because I dnt want members thinking I'm challenging the western astrologers.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Greybeard

I have Jagannatha Hora....excellent program. Thanks.

The 7th House is a primary house of death in both western and Indian astrology. The reason it is a house of death is because its cusp, the Descendant, is the place where the light of the Sun, the Giver of Life, is extinguished each day.

The Seventh House is NOT the house of the death of the spouse; on the contrary it shows his/her "Life". The Second House is the house of the death of the spouse.

Saturn is NOT the lord of Scorpio; that throne is occupied by Mars [or according to many modern western astrologers, by Pluto either as sole or co-ruler.]

Planets and Houses are NOT virtually identical in their effects. Planets symbolize "dynamic energy" and houses represent "surrounding circumstances", two things which, although "associated" and similar, are not "virtually identical". A planet shows "what" will happen; a house shows "where".
Old 10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Greybeard

The assignment of things or people to houses, particularly when dealing with specific questions or situations, is variable. The assignment depends on the function of the thing or person in question.

An example might be a brother who is also your business partner. If the question regarding this person is primarily concerned with his role as brother, we find him in the 3rd House. However, if his principal function in the matter at hand concerns his role as your business partner, he would be referred to by the 7th House.

In one of your posts, numerouno, you mentioned two houses concerned with "education". May I clarify that?

The 5th House is the house of "primary education". This means the passing on of knowledge that is already the property or resource of the people at large. [The 4th House shows "heritage", and thus the 5th shows the "racial resources at hand"]. So we might say that "primary education" includes high school and the first levels of college, where common knowledge as foundational is passed on to the student. He is learning what is already known.

The 9th House symbolizes "higher education" and embraces studies that are "expansive" in nature. The student has mastered "what is known" and now seeks to expand on that knowledge by doing original work. The mind of the student is reaching out into "foreign and unknown lands", exploring and bringing back new ideas and knowledge. The 9th House tends toward abstraction and theory rather than "practical application".

Technology is found in the 3rd House -- the tools to deal with the everyday world, the immediate environment. It shows what is commonly at hand, as a tool or convenience, and is used "without thought" (in that we just assume its availability and its use is "automatic, or assumed").
Old 10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
numerouno

I'm am well aware that mars is lord of aries and scorpio. The fact that mentioned that pluto is a co-ruler of scorpio is interesting since the lord of pluto is Yamaharaj the lord of death. His brother happens to shani the lord of the planet saturn, in hindu mythology.

When is said "significator" as taken in eastern astrology it means that the nature of scorpio and saturn are virtually identical. I agree the ruler is mars. Virtually identical= the similarities are great not identical.