Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Master
Our body.

Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

Yes it is and yes it pays to do so.

I hear many speak about radical forgiveness which can be interpreted as radical self love.The mind/body as one source is a continuum of awareness and change to listen too and take care of the body. A nourished well loved vehicle will allow you to function at your best, be alert and clear to your needs, support and carry you through life with a solid foundation, grounded strong and open to your potential.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-12-2017, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

Yes it is and yes it pays to do so.

I hear many speak about radical forgiveness which can be interpreted as radical self love.The mind/body as one source is a continuum of awareness and change to listen too and take care of the body. A nourished well loved vehicle will allow you to function at your best, be alert and clear to your needs, support and carry you through life with a solid foundation, grounded strong and open to your potential.

Hello,

I have found the going through the body approach has a lot of merit, as I can know on a feel level how the mind is attuned with the senses. I see there are 50 views by the time I read the OP, and no responses - which I think is amazing because this topic of vehicle for awakening is pretty relevant.
Old 24-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Hello,

I have found the going through the body approach has a lot of merit, as I can know on a feel level how the mind is attuned with the senses. I see there are 50 views by the time I read the OP, and no responses - which I think is amazing because this topic of vehicle for awakening is pretty relevant.

Hi Gem.

lol to the fifty views and no response.

I have taken over your old space..lol (although I know of late that is not the case)

I guess my vehicle has always been very much apart of each step of my own awakening process, so I cant ignore it. It depends on how deep you go into yourself I guess. I tend to go down into the deep arena of myself and I know some people look at me funny at times because of this..lol. Sometimes I have to actually stop myself because it just comes naturally to me. When your open that far into yourself, it just opens up as a whole host of awareness moving you in your own sharing. We are heading for the gardens for Christmas, I think I will take my vehicle and park it under one of the beautiful old oak trees, put my ear phones in and listen to some good music, and maybe join the kids in their fun stuff.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Gem.

lol to the fifty views and no response.

I have taken over your old space..lol (although I know of late that is not the case)

Lately I can't speak properly at this time because angst is directed my way and it disrupts vibe, so I'd only be doing a disservice as part of the contention. For me it's a good time to refine my approach to drawing boundaries because my old method worked really well, but I think it was pretty crude and it could be better refined. I need a more patient way of dealing with contention.

Quote:
I guess my vehicle has always been very much apart of each step of my own awakening process, so I cant ignore it. It depends on how deep you go into yourself I guess. I tend to go down into the deep arena of myself and I know some people look at me funny at times because of this..lol. Sometimes I have to actually stop myself because it just comes naturally to me. When your open that far into yourself, it just opens up as a whole host of awareness moving you in your own sharing. We are heading for the gardens for Christmas, I think I will take my vehicle and park it under one of the beautiful old oak trees, put my ear phones in and listen to some good music, and maybe join the kids in their fun stuff.

I have a family Christmas with mum stepdad, siblings and all their kids, the good thing is, all four of us siblings and all of their kids live in Sydney within 15 minutes drive. I'm going rad with bright green and red hair, and a silly Santa hat and reindeer horn rimmed glasses.
Old 24-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Lately I can't speak properly at this time because angst is directed my way and it disrupts vibe, so I'd only be doing a disservice as part of the contention. For me it's a good time to refine my approach to drawing boundaries because my old method worked really well, but I think it was pretty crude and it could be better refined. I need a more patient way of dealing with contention.

Contention is a good teacher. Refinement is a continual learning process for me. I guess being around so many people in my world, I had to learn by immersing in everything that could possible upset my inner cart. It was challenging for many many years, but taught me some deeper and very valuable lessons of understanding and patience with the "motley crew"...

Quote:

I have a family Christmas with mum stepdad, siblings and all their kids, the good thing is, all four of us siblings and all of their kids live in Sydney within 15 minutes drive. I'm going rad with bright green and red hair, and a silly Santa hat and reindeer horn rimmed glasses.

That's nice you all don't have far to travel. Your get up sounds beautiful..lol. The children will be loving your sense of fun I am sure. I hope you enjoy the festivities.

Old 25-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Contention is a good teacher. Refinement is a continual learning process for me. I guess being around so many people in my world, I had to learn by immersing in everything that could possible upset my inner cart. It was challenging for many many years, but taught me some deeper and very valuable lessons of understanding and patience with the "motley crew"...

To me, I feel it in the vibe so I have a good sense of what's going on, and on my own part it's basically just a sensation I feel, and being in contact with what 'actually happens' I rarely become disrupted in myself. I just know when speaking becomes futile. The issue of contention is only a boundary issue, and I'm just finding a more subtle way of 'drawing the line'. I mean that's good for me, innit, so it just follows my principle that all the experience is opportunity to practice, as all that happens can remind me what I am, and also help to refine the ways in which I respond - which is also the refinement of practice itself.

Quote:
That's nice you all don't have far to travel. Your get up sounds beautiful..lol. The children will be loving your sense of fun I am sure. I hope you enjoy the festivities.

I was a day worth living, that's fer sure. Tomoz I go see the Cooper clan, mum's side.
Old 25-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
To me, I feel it in the vibe so I have a good sense of what's going on, and on my own part it's basically just a sensation I feel, and being in contact with what 'actually happens' I rarely become disrupted in myself. I just know when speaking becomes futile. The issue of contention is only a boundary issue, and I'm just finding a more subtle way of 'drawing the line'. I mean that's good for me, innit, so it just follows my principle that all the experience is opportunity to practice, as all that happens can remind me what I am, and also help to refine the ways in which I respond - which is also the refinement of practice itself.

I was a day worth living, that's fer sure. Tomoz I go see the Cooper clan, mum's side.

Vibe works, I can relate to that.

I understand about subtle ways of drawing the line. The practice (when you not naturally attuned)certainly can move one through the extreme ends (Too soft and complacent or overly pedantic ) to find the middle path which of course as you know, serves what needs to be done when your truth arises in this way.

Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Glad you lived through the yesterday to see the day was worth living for. I like those kind of days. :)

Enjoy the cooper clan day.

It was the perfect day in the gardens for us. Weather, food, happy faces and energetic children who just keep on keeping on. We played Bocce which was led by my very energetic four year old nephew who ensured the rules were followed most pedantically..lol. If you tossed your ball out of turn, omgoodness, you sure did hear about that!

Old 27-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Vibe works, I can relate to that.

Yes, I live on a feel, so when people talk to me I 'hear more' than what is said. I'm not particularly socially skilled so I don't naturally know how to respond, but I tend to reply to what is felt more that I do what is said, because often what people actually mean to convey is very different to the words they say. Sometimes it's a secret message and the words used are like a misdirection, but I do get the message, and from the feel I understand the nature of the intent that is there. In myself I know the intent is their kamma, in that I personally do not generate that intent, and my place is be self aware so I won't be drawn into my own reactivity, which is then my kamma. By being conscious of the feel, this is possible, because I see 'this is the sensation as it is', and I can't defend a feeling, I can make a feeling right or wrong. So I often find I'm talking on a completely different level that others are, as I dont really have dualistic notions agree/disagree, right/wrong, etc, because I'm more like 'fells like this'.

Quote:
I understand about subtle ways of drawing the line. The practice (when you not naturally attuned)certainly can move one through the extreme ends (Too soft and complacent or overly pedantic ) to find the middle path which of course as you know, serves what needs to be done when your truth arises in this way.

True... finding a middle way, because my main concern is if I push back or even if I stand rigid, people hurt, and I have no intention toward harm. On the other hand, there is need for protection boundaries, and I can't allow anyone to transgress boundaries, making my permission the integral 'key', where myself is concerned. It's everyone's basic right to consent.

Quote:
Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Glad you lived through the yesterday to see the day was worth living for. I like those kind of days. :)

Enjoy the cooper clan day.

It was the perfect day in the gardens for us. Weather, food, happy faces and energetic children who just keep on keeping on. We played Bocce which was led by my very energetic four year old nephew who ensured the rules were followed most pedantically..lol. If you tossed your ball out of turn, omgoodness, you sure did hear about that!

As it turned out, almost all of my mob turned up at the Cooper's do, and we were almost as many as they! Kids had a pool party, and I did the rounds catching up with everyone as I'd not visited the Coopers for about 5 years.
Old 27-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Knower
>> Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

It sounds like good advice but not like a quote from the Buddha.

https://fakebuddhaquotes.com/your-bo...-it-with-care/
Old 27-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flux
>> Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

It sounds like good advice but not like a quote from the Buddha.

https://fakebuddhaquotes.com/your-bo...-it-with-care/

That's ok. If the facts and truth of the "who said what, what is the truth of what Buddha might relate to in that quote"are important to you, then you will can present that truth. Do you have any thing to add to the conversation that you see yourself in regards to your own body as the vehicle that can be treated with great care as part of awakening?

The link you posted has some interesting points made. They fit the bigger picture of how I see this through my own experience.

verse from Tsongkhapa:

“The human body, at peace with itself, is more precious than the rarest gem. Cherish your body, it is yours this one time only. The human form is won with difficulty, it is easy to lose.”

There is one thing that when cultivated and regularly practiced, leads to deep spiritual intention, to peace, to mindfulness and clear comprehension, to vision and knowledge, to a happy life here and now and to the culmination of wisdom and awakening. And what is that one thing? It is mindfulness centered on the body. (Anguttara Nikaya I 43)

in Dhammapada 293, he says:

But those who always practice well
bodily mindfulness,
do never what should not be done
and ever do what should be done;
mindful, clearly comprehending,
their pollutions out of existence go.