Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-11-2017, 01:22 AM
Administrator
how to set the mind free...

As my friend and I walked alongside the river, on the banks and in the river bed is strewn with broken bikes, shopping trolleys and car parts, there is even glass bottles, shopping bags, waste from a nearby factory, sofas and bed mattresses are home to the limited life that is struggling to survive there... yet amongst all this pollution one flower prevails, all its radiant beauty and vibrant energetic colour out of context with its surroundings.

As we walked on my friend remarked on the sorry state of the river, to which I replied 'there is also beauty and wonder' and pointed to the one flower, remarking 'This one inspires me to seek beauty and wonder in everything even if all else fails too'
Old 30-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Administrator
My dog is god....I am the student.

Pretty much a bold statement I know but a recent event has taught me a valuable lifelong lesson which I would like to share

My dog 'pippa' has lost the use of her back legs, she has a good chance of recovery but there is of course the time needed to heal and its heart breaking to cage her for long durations. Especially as she is not used to it

While she is disabled. In this mind the thoughts of worst scenarios take place, the cost of vets bills, will have to put her down, she must be in a lot of pain, worried how she will cope, worst still how will I cope and so on... All this may sound familiar to a few people here as the mind/ego.

I soon cottoned on to this realising that only I am creating my own illusions of doom and gloom. No one else can even contemplate what it is I'm thinking, unless I tell them, that would bring sympathy at the least but not true understanding of the situation.

Because I stopped alluding myself I could finally observe the one thing that I was supposed to learn from this situation, It is such a small but simple observation that is most profound in its meaning and would normally go unnoticed.

Pippa was teaching that even with a disability and all the heartache that goes with it (heartache on my part more likely} she would still continue her life as if nothing had changed, in-fact it didn't seem to bother her dragging her legs behind as if it wasn't part of her body, occasionally looking to see what was stopping her then continue to crash into things without a care in the world.

She teaches the art of detachment, not concerned with a troublesome body that seems to act in its own way, without a care for the things that might be, or might not be however you look at it, she opens up the potential to look at everything including other people, other animals and events or situations as a good opportunity to learn...

...about yourself
Old 30-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Gracey

Wow, that is a lot of pollution. Hopefully someone will clean it up.

I get your point though. To find beauty amongnst places hard to find. Glad you two had that perception.
Old 30-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Administrator
hearing your own fear...

You hear your fear, its drawing near
You turn to run and hide
many times has this been done
throughout your entire life.
Now the mind is tired and weary
with being on the run
the ego is deflated finding running not much fun
you stop and turn to see your fear
its running very fast.
You realise its not stopping
as its heading for a crash
You stand there boldly waiting
for it to end your life
You feel as though your dieing
as it cuts through like a knife
You see it passing through you
and your fear it does go
You sit there in stunned wonder
What did you just go through
Old 30-11-2017, 01:31 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Wow, that is a lot of pollution. Hopefully someone will clean it up.

I get your point though. To find beauty amongnst places hard to find. Glad you two had that perception.

Thank you. I dont know if it was, left the country before I could observe those changes needed, never went back
Old 30-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Administrator
Another poem... sorry but an important one about denial

For many years I looked for grace
Although it was in this very same place
I didn't think to look within
I couldn't see for all my sins
Blinded by this doubtful mind
I sought refuge in the big outside
I have my spade so deeper I went
into this world of illusion...

Now you may wonder where did I go,
what did I do, and what do I know
All I can tell you is I'm still here...
making up my own karma.
One day I did sigh, I sit down and cry
please Lord tell me no lies.
I want to know the meaning of life
but which way do I turn?
I was told to look deep inside
which the mind denied it has really tried.
But now I know there's more to life
than digging my own grave...
Old 30-11-2017, 01:43 AM
Administrator
Shadow play of the mind

"As I step into the darkness, I realised.... I’m not alone. Something lurks all around me, As I walk I stumble, fall and remain there. As I lay there with all this invading presence about me... I did fear greatly.
"A softly spoken voice said to me, 'let there be light' and in an instant I am illuminated by a candle that shines before me, as I heard the invading presence speak a voiceless sound... I still did fear greatly"...
"As the candle light danced the shadows moved, I lay still so the shadows could not see me lest they cause me to be troubled by there presence... Again I did fear greatly"...
"After some time the candle went out and the shadows disappeared only to be replaced with silence and stillness in an endless void of darkness, yet the light within was still aglow, and a voice said from the deep, 'Why did you fear so?' and thus was the first great question... and my fear was thus replaced with curiosity"

This is the meaning behind my words above…
"I am the voice of understanding even though no sound is heard.
I speak volumes of tranquility, peace and silence of your own inner space.
Where time and distance fade into a sweet sense of wonder.
All that is felt, a purity of unconditional love "
Old 30-11-2017, 01:48 AM
Administrator
Duality of a conditioned mind

i had a funny dream the other day I don't make anything of it and wont take it seriously just the fact I laughed when I awoke so I thought I would share it,

I opened this door that just appeared in front of me, solid wood (oak door I assume) with metal studding and brace and as I entered the room there was a series of tables and chairs laid out across the room, the only 'people' that were there was two guys sat down having a calm discussion that was out of ear shot holding a glass of beer each. I walked over to the two and as I got closer there was a distinct feeling that I have seen these two before!
One to the left of me had horns on the side of 'his' head and a cheeky grin the other to the right had long white hair and a brilliant white beard, both looked up at me and then continued with there discussion of which I could not fathom. My thoughts (while dreaming) is that this is the devil and God having a quiet pint on the side while discussing the fate of mankind!!! this alone brought up curiosity and a distinct feeling I wanted to laugh

I also thought This was an opportunity to ask the elusive question of why... I was here.... in the room with 'them' and here in this existence, so I put the question to 'God'.... without looking at me 'he' raised his glass of beer and hit the table with it so hard that the room filled up with a very low pitched noise, I can still see the froth from the beer all over the table. And do you know what he said? "everybody asks the same dammed question, never anything different"

Remember humour is the best medicine and the illusion of separation or duality should be taken lightly
Old 30-11-2017, 01:49 AM
Master
Gosh your on your own roll here heart.

Life is a great teacher..when and where you notice.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-11-2017, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Gosh your on your own roll here heart.

Life is a great teacher..when and where you notice.

LOL hello my friend. all those years writing and not sharing is catching up with me