Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy Extreme Anxiety About Death

Lately I've been getting random thoughts about dying that lead to severe anxiety, like borderline panic attack. I'm not sure when these "spells" started happening, probably right after I gave birth to my daughter almost a year ago. It's not hard to overcome, usually I take a few deep breaths and can calm myself down after a few minutes or so, but I get pretty shaken whenever these sudden feelings come on. Anyone had this happen before? I'm also prone to a wild imagination and wonder if these sudden attacks are due to certain energies/spirits I can't see. Why else would these thoughts appear for no apparent reason? I've never been suicidal and don't have a history of anxiety (unless it was drug-induced from weed/psychedelics). Comments are appreciated.
Old 14-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Guide

Learn to Observe without attachment ~

AWARENESS is the Key to dissolving anxiety ~

Forgiveness is the key to shifting from thinking to Awareness ~
Old 14-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalStudent
Lately I've been getting random thoughts about dying that lead to severe anxiety, like borderline panic attack. I'm not sure when these "spells" started happening, probably right after I gave birth to my daughter almost a year ago.

Hi there :)

You've got quite a big responsibility now that you're a new mother. If something were to happen to you, it stands to reason that you'd want to know that your baby was being well cared for.

Motherhood creates all sorts of new feelings and sensations and they can feel overwhelming when they're new. Once we have children, our lives are never quite the same.

How have you you adjusted to this new reality?
Old 14-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalStudent
Lately I've been getting random thoughts about dying that lead to severe anxiety, like borderline panic attack. I'm not sure when these "spells" started happening, probably right after I gave birth to my daughter almost a year ago. It's not hard to overcome, usually I take a few deep breaths and can calm myself down after a few minutes or so, but I get pretty shaken whenever these sudden feelings come on. Anyone had this happen before? I'm also prone to a wild imagination and wonder if these sudden attacks are due to certain energies/spirits I can't see. Why else would these thoughts appear for no apparent reason? I've never been suicidal and don't have a history of anxiety (unless it was drug-induced from weed/psychedelics). Comments are appreciated.
It may just be the responsibility and love you feel now, being a mom.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
As a new mother, the well being and welfare of your baby will be the strongest driving force in you, and that is very powerul. I am not surprised you are anxious about passing permanently out of the body at a time like this! That, to me, sounds perfectly natural!
That is the very last thing you would want to happen right now, as you have a child to raise on Earth.

I have found any kind of anxiety attacks can almost feel as if they are 'imposed' as they happen so suddenly, and are hard if not impossible to push away. But it is unlikely these attacks are caused by another Being.
I have also found that they pass naturally....sometimes in minutes, but most often in an hour or two. What can help is just being AWARE that they will pass....that it's something you know, has happened before and you came through fine. Usually any form of distractions won't work. It's usually a question of holding onto your knees, not getting too scared, and breathing slowly and regularly, and telling yourself all will be well when it passes over. If as it is passing, you cry a little then that is okay and it's just tension releasing itself.
I have had a few anxiety attacks, usually the result of loss and trauma, but never chose to go down the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug route to assist me with them; just used my own instinctive strategies (which worked for me).

Obviously some kind of counselling or "talk therapy" might possibly help, and there may be other natural strategies to help you in the midst of an anxiety attack.
Old 21-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
Hi there :)

You've got quite a big responsibility now that you're a new mother. If something were to happen to you, it stands to reason that you'd want to know that your baby was being well cared for.

Motherhood creates all sorts of new feelings and sensations and they can feel overwhelming when they're new. Once we have children, our lives are never quite the same.

How have you you adjusted to this new reality?

Thank you for your response. I'm not sure that I'm adjusting well at ALL. I recently went back to finish my bacherlors degree, and that compiled with working 8 hours right after leaving class often leaves me filling flustered or pressed for time. I think that might have something to do with it, filling like there aren't enough hours in the day. The weeks just fly by... my daughter's already almost a year old!
Old 21-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
It may just be the responsibility and love you feel now, being a mom.

It's starting to make sense to me now... Thank you so much.
Old 21-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
As a new mother, the well being and welfare of your baby will be the strongest driving force in you, and that is very powerul. I am not surprised you are anxious about passing permanently out of the body at a time like this! That, to me, sounds perfectly natural!
That is the very last thing you would want to happen right now, as you have a child to raise on Earth.

I have found any kind of anxiety attacks can almost feel as if they are 'imposed' as they happen so suddenly, and are hard if not impossible to push away. But it is unlikely these attacks are caused by another Being.
I have also found that they pass naturally....sometimes in minutes, but most often in an hour or two. What can help is just being AWARE that they will pass....that it's something you know, has happened before and you came through fine. Usually any form of distractions won't work. It's usually a question of holding onto your knees, not getting too scared, and breathing slowly and regularly, and telling yourself all will be well when it passes over. If as it is passing, you cry a little then that is okay and it's just tension releasing itself.
I have had a few anxiety attacks, usually the result of loss and trauma, but never chose to go down the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug route to assist me with them; just used my own instinctive strategies (which worked for me).

Obviously some kind of counselling or "talk therapy" might possibly help, and there may be other natural strategies to help you in the midst of an anxiety attack.

It's soooo good to know that I'm not the only one who experiences this. Thank you so much for your response! Your strategies sound effective and you're right, just being aware that this is a passing feeling, and taking control of my thoughts is something I'm working on. Much appreciation.
Old 21-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Learn to Observe without attachment ~

AWARENESS is the Key to dissolving anxiety ~

Forgiveness is the key to shifting from thinking to Awareness ~

Thank you SO much. A simple answer that's packed with so much wisdom.
Old 25-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Knower

Hi! Along with all the excellent advice by the others here, and since you mentioned it began around the time of your child's birth, I was wondering if you might possibly have postpartum- or postnatal-depression. The symptoms vary a lot, and it doesn't have to specifically be depression. I'm not a doctor. But a google search showed that it may last several months or even a year. I've heard there's help for this -- am not sure where to start -- perhaps an obstetrician or regular doctor? Of course this is only a suggestion, if it feels right to you.

Also, you may have had other incarnations with your child where you came together in this lifetime to work something out. There might have been a trauma that you're experiencing from this other lifetime, and you're feeling the emotions from it. (Just another suggestion here -- since I don't really know.) If you like to meditate, perhaps you could think about all that severe anxiety (just touch lightly on it in your mind -- NOT enough to get lost in the feelings). Then ask in your mind something like, "What's the original situation that caused these feelings?" Then try to keep your mind blank to receive an answer.

You might want to do the meditation when you know you'll have a chunk of time to complete this. Sometimes what shows up can be a little shocking, and you need time to cry and shake and get it all out. If you haven't done this before and it feels like something major might show itself, perhaps you can go to a past life hypnotist (or regressionist, is that the word?). That way you'll have someone who's trained to help you through it.

Past trauma doesn't have to be bad or law-breaking. It could be something like you had the same spirit/child in another life and some sort of death happened, and you're scared that in this lifetime it'll happen again.

I hope I'm not being negative here. Just putting out suggestions. Am not sure if any of these will sound like something you want to pursue.

I hope you have tons of relief soon!