Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Master
how often to cleanse black tourmaline?

I recently picked up a chunk of black tourmaline after reading about its ability to absorb negative energies and that it can help with sleep. I'm a lifelong insomniac. I also read you should cleanse it "often" because of the energy absorption but I'm curious as to how you would interpret that. how often is often enough to continue to benefit from its presence next to my bed? daily? weekly? bi-weekly? I haven't cleansed it yet and it's been about a week and I'm sleeping alright but I also woke up still angry about something I went to sleep angry about last night so maybe that's a sign that it's not absorbing my negative energy as well as it could be? or maybe my rage is just too strong for it, haha.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Administrator
Hello

When it comes to something that you take to your sleep and wake up with it still there it could be more something you need to clear physically than let the crytal take on the energy.

When it comes to cleansing crystals I have come to personally find that if we keep our life path clear then they seem to self clear. If they start to feel heavy then we have to look at what we are holding onto in our life path that needs to be gone.

Many times the crytals are picking up outside enrgies that they do not need to have flowing at them, this is where we are not putting up protection walls or barriers.

You call it anger then you call it 'rage' that is a step up in wording that says there is a deeper issues at play.

Lynn
Old 12-06-2018, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
When it comes to something that you take to your sleep and wake up with it still there it could be more something you need to clear physically than let the crytal take on the energy.

When it comes to cleansing crystals I have come to personally find that if we keep our life path clear then they seem to self clear. If they start to feel heavy then we have to look at what we are holding onto in our life path that needs to be gone.

Many times the crytals are picking up outside enrgies that they do not need to have flowing at them, this is where we are not putting up protection walls or barriers.

You call it anger then you call it 'rage' that is a step up in wording that says there is a deeper issues at play.

there are many deep issues with me emotionally, that goes without saying if you know that I have borderline personality disorder and major depressive disorder lol. it makes it pretty hard, energetically speaking, to "keep my life path clear." I've been on the road of recovery for years but these are unfortunately things that I'm going to have my whole life. I've learned to deal with them more positively but I'll never be cured.

so, all that said, I'm still curious what people think is a reasonable amount of time to go between cleansing crystals, especially the black tourmaline.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
I recently picked up a chunk of black tourmaline after reading about its ability to absorb negative energies and that it can help with sleep. I'm a lifelong insomniac. I also read you should cleanse it "often" because of the energy absorption but I'm curious as to how you would interpret that. how often is often enough to continue to benefit from its presence next to my bed? daily? weekly? bi-weekly? I haven't cleansed it yet and it's been about a week and I'm sleeping alright but I also woke up still angry about something I went to sleep angry about last night so maybe that's a sign that it's not absorbing my negative energy as well as it could be? or maybe my rage is just too strong for it, haha.

Hi rainbow.

You've had it a week? Personally and if you are alright with it, I'd leave it a bit longer and give it more time to do what it is doing. I'd suggest 4 weeks and then give it its first cleanse/ purification.

Also factor in how you do plan to cleanse it- most that I have come across whom like as I do working with crystals and stones- tend to use water.

There are some stones this will melt, destroy when cleansed this way such as example- fluorite.

Tourmaline will not be destroyed upon instant placement into water- Still this does not mean one should use water does it?

If you decide to cleanse with water spread the cleansing out for longer periods of time. Constant bathing in water- contrary to popular belief, is not exactly good for the stone whether dis-solvable or not.

Another thing to possibly consider for you, would be relax. Cleanse it when you get the call to cleanse it- dry dust it if you have it out and displayed with a cloth, and take daily cleaning care of it in the form of giving it a dust. As for spiritual cleansing, it will let you know when it is time to be cleansed.

As far as cleansing without water- there are definitely ways of doing this consider cleansing a stone isn't a physical cleaning concern, but a spiritual concern. There are ways therefore of cleansing the energy without the use of water, which is more geared for physicality- water too has its spiritual purpose and symbolism but is not something I feel would be best used spiritually in conjunction with natural crystal- which is physically does not necessarily have a natural affinity to water even though people will tell you to use water.

If you are interested in hearing more about ways to cleanse without water let me know here or in pm, and I will be happy to help you.

But it is your choice, and if you would prefer use water. Well it is your choice.

Now that the spiritual cleansing part of your post is addressed, I will say. I agree very much with what Lynn has said.

Her point is very valid and was exactly what I was going to say to you while I was reading your post, and then I read Lynn's and noticed not to my surprise actually that she has already said it.

I agree. The stone is not going to absorb the very negativity you need to be working on. We each are here experiencing life and living to do just that- to work to better ourselves, and learn the lessons we need to. They will not all be easy lessons. So no I do not feel the stone is going to absorb every bad feeling and thought you have that you put out around you. The stone knows these are emotions of your own, that you own and are responsible for, and the stone is going to let you learn to deal with it. It is not going to insta cure your own issues, and it isn't going to do all the work to get rid of your own negative feelings. You are going to have to have a role in overcoming your own shadow side. You are to be the one who will have to face it. This is what mature, responsible, and enlightened people come both to do and realize. The tough times make us stronger.

The stone will however be there to help you transform your own negative energy into Protection, and something productive. It may help you work through it when you sit and meditate with and on the stone. But it will not insta leech and clear every negative feeling you feel, nor every negative thought you have.

It is your guide and teacher as any other thing can be in this your life experience.

It will help to guide you.

What it will not do, is do all the work for you.

Yes black stones can help to absorb energy that is negative in the environment- but if this anger is something you need to work through???

The black tourmaline by spiritual law will let you learn your lessons.

And may even magnify them, the longer you refuse to look at them.

I agree with what Lynn said, there are no shortcuts.

All that though stated, Please do enjoy your tourmaline!

What a true blessing, to be able to either afford, be given or to have found this stone.

You're lucky.

Not everyone gets to enjoy such pleasures and beauty in their environment.

And there is another thing that may help you through your current difficulties- perhaps a perspective change- perhaps consider to keep in mind your blessings as well. Perhaps they will help to shed light to the anger, and hopefully to change it for the better.

Warm regards.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:54 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am not going to say "sorry" for your struggles in life as I am sure that is what you hear all the time, nor can I say what the struggle must be like as I can not walk in your shoes. What I do honor is that your walking a path and trying to keep in balance. I respect that a great deal.

I walk in two worlds one the land of the living and one the land of the dead, so I too have struggle with what at times is mine and what is beyond me. Its not easy to find that balance, I too use crystals to help me at times.

I like to use the cycle of the Moon for my crystals to cleans them I leve them in the light of the full moon and if I feel that they are really in need I will do a full cycle of the moon.

I too read the Lords Prayer over them to cleanse mine. For me the hardest thing with crystals is the short life span they seem to have around all the non living energies I take on.

I bless that you continue on a healing path. We all have our callings and struggles and what are said to be tests in life. We can onlu do our best.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
there are many deep issues with me emotionally, that goes without saying if you know that I have borderline personality disorder and major depressive disorder lol. it makes it pretty hard, energetically speaking, to "keep my life path clear." I've been on the road of recovery for years but these are unfortunately things that I'm going to have my whole life. I've learned to deal with them more positively but I'll never be cured.

so, all that said, I'm still curious what people think is a reasonable amount of time to go between cleansing crystals, especially the black tourmaline.
Old 13-06-2018, 02:48 AM
Master
SaturninePluto - thank you for the timeline recommendation!

I use my singing bowl to cleanse my crystals, and occasionally incense as well. I do like the tip to give it a dusting, however, I've been taking a few minutes before bed every night to just sit with it in my hand and I actually think that's allowing it to be more effective in terms of helping me sleep better. so I don't think it will accumulate much dust if I continue to do that!

I didn't get the tourmaline to cure all my emotional problems, I'm not daft enough to think it's that powerful, haha. crystals are one of many tools in my arsenal. and I got this one specifically to help me with my sleep after I read that it can be helpful in that capacity because of its energy absorbing tendency. I guess I just figured, if it helps to clear out negative energy, then the occasional time I'm feeling particularly bad about something that it would maybe help a little to bring me back to a calmer state? maybe it's not the right stone for that though.

I've actually been meaning to get back into the habit of keeping a gratitude journal again. I'm really bad for getting into doing something for short periods of time then letting it fall by the wayside. it's something I do find helpful though. thanks for that reminder!

Lynn - thank you for your kind words. I relate so much to what you say here about struggling with what is yours and what is beyond you. I feel that way about my mental illness, I'm constantly struggling with understanding where I end and where they begin or if there even would be a me as I understand her to be without them. it's mind boggling.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Seeker

Some really excellent answers here. I find black tourmaline with mica to be even more powerful than black tourmaline alone, noticeably so. And if you haven't acquired a specimen, try and get a hold of some Lepidolite. It has naturally occurring lithium as part of it's makeup, and it really goes to work for you when you're feeling imbalanced.
At such times, I like to put a black tourmaline with mica in one hand, and lepidolite in the other. I swear it's almost like medication. Sleeping with both is even better.
I've suffered from mental illness for 45 years and crystals have been invaluable to me in my search for peace. One way I cleanse my crystals is to lay them on a layer of salt in a container, with a handkerchief on it, so the crystals don't come in direct contact with the salt. The energy of the salt is what's important, and it isn't blocked by a thin piece of material, especially cotton or silk. I tend to cleanse mine every couple of weeks.
Old 21-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertguy
Some really excellent answers here. I find black tourmaline with mica to be even more powerful than black tourmaline alone, noticeably so. And if you haven't acquired a specimen, try and get a hold of some Lepidolite. It has naturally occurring lithium as part of it's makeup, and it really goes to work for you when you're feeling imbalanced.
At such times, I like to put a black tourmaline with mica in one hand, and lepidolite in the other. I swear it's almost like medication. Sleeping with both is even better.
I've suffered from mental illness for 45 years and crystals have been invaluable to me in my search for peace. One way I cleanse my crystals is to lay them on a layer of salt in a container, with a handkerchief on it, so the crystals don't come in direct contact with the salt. The energy of the salt is what's important, and it isn't blocked by a thin piece of material, especially cotton or silk. I tend to cleanse mine every couple of weeks.

I have a lepidolite, actually! maybe I'll try putting that on my nightstand too. will consider the mica as well.

I have a himalayan salt lamp in my room, pretty near my bedside table, do you think having that reasonably close by is likely to be helpful or does it need to be super close contact to have an impact?
Old 21-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Seeker

From what I understand, just turning the salt lamp on activates negative ions and helps bring healing. If you haven't tried Bach Flower Remedies, I'd take a look at those also, especially Rescue Remedy, Sweet Chestnut, and Cherry Plum. They have helped me a lot over the years, one of the few over- the -counter remedies that really work.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:20 AM
Master
When to cleanse depends on the crystal itself. You can easily test it by putting crystals in water (only when they can be put in water of course, so NOT selenite, chrysocolla, calcites, celestine etc.)
If bubbles appear on them right away, they need cleansing and you leave them in water. If nothing appears on it/them within an hour, it's not really in need of cleansing.
By doing this you get to know your crystals and what they need.

With black tourmaline, I'd say they can take a lot. I've got them in front of speakers and wall sockets. I can tell they need cleansing when they don't shine so much anymore.
But putting them in water will tell you if it's needed or not.

Now black tourmaline can be cleansed real fast and effectively with vinegar. Stick it in vinegar for 12 hrs and it's perfectly cleansed and ready to go again.
Black tourmaline is the ONLY crystal that you can do this with.

For the rest use water for the crystals that can be put in water, 12-24 hrs. Refresh the water regularly. Water is great for cleansing emotional energies.

If you feel your crystals are exposed to a lot of negative energies, I'd try cleansing once a week. Stick them in water to see if this is necessary. If not, then try again a week later. This way you can really find out what your crystals need in your situations. And again, it may vary per crystal. SOme might be okay for a month, another might need it weekly.