Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state
Hi Lilly,
I can almost feel your pain & fear.

In the NDEs I've read, it seems that it's based on one's beliefs - yet there always seems to be someone guiding, helping or explaining. I do think that some "attachments" hold people back. So, it's important to keep healing & correcting our thinking, which improves feelings. But I don't think anything outside our own attachments will hold us back or pull us down. I think, after this life, everyone experiences a degree of peace - without many of the concerns we have now.

Your pain & fears worry you about after life, but I think just your realization of them, shows that you will make the most of this! The lack or pain we've experienced - has the potential to turn to abundance & joy! (IE:) The most friendly people I know - have moved around, or don't have generations of family & friends around - so they learn to be open & friendly.

Feeling unprotected all of your life, it makes sense that you fear what's around the corner after death. Not only is that a natural fear most experience, but also, maybe nobody was there to protect & comfort you when you needed it. Yet, you're learning to protect & comfort yourself - studying, experiencing & learning. Eventually, I believe you'll heal & not only feel protected & comforted, but you'll have a depth of compassion to share!
Old 15-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Experiencer
My suggestion would be to do whatever works for you to become happy/content/joyful IN your life which will then help when transitioning back into your spiritual being. Meditation, books, forums, groups of people who come together to support and help each other to find peace within themselves and others.

The more comfortable you are with yourself, the more connected you fell with the creative source, the less apprehension you will feel about returning to the true aspect of your consciousness.

Love and Light
Old 15-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Afro7hundr

As long as it's something, I don't care what I face beyond the final unknown.
Old 15-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Master

I used to be very afraid of death because I knew that after death I would face God's judgment and I also knew that I hadn't always obeyed God's commands. For a long time I tried to make up for my failures by living a good life but I was always afraid that I hadn't done enough. My fears ended when I discovered that Jesus Christ had died to pay for my sins and I could be forgiven if I put my faith in him. Here is a good place to learn more about this:

http://www.backtothebible.org/Indexes/index.php?option=com_mosforms&Itemid=180

I am 70 years old so I am constantly aware of the fact that my life could end at any time. When I read the obituaries in the newspaper it isn't unusual to find that most of those who have died are younger than I am. But I don't have any fear of this because I know that I have been forgiven and I am ready to face God.
Old 15-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Master
Theophilus, we are the same age roughly and I have no fear of what waits because I have been there quite a lot. I have memories of lives going back about 2000 years to Roman Britain and I know that old comrades are waiting for me so that we can march off together to wherever. This is the pagan promise of the Eternal Return.
Old 15-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Master
Hmm are you scared of tomorrow?

I'm not scared of what happens as my sceptical nature refuses to believe any religious propaganda..
We'll see what the 'afterlife' brings. The only thing I'm scared about is the actual process of dying, not what happens after..
Old 15-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Enya

My mother was afraid of what was to come... not long before she died, she told me of an experience she had, where myself and my father were with her and a loving presence came forward and took her hands, showing her what it felt like to 'let go'. She said it was the most beautiful and loving experience she'd ever had and she was no longer frightened of death. She died with a smile on her face... I hope this helps you release that fear. xx
Old 15-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Scibat

I'll readily admit I am terrified, not of the afterlife but that there isn't one. My fear is when I die there is non-existence. Yes, I won't be aware of not existing if that is the case -- But that doesn't assuage my fears any. More to the point I have lost almost all of my family, and if non-existence is at the end of life, then all of them are truly gone forever -- And that really scares and upsets me.
Old 16-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Felynx

Scibat, that used to scare me. I hated the idea that when I die there will be NOTHING left; that my energy would dissipate into existence and my consciousness would cease to exist. Thank God that isnt true.

Last edited by innerlight : 10-05-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 16-04-2011, 01:26 AM
nick61

No, Im not scared, because I'll be dead. Any fears and apprehensions are just that, dead. The 'afterlife', for want of a better word, is a completely new existence, one with different priorities and a different consciousness. For one to say it's a happy place, or a sad place is pure folly. A new consciousness will require a new experience for us that we cannot understand. Yet.