Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-02-2019, 04:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Nice description of love, US.

Running, thanks for sharing those techniques. I've heard pranayama can be very powerful, but also that it can be dangerous. But maybe that's only if it's not right for the person. I feel that it's basically a hit or miss kind of thing. In other words, a technique is either right for a person, or it isn't. I tend to think in kind of black or white terms in a sense. A choice is either love or fear, wise or unwise, God's will or not God's will.

SOL, I think that's very understandable. I'm sure you've heard that song, 'You give love a bad name' by Bon Jovi. The sad truth is that so many people on earth seem to 'give love a bad name' that it could make a person cringe at the very idea of love.

AOB, I fully agree and thanks for mentioning that. Love is what we are.

when it becomes to much for me i back off a bit. for me i do pranayama when i run a couple times a week. bliss if you were referring to it and choices once past the coming and going the mind cant block it. it isn't a product of the mind.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 11-02-2019, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Love is an illusion. A waste of time.

So you have said more than once before, if I remember correctly.
Yet without it you would not exist. And not just in the physical form in any form.
The energy called love is the vehicle for creation.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
According to Socrates, Plato, and J. Krishnamurti, what's necessary is the apprehension of virtue, or to put it another way, knowing what love is.

They believed that if we really knew what love and virtue are, we would naturally and automatically CHOOSE them. Socrates said, 'To know the good is to do the good,' and Krishnamurti said, 'The seeing is the doing.'

Kant on the other hand thought that we ALREADY know what's right, but that most people just don't follow through and consistently choose the good.

Jesus seemed to believe the former of these, as he said on the cross, 'Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.'

And of course, much of Jesus's teaching was centered on clarifying what love is, and what the will of God is. The sermon on the mount in Matthew chapter 5 is where his main teachings about love and virtue are.

I believe that 'everyone always does their best' and that we always make the choices that we think or believe are the right choices. So I agree that what we (btw I'm including myself in this - I definitely stand great room for improvement in my apprehension of love) need is to really know what love is - to 'find out what love is', as Krishnamurti often put it.

An example of this is when I attended a cookout party at a lake for the black belts at my Tae Kwon Do school. The main Tae Kwon Do instructor threatened to give his 3 year old son a 'whoopin' because the kid was being rambunctious. The guy was 6 foot 4, probably 250 pounds of mostly muscle (of course even if he was much physically weaker it wouldn't really matter as any adult would be far stronger than a 3 year old), and I can only imagine the hell the poor kid went through getting 'whoopins' from his dad.

My point is that the man thought, he BELIEVED, he was doing the right thing by spanking his child. Imo he was definitely mistaken. But if the man really 'knew what love is', if he KNEW the right thing to do, he would have done it.

Krishnamurti asked, 'Can you put your whole being into finding out what love is?'

Can we see and admit to ourselves that we DON'T KNOW, and then take Krishnamurti's advice and devote ourselves to 'remembering', to really 'seeing the light' and finding out what love is?

HOW can we do this? I don't know, but I believe we have to really have the desire to, and make an effort. It may mean facing our fear. It may mean admitting we've been wrong. It may take courage, but it's surely worth it.

It's your life. Love yourself enough to be utterly honest with yourself. Be the best you can be. You're worth it and it matters.
Listening to that story, and for myself personally, the kindest and most loving thing I could do for the world would be NOT to have children and to make that conscious choice.

Although I also disagree with physical punishment, how else does one discipline a child in any way that would NOT be potentially traumatic to that child later on in life if he/she chose to make it an issue? Of course you give the child unconditional love, but how do you teach a child the difference between right and wrong, without it growing up to be an entitled, spoiled brat like every other child? Or doesn't a parent worry about that anymore and just give the children "adult rights" without any responsibility and let them do whatever they please? I honestly don't know about these things.

For me, not knowing about raising children or what else they require BESIDES love, I would choose not to have them and if I ever return to this planet, I have reminded my Higher Self to remind me to get sterilized as soon as I become legally able to do so. Some people are just not MEANT to be parents and I am one of them...I just don't have it in me...and like I said, it would be the most loving act that I ever COULD do...for myself, for the unborn soul and for this planet.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Krishnamurti asked, 'Can you put your whole being into finding out what love is?'

That sounds more like a koan. Probably his intent.

But why would anyone want to find out what love is? You can always just make it up.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
So you have said more than once before, if I remember correctly.
Yet without it you would not exist. And not just in the physical form in any form.
The energy called love is the vehicle for creation.

I understand that this is your perception and there's nothing wrong with that if it motivates you positively. Perhaps it could be the truth in your case, but for me I simply exist because two people decided to have children and did you-know-what. Nothing more. I never asked to be born and I have no idea what this world wants from me, but I certainly don't feel like I belong here.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Master
As a matter of fact. If a person wants to find out what love is, they can put their whole being into using a dictionary.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:14 AM
Experiencer

Running, thanks for the clarification. I agree, bliss, and also love, don't come from the mind, but from Source, our divine nature.

Rah nam, I feel that what you said is very important and is the bottom line to an extent. Love is Source and universal energy. It's the nature and essence of everything.

SD, I don't have kids either, but all of my siblings do, and I know it's a very difficult, full-time job. And I agree with you that any form of hitting a child or aggressive physical contact is inappropriate. Of course, there are 'experts' who disagree with you and me about that, but there are also experts who agree. It's ironic that you can't really trust the experts because they disagree with each other. Krishnamurti says not to go with external authority but to find truth for oneself. I feel that utter self-honesty is of utmost importance.

SOL, I like you a lot my dear friend. You're okay.

Peace and joy to you OB. All is well.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:14 AM
Experiencer

double post
Old 13-02-2019, 06:24 AM
Master
Stay happy.
Old 16-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Love an endless intuitive outpouring of joyous, non-judgmental, non-discriminating, unconditional giving, without calculation, computation or hesitation, with no expectation of reciprocation or even recognition.

Unseeking Seeker,

Thank you........this, IMO, is the best description offered of the qualities of love. In order for these qualiies to manifest it is helpful to understand what makes these possible. I believe that these qualities are made possible by what I would characterize as the suspension of the ego. Every item that you mentioned is a result of the absence of ego. I say 'suspension' because I have never viewed 'eradication' of ego as either realistic or, perhaps, even possible. I would mention another element of love. A third party becomes present in the appearance of love and that, IMO, is the divine. I believe that the divine is the only source of love. There are not 7 billion sources of love...ie....all the population of the world.......but love can flow through all people. We are conduits for love rather than individual sources of love. By the way(and perhaps needless to say) suspension of the ego is also the gateway to experience of the divine.