Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 23-05-2016, 04:27 AM
Master
Thanks, I know - it's one of the few things in my life I have to feel proud of.

Why some secret government spy organisation isn't snapping at my heels right now with offers of a million dollar salary, I'll never know.
Old 23-05-2016, 04:42 AM
life.love.regret.

That would be cool, wouldn't it? Maybe you know TOO much
Old 23-05-2016, 04:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.
That would be cool, wouldn't it? Maybe you know TOO much
Yeah, better keep my eye out for these guys:
Old 23-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Experiencer
Mmm.. the first one and the last one to me sound undeniably like a woman and a boy.

But I don't really have much experience in EVP. In the first one it sounds to me like she's saying in a monotonous voice "in the sky". The boy's one sounds like what you said.

Why don't you make questions to see if you get answers instead of just recording it?
Old 23-05-2016, 05:40 AM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditmakesmewonder
Mmm.. the first one and the last one to me sound undeniably like a woman and a boy.

But I don't really have much experience in EVP. In the first one it sounds to me like she's saying in a monotonous voice "in the sky". The boy's one sounds like what you said.

Why don't you make questions to see if you get answers instead of just recording it?

There you go. Now THAT would be impressive if you got answers.
Old 24-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Guide
Oh wow, sorry, I thought this thread was dead! Thanks everyone! And thank you, Necromancer for the explanation of how you break down the voices EVPs upon hearing them. Quite fascinating.

life.love.regret: You know, I've actually found that I get far better results when I don't ask anything when I'm recording. (Though when I recorded in my sister's house, I was speaking to her in my head in a way) I find if I make a big show about it and ask questions out loud, everyone clams up. By far, I get the most interesting results when I nonchalantly leave my laptop recording and then walk away for an hour.
HOWEVER, I will be back at my sister's house very soon. Not sure if I'll record, but maybe.
Old 31-05-2016, 03:55 AM
Master
I should go back to my ITC research again. I took a break from it to do 'spiritual things' but now I'm pretty much over that for the time being. Time to break out and dust off the ol' digital recorder again for a bit of fun and laughs.
Old 31-05-2016, 06:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie Queen
Oh wow, sorry, I thought this thread was dead! Thanks everyone! And thank you, Necromancer for the explanation of how you break down the voices EVPs upon hearing them. Quite fascinating.

life.love.regret: You know, I've actually found that I get far better results when I don't ask anything when I'm recording. (Though when I recorded in my sister's house, I was speaking to her in my head in a way) I find if I make a big show about it and ask questions out loud, everyone clams up. By far, I get the most interesting results when I nonchalantly leave my laptop recording and then walk away for an hour.
HOWEVER, I will be back at my sister's house very soon. Not sure if I'll record, but maybe.
I heard that sometimes our voice and other noises help them form their voices in a way. I'm no expert about this subject but when I attempted to record stuff I made a sound turning off a lamp and despite not listening anything other than this, in the recording a sound as a voice appeared right after the clicking sound.
It's usually so hard to find silence over here that I gave up on trying to record stuff. One, I remember I gave to someone listen but I didn't mention I was trying to get EVP, and the person said what she heard as if it was just a guy talking. When I told her it was supposed to be an EVP she got a little scared. However we couldn't agree in what was being said.
Also I've seen people suggesting to slow down the recordings(without changing tune) 'cause sometimes some passages seem to be really fast, but make more sense slowed down.