Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A very interesting question.

I was 'conditioned' to follow the Hindu path and understand Lord Shiva as being 'God' or what you would call "Oneness" and others would call "Brahman".

I had a preconceived notion of the Deity based on Hindu epics and stories and yet the very definition of an omnipresent and omniscient being surpassed all that I only 'thought' I knew and Shiva was much more than any epic/scripture could even begin to define.

The whole mental concept of Deity is what we call "saguna" or "that which is understood through the mind according to attributed perception" however, I fell in love and I fell hard.

Through love, meditation, worship I understood Shiva in full essence...experienced that which people call Brahman/Oneness/Void and the many names and labels people have given to it, over any actuality OF it.

Yet, even after having that whole realisation, I went back to worshiping Shiva in a 'form' that my mind and heart could actually 'make sense of'...but it was totally different than before.

It was like that saying "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is"
http://thetattooedbuddha.com/2015/11...ess-of-things/

This is why I post all these things I do on here and I hope it answers your question.

Understood. Thanks Shivani. Nice to talk with you again to.