Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 28-03-2012, 03:49 PM
MissMai

Confused and Worried

The entire reason I signed up for these forums is to share
my experience and hopefully I won't be judged in any way
for it. You see, last night I saw something that I never
thought was possible. I am not a huge believer in ghosts,
or paranormal activity in any way, but I don't not believe
in it. I was coming out of my room and I sort of stopped
as if I was frozen in my steps and I looked toward the
kitchen, and saw a man. This man was like a shadow,
dark and transparent in a way. Anyways, I kept looking
and he walked, normally, but then he went through the
countertop. Not around it, not over it, through it. I just
went back into my room after this and ever since it's
been worrying me and scaring me in a way. I tried to
tell someone I loved and trusted dearly, but they kept
telling me that it was just the dark playing with my head
and it was my imagination. I just know that it wasn't in
my head and I saw what I did for a reason?

Please try to help me, or discuss with me?
It would be very helpful.
Old 28-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Experiencer
Doesn't sound like the dark messing with your head. Anything odd about the house itself? Old? New? Lived there long?
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 28-03-2012, 04:18 PM
MissMai

I've lived in this house for awhile now since my parents split up when I was 8. It was my grandparent's house, but they passed away in 2005, and 2008. The house has been around since about the 1960's and there was owner previously, but my grandparents bought it in the 1970's. Nobody but I was home last night and only the hallway light was on, and the moonlight was showing through the kitchen window. I've never experienced anything like this before, and I don't know what it means. It has me worried as if something else is going to happen.
Old 28-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMai
I've lived in this house for awhile now since my parents split up when I was 8. It was my grandparent's house, but they passed away in 2005, and 2008. The house has been around since about the 1960's and there was owner previously, but my grandparents bought it in the 1970's. Nobody but I was home last night and only the hallway light was on, and the moonlight was showing through the kitchen window. I've never experienced anything like this before, and I don't know what it means. It has me worried as if something else is going to happen.

My uninformed guess is that such an experience will probably be the one and only - or will recur only very rarely. If other weird things start happening, you may want to take measures. But I wouldn't let it put you into a state of fear.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 28-03-2012, 05:50 PM
sesheta

To MissMai

I wouldn't be scared by it at all :) If it was indeed a spirit, it sounds like there was nothing to cause you to be fearful. Did it feel threatening to you in any way? Did it "do" anything or cause any other type of phenomena that scared you?
If not, I would simply acknowledge it for what it was. If you see it again, try saying "hi" to it if you feel you want or need to. Maybe it's just a previous owner of the house, coming back to "check up on the place"!
One final note - do not let fear start to overwhelm you regarding this. Some spirits are attracted to fear, and those are the ones you DON'T want around!!
Old 28-03-2012, 06:42 PM
MissMai

I suppose.. I really do hope it is a one time thing. I got a feeling of fear when I noticed it because it did seem like the guy knew I was there and watching and he was taking his time walking as if to linger on my fear. I'm trying not to read too much into it but it has frightened me and it didn't seem to be friendly just by what I saw and experienced. :(
Old 28-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Master
It sounds like a fear of ghosts in general. The fear Hollywood and the church have created. In most cases, you have nothing to fear from the spirits around you. He could be a residual entity who is not aware of you - just going about his business. Spirits are people. They are just in energy form and not their human body. If he is an "intelligent "spirit, talk to him - he may just want your acknowledgment. If you do meditation, you can connect that way. If he wants to talk with you he will, if you invite him to.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Enya

I've often seen shadow people. They can't harm you and may not even notice you. They can be an echo or a passer-by. Put it from your mind and file it under 'weird encounter'.
Old 30-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMai
The entire reason I signed up for these forums is to share
my experience and hopefully I won't be judged in any way
for it. You see, last night I saw something that I never
thought was possible. I am not a huge believer in ghosts,
or paranormal activity in any way, but I don't not believe
in it. I was coming out of my room and I sort of stopped
as if I was frozen in my steps and I looked toward the
kitchen, and saw a man. This man was like a shadow,
dark and transparent in a way. Anyways, I kept looking
and he walked, normally, but then he went through the
countertop. Not around it, not over it, through it. I just
went back into my room after this and ever since it's
been worrying me and scaring me in a way. I tried to
tell someone I loved and trusted dearly, but they kept
telling me that it was just the dark playing with my head
and it was my imagination. I just know that it wasn't in
my head and I saw what I did for a reason?

Please try to help me, or discuss with me?
It would be very helpful.

never fear a blk shadow they dont have any authority over you but, they feed off your fear.. its either for teaching purposes or your keeping someone negative around you.

All The Glory Belongs to God Forever!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Like the others have said, no need to fear. I know it's easy for us to say as I felt afraid when I began to open up, but there really isn't anything to fear except fear itself. The spirit will not, and can not, harm you. If anything it is probably just seeking contact with you or might not even have intended for you to see it. It is quite a gift to have seen one although I appreciate it may not feeling quite like that at the moment.