Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Buzz

You always do what you are required to do and sometimes you may do it over and over until the penny drops.
Asking questions and inquiring may as you say count for nought, but it appears that most of us need to go through this process in order to move beyond it.
Maybe when all the questions have been asked and the noise dies down, only then we can hear the voice you speak of.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
We have been trained to seek truth in every other place except where we should look most; and that is within. The still small voice is not in a building, book or another person's religious training or denomination... it is within YOU...

Wonderfully put! I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Master
Quote:
In that case, you circle back to the road of confusion.. If you need others to define every aspect of life and belief for you; or doubt your own intuitions that much.. then hey, there's a good many people who will gladly do it for you...

Huh? Did you answer my question somewhere in that? I can't find it.
The question was:
Isn't it an assumption that what you hear within is The Divine Spirit?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Henri77

Quote:
In this world, we are bombarded with opinions and information. From the cradle to the grave, we are fed with more data, facts and beliefs than one brain can handle.. and when it comes to spirituality, this is no different.

.. it is within YOU...
When taking a journey, you follow your own compass, not the opinion of the stranger you meet along the way.

Good point worth repeating.

The truths most valued are those our heart confirms.

Yet we can know truth we haven't directly witnessed ...as the heart recognizes truth while mind continues doubting, seeking opinions.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Huh? Did you answer my question somewhere in that? I can't find it.
The question was:
Isn't it an assumption that what you hear within is The Divine Spirit?

Assumption or not, most people go through life denying some part of themselves or feeling out of place in a religion that has been handed down to them by their family. As stated in the OP, we are trained to seek the truth, (and the answers,) everywhere except within ourselves; hence we go through life being told what is right, wrong, truth and the proper spiritual path to be on. And then we question, question and question... Meantime, the answers and direction to our own path and identity have been within us the whole time, we have just denied it for one reason or another..

So in the end, whether it was the Divine Spirit, and angel, a spirit guide or just our own inner knowing... it held the key to our own personal happiness and fulfillment; and when we tune into it, we find great peace and freedom.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:

In the end, all of the questions are for naught; for all we have to do is turn toward the Divine Spirit and ask, listen and commune. .

Hi Minds eye .

How does one reach the point within themselves to turn within?

x dazzle x
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Assumption or not, most people go through life denying some part of themselves or feeling out of place in a religion that has been handed down to them by their family. As stated in the OP, we are trained to seek the truth, (and the answers,) everywhere except within ourselves; hence we go through life being told what is right, wrong, truth and the proper spiritual path to be on. And then we question, question and question... Meantime, the answers and direction to our own path and identity have been within us the whole time, we have just denied it for one reason or another..

So in the end, whether it was the Divine Spirit, and angel, a spirit guide or just our own inner knowing... it held the key to our own personal happiness and fulfillment; and when we tune into it, we find great peace and freedom.

My point is that IF it is an assumption, that the voice within is "The divine spirit" then one will not be able to look "clearly" within. It would be like the proverbial ripple in the lake preventing you from seeing the bottom.
Wouldn't you agree?
I'm not really trying to give you a hard time and in fact, a part from that statement, I like and agree with your message for the most part. The thing is, Osama Bin Laden looks withing and acted accordingly. What I see within is what I have become. I see me. It's not divine or evil. It's me, the "I" thought all grown up.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
My point is that IF it is an assumption, that the voice within is "The divine spirit" then one will not be able to look "clearly" within. It would be like the proverbial ripple in the lake preventing you from seeing the bottom.
Wouldn't you agree?
I'm not really trying to give you a hard time and in fact, a part from that statement, I like and agree with your message for the most part. The thing is, Osama Bin Laden looks withing and acted accordingly. What I see within is what I have become. I see me. It's not divine or evil. It's me, the "I" thought all grown up.

I see your point, but for me Osama Bin Laden was following the mental dictates that were ingrained in him by a very stringent religion. If he grew up in the United States or the UK and was not inundated with radical Muslim beliefs, would he have been the same man?

Religion has a very strange effect on people; I almost didn't embrace my true spiritual nature years ago because the part of my mind that was ingrained with Christianity kept yelling out that it was Satan trying to lead me astray from the true faith... but I pushed onward because I was not truly happy. It's like being told that the world is flat and you believe it for so many years, and it effects the way you see the world and how you live your life... But then one day you hop on a ship and sail the seas; you may be scared as hell, but you need to find out the answers for yourself. Then you eventually find out that the world does not end at the end of square and drop off into oblivion.

So in my opinion, folks like you and I look within, and we see something clear, creative, peaceful and fulfilling; and we know we have choices. People like Bin Laden never even tried to look within, and if they did, they ran from what they saw and never looked back. They are like robots programmed by the organizations and religious groups, and they follow that program without thought or question because if they don't, eternity is lost and they suffer in hellfire. The world is flat for them, and most times they will not even attempt to get on a ship and find out if they have been lied to.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Neville

Yes, All of the questions might well appear to be pointless, but some of the answers make even less sense.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Minds eye .

How does one reach the point within themselves to turn within?

x dazzle x

I think you reach that point when you asked all the questions, took all the advice given, but still feel that something is missing. When you sit down one day and just realize that your fed up with trying to be pleasing and acceptable to others... That's when you sit down and really get honest with yourself and start looking within for who and what you really are. And you find what rings true for you and hints and glints of ideas and thoughts floating around in there that make you get kind of a wow feeling. And you imagine how freeing it would be to just live the kind of life and be the kind of person you just found within; but then it isn't even that you just found it, it's been who you were all along.... And then you do start living it and being it; and then you feel so at ease and ask yourself why you took so long to just relax and be your authentic self in every aspect of your life.