Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-10-2011, 08:45 AM
3dnow

How to make sure that what you do is not based on fear?

Hi forum,

What is your experience on that? Please share!

I understood that fear reduces my intelligence (I cannot see the reality), so if it is based on fear it is probably non-sense.

3d
Old 27-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Master
Hi 3dnow,

I wouldn't say it reduces your intelligence, it can cloud perception, which is nothing to do with intelligence.

Anything based on fear normally has a reason behind it.

Fear can help preserve safety, seek inner guidance, follow instincts,,,

It also can have a positive effect, by producing adrenalin which is good for the body,,,

Personally, I don't always fear fear!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 27-10-2011, 09:37 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Hi 3dnow,

I wouldn't say it reduces your intelligence, it can cloud perception, which is nothing to do with intelligence.

Anything based on fear normally has a reason behind it.

Fear can help preserve safety, seek inner guidance, follow instincts,,,

It also can have a positive effect, by producing adrenalin which is good for the body,,,

Personally, I don't always fear fear!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

[Dear admins I wanted to post this spiritual development section, move it there if you wish]

Hi Saggi,

I mean it put filters to my mind and I cannot see the reality... I loose my self-honesty if you prefer (because of fear)...

I am talking about irrational fear of course.
Old 28-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Aquarian

Simple answer: eliminate the fear.

If I have an 'intuition' that something bad is going to happen, and I also have a fear about the same thing - then I clear the fear & its cause and invariably the intuition vanishes.

All fear is delusional as anyone who can detect the rationale behind fears can attest to.

It's not just intuition which is affected of course. Fear makes us stiff, stupid and of course attracts future scary experiences via the Law of Attraction.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 PM
xebiche

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

I understood that fear reduces my intelligence (I cannot see the reality), so if it is based on fear it is probably non-sense.

3d

We come from either Fear or Love.

Observe your thoughts - they will TELL you where they originate.

Obsreve your emotional state (GO By Feel) - so you can understand your emotional fabric, your emotional consciousness. Going by feel will tell you so much about your state of Fear or your state of Love.

When we are not happy it is simply because we are telling ourselves lies. Fear is a liar that keeps talking and making so much active noise. THe more noise WE make for ourselves the more connected we will be to these fearful patterns.

So the road to happiness begins with OBSERVATION.

Observation will lead you to SILENCE.

Silence will detract us from our self induced patterns of fear.

Liberating us from our noise and into a sense of CLARITY.

From clarity springs LOVE.

You must begin with Observation.
Old 18-03-2012, 11:45 PM
chartreuse

Quote:
Hi forum,

3d

My experience is that fear distorts fact, often to the point that what you believe is no longer fact at all, but pure fiction. And if you make decisions based on that fiction, they are almost certainly going to be the wrong ones.

I saw this at work in my own life in a major way several times over the last year and a half, in regards to one particular situation. I (well, my ego, actually) created all sorts of drama, taking the scantiest actual fact (that things were not happening in the way/in the timeframe I thought they were supposed to) and turning it into one massive emergency after the other for which I was entirely to blame (because I was so unworthy, you know) and that required immediate and drastic intervention to "solve."

I was so unable to divorce myself from this ego-generated fear that I eventually ruined the very thing I had wanted so very badly in the first place, and all because of completely baseless fears based on completely false assumptions, and the unfortunate choices I made as a result.

But even in that statement, fear is at work. Because I've been given good reason to believe by the universe that it's not ruined, at least not permanently. I'm basically in the same situation I was, with things not happening in the way I thought they were supposed to, and my ego madly generating fear about what that means about me (that I really am a failure) and for me (that I've screwed up the rest of my life by losing this thing). I feel like I'm in this huge tug of war with myself, with my true/higher self able to see clearly, to see Truth, and my ego/false self working extremely hard to keep me looking through a distorted lens and making the same bad decisions based on the same false beliefs.

Fear is a very powerful emotion, there's no doubt (which is probably why it's one of the ego's favorite tools). I wish I knew how to recognize it every time, in time. The one thing I've been working with (when I remember - see - that I have the option; the phrase "blinded by fear" is quite insightful, really) is to really question any urge I have to take action in regards to this particular issue, to make sure it's coming from a positive place. Often what I find is that the action I want to take isn't really an action at all, it's a reaction, a reaction to ego-generated fears.

It's like waking up in the middle of the night because you heard a noise outside, but before you can recognize it as being outside and being totally normal, your fear takes over and you become convinced that someone's in the house, and every tiny, normally familiar sound becomes proof of impending doom. You may choose to run, to call the police, to grab your weapon of choice and go confront the intruder, or maybe you just freeze up, but in every case, but no matter what, you're reacting to something that doesn't exist.

I don't think it's far off to say that fear can make you less intelligent - it seems to me, at least in my own experiences, that it literally shuts down the parts of my brain that allow me to think, to analyze, to be rational.
Old 19-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Master
How to make sure that what you do is not based on fear?

First... make sure you're not so focused on not-fear that you actually involve yourself more in fear.

Make sure you are connected in the quiet center of your being, where fear does not exist.

Stay there... or if you lose your inner focus, come right back to it.

blessings
Xan

Old 13-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Henri77

Thread is 18 mo old but still a valuable topic for us, for me.

The ego has gotten a rather bad reputation...
I wonder if this is due to it's inherent nature?
Or the manner in which we've learned to relate to it?
Or the way it's been programmed by society's beliefs?

Is ego simply a collection of mental constructs-concepts?
A dynamic, evolving intelligence?
A creation of those who manipulated humanity's DNA?

OR possibly a THOUGHTFORM we've created and maintained throughout earthlife ..... one that now exists independent from SELF, yet requires attention to maintain its survival.

I wonder if;
Fear may be "created" in the mind, enhanced by ego, and experienced in the abdominal brain.

It seems a typical "cure" is to face one's fear, Experience the lie-exaggeration that it typically represents, and Reprogram rational mind with a modified reality-belief.

The observation that fear short circuits our rationality is a good one....
yet rationality needs data. Data that only direct experience can typically provide.
OR powerful, reliable insight, that we truly trust, The KNOWING that superceeds even rationality.
Old 14-04-2012, 04:14 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Hi forum,

3d

I've been fascinated by this subject as of late and have run across a lot of info as to what happens, biologically, when we become fearful... there's a bit of reading involved, but I tried to concentrate the presentation of the info to make the time-investment worth while... :^)

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro00/web2/Edmundson.html

<snip>

and then this by Bruce Lipton:
http://www.livingiseasy.com.au/podcasts/bruce-lipton-1/

<snip>

again Bruce Lipton:
http://www.scoop.it/t/health-supreme/p/1191011821/video-bruce-lipton-fear-and-deception
<snip>

And lastly again Bruce Lipton.. this is from a transcript and is a little wordy but the points covered are significant!! :^)
http://www.sfsu.edu/~holistic/documents/biology%282%29-1.pdf

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 25-04-2012, 02:07 AM
JonRamification

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartreuse
My experience is that fear distorts fact, often to the point that what you believe is no longer fact at all, but pure fiction. And if you make decisions based on that fiction, they are almost certainly going to be the wrong ones.

I saw this at work in my own life in a major way several times over the last year and a half, in regards to one particular situation. I (well, my ego, actually) created all sorts of drama, taking the scantiest actual fact (that things were not happening in the way/in the timeframe I thought they were supposed to) and turning it into one massive emergency after the other for which I was entirely to blame (because I was so unworthy, you know) and that required immediate and drastic intervention to "solve."

I was so unable to divorce myself from this ego-generated fear that I eventually ruined the very thing I had wanted so very badly in the first place, and all because of completely baseless fears based on completely false assumptions, and the unfortunate choices I made as a result.

But even in that statement, fear is at work. Because I've been given good reason to believe by the universe that it's not ruined, at least not permanently. I'm basically in the same situation I was, with things not happening in the way I thought they were supposed to, and my ego madly generating fear about what that means about me (that I really am a failure) and for me (that I've screwed up the rest of my life by losing this thing). I feel like I'm in this huge tug of war with myself, with my true/higher self able to see clearly, to see Truth, and my ego/false self working extremely hard to keep me looking through a distorted lens and making the same bad decisions based on the same false beliefs.

Fear is a very powerful emotion, there's no doubt (which is probably why it's one of the ego's favorite tools). I wish I knew how to recognize it every time, in time. The one thing I've been working with (when I remember - see - that I have the option; the phrase "blinded by fear" is quite insightful, really) is to really question any urge I have to take action in regards to this particular issue, to make sure it's coming from a positive place. Often what I find is that the action I want to take isn't really an action at all, it's a reaction, a reaction to ego-generated fears.

The place that your in is very imliar to were im and startin to get out i believe. I would like to give you some advise but dont take any of it on board if it doesnt sit right with you.

I found alot of my fear stem from insecurity which can occur on many levels and many reasons. Look up about the base chakra and ground technquies as all insercruities start there, work your way from the foundations up.

What helped me also was just constanly reasuring myself, though thoughts can be a powerful ally in helping us along this spiritual path we cant totally think are way out of a rut. If fear starts creepy in, start loveing yourself, might sound weird but if something unpleasant keeps coming up it needs to be acknowledged, accepted and loved. This might feel strange and unfamiliar but its truly worth lerning and once mastered can prove to be a awsome tool to have.

Another thing which helped massivly was meditation where i completely focused on being relaxed. It may be hard at times as your fear/ego mind may not like. I find letting your consciense focuse on your breathing letting your body relax in its own time. This helps as it gets rid of a sense of 'raging war inside', i know actually what you mean by that and during the meditation it may not be easy but still facing it head on with true peaceful intent. I get the feeling, and still do with increased intensity that i hit a brick wall in meditation. Thats where after the intaily survival reaction consciensly return to your breathing and simply carmer it out.