Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Neville

Nutrino's capable of faster than light speeds ?

I wondered what the ramifications of sub atomic particles (neutrino's) being able to travel faster than the speed of light might be in relation to spirituality.

Here is the story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484

I have accepted for some years now that consciousness is able to defy the "laws" of space and time personally. I would dare say that we ourselves may have a few sub atomic particles in our physical construction.

What significance if any have these new findings meant to you ?

Old 23-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Time

I just find it funny how most physists state that nothing can go faster then the speed of light... Now its more like "nothing can go faster then the speed of light... oh, except this, and this...................... and this.... LOL
Old 23-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I just find it funny how most physists state that nothing can go faster then the speed of light... Now its more like "nothing can go faster then the speed of light... oh, except this, and this...................... and this.... LOL

Yes indeed Time

I often wondered how fast a thought was.
Old 23-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Time

If im not mistakin, its just under the speed of light, because thoughts are a type of electronic signal
Old 23-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
I wonder how Einstein is feeling about all of this?

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 23-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Neville

Indeed, it could turn the theory of relativity on it's head !
Old 23-09-2011, 04:26 PM
mattie

Great Thread

LOL that this discovery is causing a reassessment which will ‘upend a century of physics.’
Fasten your seatbelts!!! It’s about to get really FUN.

Thanks for posting this article.

1000s of articles on this-
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Cern Collider pics:

‘The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a gigantic scientific instrument near Geneva, where it spans the border between Switzerland and France about 100 m underground. It is a particle accelerator used by physicists to study the smallest known particles – the fundamental building blocks of all things. It will revolutionise our understanding, from the minuscule world deep within atoms to the vastness of the Universe.’
http://press.web.cern.ch/public/en/LHC/LHC-en.html

An everyday example of a particle accelerator is the cathode ray tubes in (non-flat screen) TVs & X-ray generators.

Particle accelerator history- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_collider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_accelerator
Old 23-09-2011, 04:33 PM
mattie

I Bet Einstein Would Be Delighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace733
I wonder how Einstein is feeling about all of this?

I bet he would love it. He would be one of the first ones developing models about how this new energy operates. The really good scientists readily adapt their thinking when new information is available. This isn't problematic.

Great thinkers like Einstein, Descartes, & Plato need not be faulted because subsequent discoveries have disproved certain of their theories or refined them. They moved forward the thinking of their eras in substantial & wonderful ways, challenging & encouraging others to also think out of the box.

In 50 years we will probably look back on this moment of this discovery like we do at when they discovered they could harness the power of electricity & replace candles for light in homes!
Old 23-09-2011, 04:35 PM
mattie

New Paradigms Abounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Indeed, it could turn the theory of relativity on it's head !

& soooooooooooooooo much more.
Old 23-09-2011, 04:54 PM
mattie

They're Learning Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time

It's a learning process. This powerful particle accelerator is new territory.