Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 27-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Deactivated Account
If my post make sense, then please, answer me this question:

Where is it stored ?
What is it stored FOR ?
What is it Used for ? (the storage)

What is it usefull for ? (the storage)

If it is stored, can you move it into now ?
Old 27-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaname
I am curious (about the title: what is the proposed evidence that time is an illusion?) because as I probe the big questions like solipsistic skepticism, time seems to be flying by in the intuitive day to day sense.

I don't really want to waste the time of my life, but I also want to hold on to the fundamental truths that I can see most clearly.

I think sometimes solipsism seems like a dead end, but to turn your back on the truth seems dangerous, reckless, negligent, and at some point you worry about "reality biting back".

It is difficult again, because holding on to solipsism and other spiritual truths like Zen meditation, short circuits moving forward in other domains like education, economics, vocational development, even relationships and friendships, and socializing.

If the foundation of all these pursuits is unstable and precarious, then at any time the edifice can come crashing down.

I read an interesting point yesterday, that it is often the work of the philosopher to find the assumptions that are most axiomatic, most self-evident, most likely to be true and from which to build a system of philosophical wisdom. It seems like that is what my tangential point here is (after time travel and possible illusion of time).

------

(Intuitive) time is passing by, but to advance everyday interests and "save time", would be to turn my back on fundamental philosophical truths like the problem of induction in science among other problems of epistemology, metaphysics, etc.

I've only heard of time travel and the illusion of time in a serious discussion in philosophy and/or physics academic departments, and science fiction popular media such as Back to the Future with Michael J. Fox.

-------

Thanks,

As per eastern philosophy, pure consciousness is what everything is at the fundamental level. This is what the ancient sages say, and their sayings have been verified by modern sages as well upon enlightenment.

Science has proven that matter is energy, while eastern philosophy states that matter, energy, space, time and causation all have pure consciousness as its substratum.

They are all grosser manifestations of the pure unitary consciousness, which is not immediately evident, as we usually take in information from the limited senses.

In enlightenment, we are able to perceive this unitary consciousness pervading matter, energy, space and time is just a construct of this manifested phenomena.

This is the reason why we intuitively feel an underlying unity in diversity inspite of the seemingly disparate names and forms floating around.

Science and western philosophy have not yet come upon this due to its limited duration compared to the eastern one. Intellectual understanding at the expense of experiential understanding is given too much of importance in western education, due to its short term material benefits which is bound to boomerang.

The intellect focusses on the part, while Consciousness focusses holistically on the whole, and the undue importance given to the intellect at the expense of Consciousness, has created a state of major imbalance in the planet as a whole.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 27-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF

Where is it stored ?
What is it stored FOR ?

hi the storing is the fact that the souls who created are all still around
each person creates a path way in the energies form day to day by just being there , this is his past and can be accessed
its part of the grand illusion of 3D to not know it and not b able to do it

memories are signatures of energy around you
your energy passes through all that is around you in to 3D in what you see all around you , this effect is your reality in 3D and this has a past
that can be accessed

visual memory is recalling these images by reliving this energy passing trough
such an object , it can be real but you can also simulate such an energy signature and create an image , since you know what it looks like

the actual creation of time has to do with the sun
the sun some how resonates with all that its light shines on

the sun is a topic to explain on it self as is the true nature of light
Old 27-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Master

Quote:

Where is it stored ?
What is it stored FOR ?

where is my window over there in the corner stored?
what is it stored for?
what is it used for?
what is it useful for?
can I go over and touch it?
Old 27-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
where is my window over there in the corner stored?
what is it stored for?
what is it used for?
what is it useful for?
can I go over and touch it?

You cant, but your body can, and it is usefull for whatever reason you may think.

If it is the 'window' of the Internet Browser which you are using now, then even your body cant reach it.

The X closes it.
Old 28-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:

Where is it stored ?
What is it stored FOR ?

Just thought drop a quote:

"If there is a past, I don't think about it" ~ Sailor Bob Adamson.
Old 28-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Science has proven that matter is energy, while eastern philosophy states that matter,
energy, space, time and causation all have pure consciousness as its substratum.

In enlightenment, we are able to perceive this unitary consciousness pervading matter,
energy, space and time is just a construct of this manifested phenomena.

And there you have it
...even if that perception is only momentary...
Now we know....no time..and really no such thing as matter, either.

This place is one big dream...smoke and mirrors...a grand illusion...
a stage...a hologram...time included...held together with One Consciousness...the thread
holding together all the beads...the glue, the essence if it all.
How can one ever explain that to someone that has not had even a glimpse of it.
Thank goodness for quantum physicists; they have been a big help!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Master
My proof that 'time is an illusion' is when I want something to happen and it takes longer than usual for it to happen just because I am anticipating it.

Running late for an appointment, get every red light, a traffic jam caused by an accident, a cue up of pensioners in front of the only working ATM, no space in the parking lot and a lift out of order on the way.

Then I hear others saying "it will happen when it happens" which is a stupid thing to say because it just is and for no other reason.

Or else, it's Necro, out by three lengths, followed by the rest of the field, but the race never finishes...

Or I'll send a message in a bottle to the cosmos I'll receive back years later, as if it were yesterday.

Many things exist in my life to prove time is an illusion and I only have to justify it by saying "I have absolutely no patience".
Old 18-02-2017, 03:12 AM
Guide
Do some research on tachyeon speeds and u will better understand
Old 18-02-2017, 03:15 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
My proof that 'time is an illusion' is when I want something to happen and it takes longer than usual for it to happen just because I am anticipating it.

Running late for an appointment, get every red light, a traffic jam caused by an accident, a cue up of pensioners in front of the only working ATM, no space in the parking lot and a lift out of order on the way.

Then I hear others saying "it will happen when it happens" which is a stupid thing to say because it just is and for no other reason.

Or else, it's Necro, out by three lengths, followed by the rest of the field, but the race never finishes...

Or I'll send a message in a bottle to the cosmos I'll receive back years later, as if it were yesterday.

Many things exist in my life to prove time is an illusion and I only have to justify it by saying "I have absolutely no patience".

Ah, like looking at a microwave timer, that first second lasts longer than the following sec