Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-02-2017, 04:46 AM
Master
"Not Spiritual"

Greetings fellow 'spiritual people'.

Twice today, I have been told I am 'not spiritual' which is really cool if I am not because then I can get on with just living a meaningless existence and not knowing any better.

So, to humour it I was like "what makes you say that?"

Apparently, 'spiritual people' never swear, never have an opposing/negative view about anything, never get impatient or frustrated, never have an unkind word to say about anybody or anything, always self-sacrificing and humble, always seeing rainbows and pretty pink unicorns everywhere they go, they never have discussions/debates because all they can say is "it will all be fine, peace and light to you"...I mean there's a whole list of what 'spiritual people have to DO to be 'spiritual people'.

Now, I know people who do this, but say they are "not spiritual"...would it make any difference to them if somebody else said "oh yes...yes you ARE?"

Nope, it would not.

There are also many 'spiritual actors' out there too who believe if they 'play the part' they'll eventually become the part they play. It's like a form of spiritual dishonesty.

So, I am learning to come to terms with the fact that other people don't exist anyway and I only imagine that they do, so being called 'not spiritual' doesn't phase me because it is the weakest form of an attempt at insult based on a supposed guilt feeling I do not possess and thus it just bounces straight back off me, like water off a duck's back.

I mean, Satan could come tomorrow and destroy the world and people go 'what a totally non-spiritual thing to do'...however, the devil is spiritual, just not in any way a mere mortal would ever understand the concept.

So, if you have thoughts, please provide below and if not, move on...nothing to see here. Thank you.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Huggies! You are one of the most Captivating of beings to grace this forum, my friend.

I couldn't not see the Divine Spirit in you even if I tried. Your presence here has been a very powerful catalyst for GOOD.

I wish you well.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Huggies! You are one of the most Captivating of beings to grace this forum, my friend.

I couldn't not see the Divine Spirit in you even if I tried. Your presence here has been a very powerful catalyst for GOOD.

I wish you well.
Your words are a very welcome balm for my sore, tired and bruised ego my friend.

For a whole year, I have been trying to get just one person to notice it...not noticing me, not noticing my intelligence, not noticing anything that is attributed to my doing whatsoever...

For a year, all I wanted was for just one person to see the Divine Spirit inside me...I even went to great lengths to point out synchronicities, siddhis (psychic powers), communions with ghosts and spirits...I didn't want people to notice me, I wanted others to notice it...and how it was expressing itself through me and affecting me.

It was too bad that others thought it was me just 'seeking attention'...attention they didn't want to give because it would lead to me becoming reliant/dependent upon external platitudes instead of seeking the answers within myself.

...but c'mon, what makes me any different from anybody else? what makes it so difficult to say "you have a beautiful soul and I can see it?" maybe they cannot see it like you can...no matter how much I try and show it.

It gets to the stage where I could walk on water but nobody will ever see it because they 'weren't looking' at the time...this is what it constantly feels like anyway.

So thank you so much for saying that because it has taken the pressure off just a bit and I am just reaching out for any final straws or lifelines before immersing myself into total solipsism.

Thanks again.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Your words are a very welcome balm for my sore, tired and bruised ego my friend.

For a whole year, I have been trying to get just one person to notice it...not noticing me, not noticing my intelligence, not noticing anything that is attributed to my doing whatsoever...

For a year, all I wanted was for just one person to see the Divine Spirit inside me...I even went to great lengths to point out synchronicities, siddhis (psychic powers), communions with ghosts and spirits...I didn't want people to notice me, I wanted others to notice it...and how it was expressing itself through me and affecting me.

It was too bad that others thought it was me just 'seeking attention'...attention they didn't want to give because it would lead to me becoming reliant/dependent upon external platitudes instead of seeking the answers within myself.

...but c'mon, what makes me any different from anybody else? what makes it so difficult to say "you have a beautiful soul and I can see it?" maybe they cannot see it like you can...no matter how much I try and show it.

It gets to the stage where I could walk on water but nobody will ever see it because they 'weren't looking' at the time...this is what it constantly feels like anyway.

So thank you so much for saying that because it has taken the pressure off just a bit and I am just reaching out for any final straws or lifelines before immersing myself into total solipsism.

Thanks again.

You are eternally welcome. That was very beautifully expressed, and it touches my heart. A number of times have I come close to responding to you in this forum, yet this time seems the most appropriate.

Your yearning for the Divine is one of the most intense I have ever witnessed, and it burns very brightly.

Your souluminescence is dazzling.

In your "seeking attention" as some may call it, you have actually given so much of your Self, shared so much of your essence, very generously. You and quite a few many others have done so in this forum.

I offer you these words in deep conviction that they may help you feel more loved, and to remind you that this Divine Love is indeed within you at all times, in your Cosmic Heart.

In fact, I felt this kind of Cosmic Love-reaction within myself when I read your opening post for this thread, for which I am deeply appreciative.

Namaste, all.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Experiencer

You've said what's also in my heart

Quote:
. .I didn't want people to notice me, I wanted others to notice it...and how it was expressing itself through me and affecting me.

Thanks again.

My 2 cents is how I so badly wish my family felt this inside me, from me . . But all they see is ego. I believe they're so immersed in their own "successful EGO's" that it blinds them.

Thanks for opening this subject Necromancer ~
Old 18-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
I am just reaching out for any final straws or lifelines before immersing myself into total solipsism.
I'm right in there with you, necro ... not in some 'parallel' universe, but in the same one, thinking and feeling quite similarly, as I see what you speak of.
Old 17-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I'm right in there with you, necro ... not in some 'parallel' universe, but in the same one, thinking and feeling quite similarly, as I see what you speak of.
Greetings David and greetings to you all.

It has been quite a while since I last posted, I enjoyed a 6 week stint in a mental hospital, booking myself in to learn 'resilience' and 'coping skills' in the face of a violent, angry and abusive world that my cultural upbringing was at severe odds with. Underneath this aloof exterior, beats a very soft and kind heart who wouldn't hurt a fly. I could not understand how we let the world get to this stage and why people feel the need to inflict verbal and physical harm on others....and why should it be that I need it to be 'brought home' into my own sphere of awareness, instead of just witnessing it on a TV screen as happening 'out there' and to 'other people', kind of desensitising society to the general prevalence of it.

Whilst in hospital, I learned the whole concept of 'not my circus, not my monkeys' and karma is pretty much indiscriminate as to who witnesses it unfold, suffice to say that I am no 'Buddha' or 'Jesus Christ' when it comes to taking on the suffering of others as my own and thus dying as a martyr to the cause. If we are to believe the Celestine Prophecy and Don Juan's 'Tales of Power', this antagonism results from individuals trying to capture the energy of others (aka 4th Insight), using it to serve their own greedy needs, totally ignorant to the fact that God provides an unlimited supply of this energy (aka 5th Insight).

I guess it took the whole dreadful plight of the human species to put me back upon my own spiritual path and served to illustrate that violence, hatred, murder etc does have a place in this world; to make the spiritual more spiritual and the ignorant, more ignorant, separating the species further and making the divide wider so the difference is much plainer to see to any discerning God that just happens to pass by our blue pearl in the inky blackness of space.

I have also been taking the time off the internet to write my memoirs (finished the first two chapters), writing hymns in Sanskrit to Lord Shiva and doing various self-improvement courses which have also included various shamanic drumming classes, which I am enjoying. My latest self-improvement course is called "Standing In Your Power - Being True to Your Authentic Self"...so, of course, Necro asks the question; "what if this 'Authentic Self' is Spirit/Soul/God? how does one ever be true to that and live it?"

I was directed to read the Celestine Prophecy, which I have never read before last night, and it reminded me about all of those Carlos Casteneda books I read as a teen...especially "The Second Ring of Power"...I didn't get much out of the Celestine Prophecy that I didn't already know. It served more as a reminder than anything else.

And so, I find myself back on here, just checking in and catching up. I may/not read all that stuff Jonesboy posted about Kashmir Shaivism in the Hindu forum during my absence, because I am still rather pleasantly and blissfully 'stuck' at the awareness of Shiva existing as a separate entity from myself or my ego...even my 'Super Ego' in the Freudian sense and I am happier loving God than actually 'being' God even the whole reconciliation will, no doubt, eventually arise in me as the Goddess rises to dance with Her mate.

It is a solitary journey, this spiritual trip and when my 'vibration' is sufficiently raised, the universe assures me that my 'tribe' will appear. I just need to find the balance between behavioural tolerance and being invisible to other people altogether (aka 9th Insight)...at least now I understand why I have appeared invisible to others up til this point. I also understand the role that eating meat plays...the stress and agony the animal feels upon slaughter playing a role in the violent and aggressive tendencies of mankind as they consume the flesh of the slain animal...not my circus, not my monkeys...

Then, when all else fails, I remind myself that it is totally symptomatic of 'Kali Yuga' and pay homage to the teachings of Adi Shankara, which helps me sleep much better at night.

Om Mane Padme Hum
Om Namah Shivay
Old 17-05-2017, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Greetings David and greetings to you all.

It has been quite a while since I last posted, I enjoyed a 6 week stint in a mental hospital, booking myself in to learn 'resilience' and 'coping skills' in the face of a violent, angry and abusive world that my cultural upbringing was at severe odds with. Underneath this aloof exterior, beats a very soft and kind heart who wouldn't hurt a fly. I could not understand how we let the world get to this stage and why people feel the need to inflict verbal and physical harm on others....and why should it be that I need it to be 'brought home' into my own sphere of awareness, instead of just witnessing it on a TV screen as happening 'out there' and to 'other people', kind of desensitising society to the general prevalence of it.

Whilst in hospital, I learned the whole concept of 'not my circus, not my monkeys' and karma is pretty much indiscriminate as to who witnesses it unfold, suffice to say that I am no 'Buddha' or 'Jesus Christ' when it comes to taking on the suffering of others as my own and thus dying as a martyr to the cause. If we are to believe the Celestine Prophecy and Don Juan's 'Tales of Power', this antagonism results from individuals trying to capture the energy of others (aka 4th Insight), using it to serve their own greedy needs, totally ignorant to the fact that God provides an unlimited supply of this energy (aka 5th Insight).

I guess it took the whole dreadful plight of the human species to put me back upon my own spiritual path and served to illustrate that violence, hatred, murder etc does have a place in this world; to make the spiritual more spiritual and the ignorant, more ignorant, separating the species further and making the divide wider so the difference is much plainer to see to any discerning God that just happens to pass by our blue pearl in the inky blackness of space.

I have also been taking the time off the internet to write my memoirs (finished the first two chapters), writing hymns in Sanskrit to Lord Shiva and doing various self-improvement courses which have also included various shamanic drumming classes, which I am enjoying. My latest self-improvement course is called "Standing In Your Power - Being True to Your Authentic Self"...so, of course, Necro asks the question; "what if this 'Authentic Self' is Spirit/Soul/God? how does one ever be true to that and live it?"

I was directed to read the Celestine Prophecy, which I have never read before last night, and it reminded me about all of those Carlos Casteneda books I read as a teen...especially "The Second Ring of Power"...I didn't get much out of the Celestine Prophecy that I didn't already know. It served more as a reminder than anything else.

And so, I find myself back on here, just checking in and catching up. I may/not read all that stuff Jonesboy posted about Kashmir Shaivism in the Hindu forum during my absence, because I am still rather pleasantly and blissfully 'stuck' at the awareness of Shiva existing as a separate entity from myself or my ego...even my 'Super Ego' in the Freudian sense and I am happier loving God than actually 'being' God even the whole reconciliation will, no doubt, eventually arise in me as the Goddess rises to dance with Her mate.

It is a solitary journey, this spiritual trip and when my 'vibration' is sufficiently raised, the universe assures me that my 'tribe' will appear. I just need to find the balance between behavioural tolerance and being invisible to other people altogether (aka 9th Insight)...at least now I understand why I have appeared invisible to others up til this point. I also understand the role that eating meat plays...the stress and agony the animal feels upon slaughter playing a role in the violent and aggressive tendencies of mankind as they consume the flesh of the slain animal...not my circus, not my monkeys...

Then, when all else fails, I remind myself that it is totally symptomatic of 'Kali Yuga' and pay homage to the teachings of Adi Shankara, which helps me sleep much better at night.

Om Mane Padme Hum
Om Namah Shivay

Nice to see you back Necro, hope you feel better and continue to recuperate...
Old 17-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Master
Impressively wonderful high-flying 'bounce' back, Nec!

Brought lyrics from Paul Simon's Graceland to mind:
Quote:
There is a girl in New York City
Who calls herself the human trampoline
And sometimes when I’m falling, flying
Or tumbling in turmoil I say
Whoa, so this is what she means
She means we’re bouncing into Graceland
And I see losing love
Is like a window in your heart
Everybody sees you’re blown apart
Everybody sees the wind blow

In Graceland, in Graceland
I’m going to Graceland
For reasons I cannot explain
There’s some part of me wants to see Graceland
And I may be obliged to defend
Every love, every ending
Or maybe there’s no obligations now
Maybe I’ve a reason to believe
We all will be received
In Graceland

One of my faves! Here a link to the sound track (U can skip the ad in 4 secs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXzLeFUkpc

Quote:
Necro asks the question; "what is this 'Authentic Self' is Spirit/Soul/God? how does one ever be true to that and live it?"
I sincerely offer what I wrote in my book as 'answering' these clearly sincere! questions in intelligible terms. Free pdf download available from:
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload...godspeak2k.pdf

Om Mane Padme Hum
Om Namah Shivay

Old 19-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
For anyone unfamiliar with The Celestine Prophecy, here's a link to the page on Redfield's site which presents summaries of the Insights. Note: the text on this page only extends down to the Ninth Insight. Click on the links in the sidebar on the left (one a a time) will take you to all Twelve.

http://www.celestinevision.com/the-1...ne-insights/2/

In think the book itself is more 'trippy' to read, however.