Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 22-07-2016, 02:47 AM
Pathfinder

Do we operate with obsolete software?

for example: we still do - voluntarily or not – use software that was designed 3000 years ago by shepherds in the middle eastern deserts?
Old 22-07-2016, 05:13 AM
Seeker

I don't understand your question, please be more specific.
Old 22-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
for example: we still do - voluntarily or not – use software that was designed 3000 years ago by shepherds in the middle eastern deserts?
Those of us who are Christian/Jewish do. Muslims have a version that was updated 1500 years ago but most sensible people had their software updated 200 years ago when Darwin discovered evolution. That rendered the old software obsolete - but a few people, particularly in the USA, refuse to use the latest version.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
for example: we still do - voluntarily or not – use software that was
designed 3000 years ago by shepherds in the middle eastern deserts?
Yup, antiquated, primitive, distorted, untrue and much coming from savage, fearful minds that made up
whatever they wanted around their campfires that has effected millions for centuries.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Pathfinder

Religion is just an obvious example, so are our antiquated morals and social rules - how about the capitalistic software - our relation to the mother "Gaia" who bore and feeds us - or the exploration of technologies that might either poison or pulverize us - or......??
Old 23-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Master
I’ll offer a few of my thoughts about this topic. Yes, especially in relation to our collective ability to harm ourselves (the human race), I think you’re right. In fact, this was a major point made by Timothy Leary and other “spokespeople” near the beginning of the widespread interest in psychedelics in the 1950s and early ’60s - I’ve looked into that movement through online magazine-article reprints, Youtube vids, and a few books I’ve found.

But I feel that the method of just using, or mainly using, psychoactive substances to “change the software” has limitations. They can be useful for “eye opening” we might call it, but much more so in a person who has already achieved some emotional and social stability than in, for instance, an adolescent or college student.

Also, groups of people who - through whatever means - change their consciousness software can wind up isolated and awkwardly set at odds with society. Rather than being gracefully able to interact with the general run of people with some hope of being able to actually have some influence on the larger society.

On the individual inner-life level of a person, I’ve found that the revelations and glimpses of dimensions beyond the psychological programming and previous personal experience of a human being only lead toward the doors of practical soul progress. It’s a complex and tricky topic.
Old 26-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Master

Hi waechter418,

Ha! interesting metaphor.

Short answer - yes.

One could say that spirituality involves the seeking, finding, acceptance of terms, and successful downloading of more progressive 'software' - just make sure it's compatible with your 'system'.

~ J
Old 17-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Lorelyen

But then if it parallels modern software it was obsolescent the day after it was released and so flawed with bugs it needs patches every few days - and of course, whoever designed the access controls was hopeless. Almost anyone can get into anyone's mind. The mobility software was quite good though.

Old 17-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Master

It's really sad to me that society as a whole lives with such antiquated software. Pure ignorance. But they want to live there, they have been given many chances to upgrade. But that kind of change threatens their whole computer system. Their computer would crash!

I believe spiritual enlightenment isn't the main goal for everyone on the planet when they incarnate. They may be working on other lessons.

Tanemon, I live of the world but not in it. I am different and my difference defines who I am. In a lot of ways I don't fit in anymore. But I understand it is necessary as I grow spiritually. And being spiritually aware strengthens my understanding that the world is what it is and I am what I am and I'm okay with it just the way it is.
Old 23-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Pathfinder

With “software” I had the softness of our gray mass and minds in mind, and not the world of Microsoft & Co.
The intent of this post is to stimulate inquiries into the parameters we use to relate ourselves with, and not only those designed by Judaic/Christian priests – although they still seem to play important roles in western cultures – but to investigate the economical, political, social, scientific etc. programs that (at least partially) determine the ways collectives and individuals presently operate.
I do not expect a post like this to find much response in an age where it seems fashionable to subject oneself uncritical to media - consumer research – silicon valley – political - scientific - and whatever else - programs (probably because they eliminate personal responsibility) not to forget those which are to get people used to the idea to become robots.
(A recently published 5 years study by the Stanford University comes to the conclusion that 75% of the activities of US & 68% of EU citizens are all ready robot like)