Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Experiencer
I agree with many of the previous posts - time on the spirit side is really whatever we wish it to be and I do not think anyone would reincarnate before they had greeted all the loved ones they left on Earth. There is no rush. We literally have all the time in the world, and while there are always exceptions, we usually want a good long rest before we feel up to tackling Earth again. It's tough down here! In response to your related question, it's quite common for our guides to have shared past lifetimes with us, and also for people who have passed over who love us to come and hover around as helper spirits (though they are not exactly spirit guides as such in the way our official guides are).

It would be unusual for a spirit to appear in a form other than the one in which we knew them, but two possible answers occur to me - one is that, since you mentioned it was a lucid dream, you may not have been completely lucid and the spirit may have been communicating with you through a dream character you had created rather than just walking in as herself. The other is that she may have wanted to appear to you as her true self (the way she prefers to appear in spirit) or as a previous self you knew from a shared past life together.
The first time I met one of my guides in a lucid dream she appeared in a form I didn't recognise, but later explained to me that this was the form she had in the lifetime when we first met. It's sometimes hard for us incarnates to get our heads around, but our spirit selves remember being many people, not just one!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Neville

Quote:
I tend to believe that we travel at night to other places. It could be that when we are needed in the spirit-world to welcome home another, we could be there.

A very good point, I feel that we journey to dream environments, others vist the astral plain. It would follow that we can visit spirit realms.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I am no closer to understanding why a spirit person who was clearly who they said they were should appear as a different person with a different voice to that which they had while in the physical plane, I will have to ask them I suppose

Okay, awake now, Neville. My grandmother raised my sister and myself. My grandmother and I were very close, while my sister and my grandmother were not. My mom was off doing her own thing and only popped in about once a year. My grandmother and step- grandfather actually adopted us, even having our birth certificates changed to show them as our natural parents ( really screws with tracing your geneaology)
When I was a young adult (still living at home as my grandmother had a nursing home that I helped her with, plus my own job) I was putting my daughter to bed when I had a vision of sorts. I saw a farmhouse, could see the property and all of the interior very clearly,even as to what the material of the couch was, where pictures were on the wall. I knew for a fact that I was a very new baby and had died at 3 days of age, been born to my grandmother. After my daughter fell asleep I went upstairs to tell my grandma. I told her the baby's name, where the bed was, what she had been doing the day before delivery. I drew a layout of the house in detail and the surrounding property, even as to the roads. I told her how far the bed was from the wall. At first she said that the bed was up against the wall, but then remembered that the doctor and midwife had pulled it away from the wall for easier access to her.
Now mind you, absolutely NO ONE in the family ever knew about this baby, Mary Evelyn. She (I) had been born before my mother and aunt. After that , my grandmother was a believer in reincarnation.
Years later I had a regression to that life and found out why I had not stayed. I said that there would not ever be any laughter in that house and I couldn't stay; that she would have other children. I stuck around for a few days until I knew that my mother (grandmother) was going to be alright and then I left.
The moral of this story is that I was reborn to my mother, but it was my grandmother who raised me after the age of three and she was the complete mother -figure in my life. My aunt and I were very close like sisters.
So that kind of shoots down the theory of not being reborn until there are no more memories of you. Children in India do it. They have been researched . A child will start talking about their "other" family and the village that they had lived in. When they are taken to these villages, they are able to find their previous homes, identify family member and know of things that only the family are aware of. It has also been documented of children in western countries.
And as for the second question, it is my understanding that we can take on any likeness that we are the most comfortable with in Summerland. Even though you were not familar with that identity, perhaps that was the form that she had liked the best or the one that she had experienced the most love and fulfillment in.
But the point that you need to remember is that you recognized her vibration and essence. So remain true to what YOU KNOW, Neville. We all have our very own, very unique vibration and energy that can be felt .
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 AM
mac

(Neville) Firstly is it possible that a diceased loved one is unable to visit because they have already been re incarnated? Yes but perhaps it's not that commonplace? Other reasons are, I suggest, equally if not more probable If so what does that say about the endlife re union in the summerland.? Doesn't impact on the general principle but as with all matters, there's not a simple, single situation for all individuals... For ease of understanding (although it's still unfathomable for many) the simplest of explanations about 'the afterlife' may be given by mediums/teachers/guides to enquirers. Further study into this may quickly reveal the variability of the situation.

Secondly, Visition from a deceased loved one who appears in a different appearance and speaks with a different accent? She knew enough about me to verify who she was and indeed about my sister (unless I was mentally projecting the information of course) She seemed to be exactly who she said she was but looked nothing like her and sounded nothing like her. is this normal ? I'd have the gravest of doubts about any such occurrence. Individuals who were deceivers on this side of the divide may be no less deceitful when working from the other...
Old 02-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Neville

Thankyou Westleigh, Summerland and mac for your points of view and experiences.
The following words from Summerland seem to nail the entire business for me.

Quote:
But the point that you need to remember is that you recognized her vibration and essence. So remain true to what YOU KNOW, Neville. We all have our very own, very unique vibration and energy that can be felt