Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 15-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Guide
Good question. You at this level did not make that decision.
You at Soul level did. Your Soul is your True Self, and is the one who decided this life , its path, and how it wanted to experience it. By forging a good solid Soul connection, you would be able to ask these questions to your Soul and get the answers you need. It is a good lesson for all of us here: Forge a good solid Soul connection and relationship. For when we do so we will view this reality and this life from the Soul's perspective.
Old 15-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Seeker
Because you're not cool enough to be an elephant yet.

It's okay, neither am I. ;)

There could be a cosmic hopper that our souls pop out of, and they land inside of an infinite number of animals/creatures across the universe at random. This life, you are human; next life, you are a Venusian cave bat. From my understanding, any kind of assigned order to the universe is merely speculative.
Old 15-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Master
coz u humen well i thng i mit be humen dnt no abot no 1 elsee

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 15-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasai Keira
Because you're not cool enough to be an elephant yet.

It's okay, neither am I. ;)

There could be a cosmic hopper that our souls pop out of, and they land inside of an infinite number of animals/creatures across the universe at random. This life, you are human; next life, you are a Venusian cave bat. From my understanding, any kind of assigned order to the universe is merely speculative.

You, Kasai Keira, are the first one who has said anything remotely connected to my posed question. Thanks.
Old 15-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Master

But you are an elephant! The Spirit of God that is in you is the same that is in an elephant, or anything else.

Oneness of life should equal reverence for life.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-09-2016, 01:20 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Had my mum and dad been elephants then I'd be one too. That we know. Naturally I am, like you, like us all, human. Nevertheless, it seems to me that we don't give much thought to the result we have attained by being born human - especially as there are about 10 million different species of life on this planet. From which, as evolution is blind, we could now be one.
As we know it's all a matter of genetics, DNA, and all the rest. But from these ten million kinds how did I, and you of course, actually get to the top of what seems to be an evolutionary ladder? It certainly seems to be true that in the hierarchy of the species we are top. Was this just by chance or have we done something to deserve it? Actually the chance of being born an elephant is smaller than being born human simply because there are fewer elephants. So what was the deciding factor - and how was the decision made. Are we human because we've been developing for millions of years; Stone, plant, animal, human and were indeed once elephants or tigers or minerals, dandelions, or maybe crocodiles? And we've forgotten?
According to some parts of the Buddhist faith humans can re-incarnate into the animal world but making a straight jump from elephant to human seems a bit far-fetched to me.
So how is it that we have managed it?

It's an illusion. Our view of life and how it works I mean.

We are still discovering smaller and larger "parts of life", be it through cosmology or theoretical physics. Here is my take on it:

The smallest parts of life remain alive by clinging to more "life bits". A human being is no different then an elephant - a collection of the same bits.

It was never humans trying to not be extinct. It is the design of "life bits" to flexibly exist. The very design of our consciousness betrays our ability to perceive we are merely......flotsam and jetsam. But by design, our own intention affects something. Or are we led to believe it is by another intention?
Old 16-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Master

[quote=Three14]It's an illusion. Our view of life and how it works I mean.

We are still discovering smaller and larger "parts of life", be it through cosmology or theoretical physics. Here is my take on it:

The smallest parts of life remain alive by clinging to more "life bits". A human being is no different then an elephant - a collection of the same bits.

It was never humans trying to not be extinct. It is the design of "life bits" to flexibly exist. The very design of our consciousness betrays our ability to perceive we are merely......flotsam and jetsam. But by design, our own intention affects something. Or are we led to believe it is by another intention?[/QUOTE]

Well, that's like asking the question again. Nevertheless we can, as flotsam and jetsam still tell the difference between the end result of a collection of bits. A multitude of 'conditions' which have taken on a recognisable form and which in most cases have been given names - a chicken, an elephant, a tree. If it is our own intention to be a part of mankind and not part of elephantkind where lies the trigger? That's what interests me. Leaving Adam and Eve, genes, DNA and such aside.
The amount of choice we have at our disposal to even begin considering why we are human and not anything else is absolutely terrifying. There are so many belief systems that, in my opinion, there has to be a simple explanation that we haven't yet seen.
Old 16-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Guide
I would not be surprised if your current desire to be an elephant is perhaps your Animal Guide revealing itself to you.
Old 17-09-2016, 01:06 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
I would not be surprised if your current desire to be an elephant is perhaps your Animal Guide revealing itself to you.
Who said they wanted to be an elephant? ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If it is our own intention to be a part of mankind and not part of elephantkind where lies the trigger? That's what interests me.
This is where religion comes into play. Culture after culture has been trying to explain how we got in our meat suits, and the general consensus is that it was the will of an intelligent being, whether that being is us or a separate "god."

Science hasn't really touched on the issue much, since they have yet to substantiate (with their own idea of "truth") that humans even have a consciousness that exists independently of the body. So, no answers there, unfortunately.

The only option, in our current and limited understanding, is to pick a preexisting religious explanation, or develop our own. If we decide that there is order, then we can assign players (gods, etc.) to that order... if we decide on chaos, then we can accept that there is understanding to be had.

Then, when we die we figure it all out... perhaps to be reincarnated again with no memory so we can mull the question over again. ;)
Old 18-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

[quote=Busby]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three14
It's an illusion. Our view of life and how it works I mean.

It was never humans trying to not be extinct. It is the design of "life bits" to flexibly exist. The very design of our consciousness betrays our ability to perceive we are merely......flotsam and jetsam. But by design, our own intention affects something. Or are we led to believe it is by another intention?[/QUOTE]

Well, that's like asking the question again. Nevertheless we can, as flotsam and jetsam still tell the difference between the end result of a collection of bits. A multitude of 'conditions' which have taken on a recognisable form and which in most cases have been given names - a chicken, an elephant, a tree. If it is our own intention to be a part of mankind and not part of elephantkind where lies the trigger? That's what interests me. Leaving Adam and Eve, genes, DNA and such aside.
The amount of choice we have at our disposal to even begin considering why we are human and not anything else is absolutely terrifying. There are so many belief systems that, in my opinion, there has to be a simple explanation that we haven't yet seen.

You missed the point. What is recognizable to us is not to "them" at the smallest level. What is recognizable to elephants is not to us and vice versa. Unique forms of "them" may only be able to inhabit an elephant "apartement". From a quantum perspective, you are an elephant. Elephants just don't care - humans do and never have answers. I believe the answer to be so simple it is baffling.