Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Being entrenched in ' duality ' causes the thoughts which bring about negative/positive.
Yeah, 'duality' as opposed to Duality. But is it the thoughts that bring that about or are we really talking about like/dislike or accept/not accept?
Old 21-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Master
Vibration is an odd thing—as is the LOA.

I myself, have a very low vibration. And the reason for it is not so much my current attitude, as it is the refusal to follow my soul’s path, which involves a lot of letting go of earthly attachments. Music, normally something that raises vibration—lowers it for me, even though I love it dearly. As do several other things I do that are what I consider ‘karma neutral.’ Including being on this board and talking to people. That said, I’m aware this is probably a surface happiness—even though I’ve never experienced true happiness and thusly wouldn’t know the difference.

What causes a low or a high vibration is very individual and based on what kind of lessons the soul wants to learn.

Regarding the LoA, most of my good fortune in meeting people who have helped me on my journey, are there because some of the circumstances that were planned by my soul involve guidance from higher level souls. The majority of people I run into who are very good, kind, wise people. They may present themselves as not, have checkered pasts, but I can tell they are.

I guess I rambled a bit there but basically what gives you a higher vibration, is doing what your soul, at the soul level, truly enjoys and wants.
Old 21-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Yeah, 'duality' as opposed to Duality. But is it the thoughts that bring that about or are we really talking about like/dislike or accept/not accept?

It stems from our thoughts, our thoughts make our world and we become what we think.
Old 21-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
What causes a low or a high vibration is very individual and based on what kind of lessons the soul wants to learn.
What high or low vibration are is very subjective and individual and there is no 'Universal measure' of any kind. It's what people say it is and what I question is how much agenda is at play there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
I guess I rambled a bit there but basically what gives you a higher vibration, is doing what your soul, at the soul level, truly enjoys and wants.
You didn't ramble, you expressed.

Higher vibration is a misconception and frankly I don't think it's what you mean - not in this case anyway. Sometimes finding peace away from the conflicts and coming into an alignment with your Soul is much more meaningful than high vibrations, it certainly is for me. It's OK to kick back at your Soul because your Soul doesn't have anything close to the same 'mindset' as you, kicking back can be a part of the individuation process. Asserting yourself as an individual could well be just what the Soul wants, so while you think you're going your own way it may not be the case after all. Your way might well be the Soul's way - every way is the Soul's way.

We're going to get there either because of or despite ourselves, and if Spirituality is to be believed we're already there.
Old 21-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What is meant by mirroring is that people see in others what they see in themselves, to put it simply. How do you know you're at the highest vibration and people around you are at the lowest? Risking the chances of you slapping me, do you have a meter?

Thinking that the people around have the lowest vibrations - if you're going to mirror - means that you see low vibrations in you. Often people think they have high vibrations because they've packed their heads full of Spiritual stuff but that doesn't make you high vibration. Believe it or not, often thinking you have high vibrations is a 'cause' of low vibrations because you're thinking you're something you're not - call it Spiritual ego if you like, and it's actually a sign of judgement in you. Really, there's no objective way for anyone to tell who is high or low vibration, it's all guesswork and/or judgement.

Do yourself a favour and drop the whole idea of high/low vibration, because really all it'll do is keep your vibrations low. Learn from those with 'low vibrations' because really, low/high vibrations are just labels that will get in the way. When you start learning, becoming more aware, wiser, seeing/perceiving more.... your vibrations raise themselves when you become - become - high vibrational.

We all have a dark side or what Jung would call our 'Shadow Self', it's where the things we don't want to deal with get locked away and forgotten about but never get dealt with properly. Until the day they come back and bite us on the backside. Hiding them to be the epitome of some Spiritual ideal is not being self aware or enlightened.

Here's the biggest secret in Spirituality nobody will tell you; you are the answer looking for the question. Sometimes you have to keep digging away at yourself, or peel back the layers of the onion skin to finally reach the heart. For instance, what are the reasons - not why - you want high vibrations? If it's to make you a better person, what are the reasons you want to be a better person? Are you not good enough? Life has made you into a 'lesser mortal'? Does that mean self esteem is at an all-time low? If your self esteem is low, if you don't think you're a nice person that is what you'll reflect out into the Universe. That's what you'll see reflected in others - low vibration because not thinking very much of yourself is......

I never meant that I was in the highest vibration, as in the highest vibration available... I guess I mean, I feel that I am in a high vibration for me. In other words, what I mean by vibration, is that I feel very good and loving, maybe even excited to be doing what I am doing.
Maybe my understanding of what a vibration is, is just wrong. I take it to mean that when in a high vibration, I feel good.

You're right I shouldn't judge, and I try not to... but when I witness someone, for example, having a domestic abuse situation and beating their partner, or degrading their partner in front of 1000 people... I assume they do not exist at a very high vibration. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how someone on a "high vibration" would do that?
I use this as one example because I have ended up in a situation where I was camped by a couple just like this... after I felt very good and excited to be taking my daughter camping. I felt good, and ended up by a domestic abuse situation.
This is where my confusion over the mirror comes in, because this type of behavior is not something I would want to be or live, yet I'll end up by this? But maybe the loa is only people close to you, I don't know, because when I have listened to those explaining it, they never say.

It's not that I am looking for higher vibration or want a higher vibration, this is just what I experienced. Last summer when I did a lot of shadow work and confronted a lot of fears, and shadow side to myself, I experienced what I would call my vibration going up... Why? Because I felt better, and I no longer experienced depression that I am had off and on my whole life.

My self- esteem is actually at an all-time high, I no longer get these bouts of depression, I feel better and I am pursuing my mission in life (finally). Yet as SP stated, I don't feel that every person I encounter, nor necessarily those in my family are always displaying high vibration (I realize that's a judgement but I do relate to a lot of what SP said about family and random people). Also about not having anyone in my "real life" that is interested in spiritual things like I am.
Basically what I'm saying is, I do not buy this loa as it is portrayed by many on youtube and such, and I did go through a time where I watched these types of videos, but I think something is off in this teaching. Probably why I no longer watch many types of videos like this or listen to some of the people that I came across when I first stated going through my awakening. Although, I have found one or two people that I follow that I believe are very close to the truth, and now I stick mainly with them. A lot of "teachers" or "guru's" (whatever you want to call them) that I initially went through, I no longer have much interest in. Now I am much more interested in learning about Buddhism or Hinduism than loa, as I related more currently to the ideas of these. I no longer seek out teachings on loa.

When I raised my vibration or whatever it was, I wasn't looking to do that. I was just trying to put an end to patterns that I have that have caused myself pain. I did a lot of self- work to get there, and the vibration raise I experienced seemed to be an unexpected side- affect of the self- work.
But I can't ask a question anywhere about vibration without someone telling me that it means I have a low vibration.
I'm not claiming to be some guru or perfect in any way, I am by no means a spiritual expert and I still have a long way to go, and maybe my vibration is really low and I just don't realize it, but all I know is, it's much higher than it was before. I'm not really interested in raising it any higher at this point either, just continuing to learn.
Old 21-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi.

I can resonate with so much of what you say in regards to LOA and the general public, or the put out positivity and you will attract positive people jargon.

I am at a point in time where I am older and currently living with my parents, because of economical issues. That is to say two people in the household one of them my mother work full time, the rent is 1000+ a month and my monthly income is still needed to help with rent, and groceries and internet, power bill you get the idea.

Now I do not mind staying around so that we have a place to live all of us, however I currently am working on my own personal issues- Trying to be more positive and change negative thinking. Coming from a place of trying to be positive do I attract more positive people and situations- No. I attract the same thing every single day- someone is complaining again we are out of something, while someone else is screaming at the cat for getting up on the table, someone else is slamming the bathroom door behind them, the screaming gets louder- I am quietly in my room and personal space, I was just thinking about attempting a meditation or past life hypnosis session, I sit there in anger, thinking well what the expletive is the point? The screaming continues, someone sighs loudly with their attitude, I end up blowing my lid and walking (Fast, angry) out the bedroom door to go and Holler What The Hell's The Matter Now? To be met with "mind your business, we're talking" "quit slamming your feet", criticism and continued hollering.

Yep, I attracted all this alright, if LOA is my judge of what I attract I am on the low vibrational equivalent it seems of someone so vibrationally low as to upon dying be that 1% Judaism considers so bad off evil, to cease to exist.

According To LOA that is. Truth be told I am not this negative person all the spiritually inclined deem me as when they tell me to higher my vibrations.

And that is where I come from when I talk about being careful about how we perceive what vibratory or spiritual level another is actually on. We don't have any place to be the judge of that, I feel.

But I understand as well what you mean with the LOA and the like attracts like- I have an abundance of spiritual interests- I actually do not attract within my physical life others with the same interests. I instead have no one currently in my personal life I can have spiritual discussions with- One of the major reasons I come here.

With the general public, I notice many times all I see around me at the grocery store is these blank, straight faces- of people. I notice their actions, they walk quick, push their carts, in a mad like frenzy appearing not to realize they are plowing through the aisles and the center walk so fast as to almost run into me, walking slowly, reading the signs, and trying to ascertain which aisle an item is in. I also notice those two women whom are always at the store having a conversation with each other both of their carts pushed horizontally head to head with one another taking up the space of the whole aisle. I do not trust myself to go down these aisles, I go either side of the two women if I need something on either side of them. I know if I attempt to calmly walk up to them to ask if they could possibly move their carts it is going to possibly escape my lips as a scream.

I mean to say I never do this or these things, I am not the type to block an entire aisle with my cart talking to Anyone, you can be rest assured if I am attending the store with a friend we are there to pick something up, and are aware of how respectful we are being enough to have manners not to do that.

I never push my cart full speed walk in a shopping center- Children run off and into aisles and the center line often enough for me to be blatantly aware enough to not act in such manner.

So I understand fully where you come from here.

I do not consider my awareness level to be that of a gnat, yet whenever I am in public, the unaware mass of people walking into a store and letting the door close on the person leaving with a bag or box of glassware in their hands, the masses of unaware whom almost push their cart into a toddler because they walking through the store with the dead eye blank look deep in thought barely seeing enough to be aware of the next 2 feet in front of them or the blatant message they need to slow down.

Or the ladies with their nose to nose carts having idle chit chat about God knows what (I never even get close enough to hear- because I don't want to!) in the midst of the aisle in utter unawareness that yes- there are other people around them, some of which may need a can of tomatoes, they are blocking, asking them to please if they ever so could excuse someone should not even have to be necessary in this day in age with these mid 30s to 40s women whom absolutely should realize that is impolite behavior, and therefore actively try not to engage in it...

Let's just say, I don't think I have literally by the law of attraction feel I have attracted that to myself.

Unless of course by the law of attraction it is deemed my vibrations are so low that is what I am due of attracting. But then if my vibrations are so ultimately low, why is it I am aware in the first place that closing the store door on someone with full hands of bags and infant as you are leaving, is very wrong?

When you describe your family, it reminds me of my kids lol. I sometimes wonder the same thing about my kids, although I love them very much (I swear I do LOL).
Old 21-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
When you describe your family, it reminds me of my kids lol. I sometimes wonder the same thing about my kids, although I love them very much (I swear I do LOL).

They're the parents of myself, so they're older. So they're not my kids I feel they must think they are perhaps.

They're not constantly dysfunctional, just occasionally.
Old 21-01-2018, 08:34 PM
boshy b. good

Love and embrace and hold on to and hang on to the fire that engulfs
you for you are premium &' gossiped right. from above. human' being.

God : help, says people. help, says all.

boshy b. good : what it a good role.?

God : better.

Feels great. Lighted up lava and so on. Not much to do with rude.

Get Well soons, up and fust freely given.

Partly it's feeling at making the best possible.
Don't do that. We are not a waste of time.

Old 21-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
They're the parents of myself, so they're older. So they're not my kids I feel they must think they are perhaps.

They're not constantly dysfunctional, just occasionally.

My kids aren't dysfunctional all the time either, just enough to drive me just short of crazy LOL.

Thinking more on the subject of vibration though... My understanding of it (and once again, maybe this is just not correct), is that when you raise your vibration you do not function in (constant) states of lower emotions... such as jealously, hatred, fear, anger (although some anger can be productive, and some is justified).
So a person that has a raised vibration will begin to over-come being in these states of emotion. And when you do not function in lower- emotions, you do not need to behave in certain ways... such as abusing someone, bullying someone, degrading someone...
It's my understanding that a person with a higher vibration, would not feel the need to do these things.
So I'm talking more about behavior than specific negative statements. We all make negative statements sometimes (if we are being honest). And I think anger is an iffy one, because it can be used productive (if some things that are wrong didn't make us angry, we wouldn't bother to change them or stop them). So with anger, I'm talking about non- productive actions, or mis-directed anger.

What I understand of higher dimensions, is these lower emotions are over- come (as in the person would not experience them, as in over-coming jealously, or mis-directed anger, for example) and therefore, the vibration is higher.

This is what happened to me when I did a bunch of self- work, I began to over-come negative emotions. This caused a vibration raise (I think), but I didn't know that it would happen.

As for positive vs. negative... I don't care much about some negative statements (I look at it more as being honest), unless the person is needlessly negative towards another (as in bullying, for example). It's all about content, we all have our moments when we need to vent or feel down. So for me, it's not about only talking about positive things, or never making a "negative" statement. But I have met some people that get upset if you say something they perceive as negative, or talk about a subject they perceive as negative.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It stems from our thoughts, our thoughts make our world and we become what we think.
Our reality is defined by our perceptions, our perceptions are defined by our beliefs and our beliefs are defined by our definitions.