Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Experiencer
You could see a religion as a set of clothes. Wear them as long as they fit you.
Change them when you want something else.
Try anything that looks good to you.

Learn and behold the best of everything.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:15 AM
Seeker
I think the word "religion" is what's confusing you. I have ask the same question for many many years but it's not a religion I'm looking for ..I'm looking for my tribe and I cannot seem to find alike souls. I'm not a Wiccan, but some of their beliefs are so true, I have always thought I may be a light worker but I don't think light workers are earth bound. I followed Christianity until they said I was not a Christian due to my beliefs in the afterlife and my abalities. I just want to stand and scream "what the hell am I? A freak of nature? I'm an old soul which has just about all the Clair's . I am visited by spirits of souls that have passed on and I'm just about everything what a psychic is but still.. I love the light and balancing the darkness and light but I think I'm from earth. Am I totally alone?
Old 11-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioress
Am I totally alone?

Forget it. You are never alone.

Nice words Warrioress

There are always people like you somewhere else.
I feel alone sometimes, but I know spirits from the afterlife are with me in their own habitat. I am inspired by them whenever it's appropriate.

I read a nice quote somewhere the other day:
And
In the end
All I learned
Was how
To be strong
Alone

You build your liferock in the afterlife by surviving alone. It's very important to understand that being alone is very meaningful.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioress
I think the word "religion" is what's confusing you. I have ask the same question for many many years but it's not a religion I'm looking for ..I'm looking for my tribe and I cannot seem to find alike souls. Am I totally alone?

Warrioress,

Let me suggest that aloneness and communion with others are not incompatible. Aloneness, IMO, enables one to experience the highest degree of freedom.......i.e. one is not tied to the beliefs, obligations, expectations, etc. of a tribe, a group, a religion or whatever. If you look for a tribe and find it you will invariably sacrifice freedom to a measurable degree. John the Baptist affirmed his freedom by declaring...."I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness". Essentially this meant that he was divorcing himself from identification with any tribe, sect or religion. He was speaking as a free man.

How then can I assert that communion is compatible with aloneness? One's aloneness does not remove his responsibility to be his brother's keeper. When we answer the question of 'who is our brother?' we understand that everyone is our brother. Rather than identifying with a specific and limited group we are challenged to embrace all of humanity. In Christian terms this ability to embrace others is only possible with radical or unconditional forgiveness. This, as I have written elsewhere, is the 'cross' that Christians are implored to take up. If you tie yourself to a certain group you will give up your freedom and fall into group think. Group think accepts judgement of others and once this is accepted forgiveness will be verboten. One can participate in and join groups and it can be to their benefit but it must be done with the clarity and understanding that a higher principle is always in play and ultimately it must be protected and defended.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Suspended
Guide

Rosicrucian/Amorc ...
I find it beneficial to have guidance, support & be w/other like minded people for friendship ...
Old 07-02-2017, 04:50 AM
Newbie ;)

You don't have to follow any particular religion. If you trust in God that is more than enough.Just follow where you are most comfortable in.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Seeker

Sorry for the one-year delay. I have decided that I am an "spiritual seeker" (oooh, it coincides with my present status! haha) rather than a follower of any religion.

Thanks for the comment :)
Old 29-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Experiencer

Follow your own religion. Don't put a title on it. Religion was created to control. Stay free. Practice what you want to practice whenever you like!