Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Master
Shutting Off The Monkey Mind

Some weeks before,i was walking around town,trying to get tired enough,so i can access my subconsious and ask for some things bothering me for a long time.

When i returned home,i lied down and asked him why he doesn't respond to my questions,or what's blocking our contact.Also why i suffer that much from fear and intrusive thoughts.

I had an image of a monkey,and the impression that for some reason (he dind't told me),my consious mind is overactive,to the point that governs me,and i can't control it.Also i was told that it happens to many other people as well as the effect of the so called 'awakening'.

I went in vision,and i imagined my self going to the place that my monkey mind exists,with the intention to do something about it.

I imagined my self in a jungle,injecting tranquilizer to a monkey,until it droped down into deep sleep.

The exact moment,i felt peace,and my consiousness had moved into another state of trance.We had a clear chit chat with my self which lasted for almost 10 minutes.

So,for those who use visionary teqniques,that might be helpful.
See your monkey mind as a real monkey,and see your self going through a proccess of your choice,and put it to sleep.

Of course i couldn't hold my self,and the next time i used the same vision,but with the intention to kill it.
I saw my self entering inside the monkey (like Nio did to one of the agents at the matrix 1)shattering it to pieces,by a big explosion.

The moment i did that,i felt pain in my brain,my spine and stomach.Propably it wasn't a good idea,since i was doing it without my sub aid.
Old 24-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Master

I think that trying to kill your monkey mind was a really bad idea, it's like killing a deep part within yourself... What does the monkey mind represent to you, can't see you any purpose to it? What is that it is doing every single moment?

From what is shared with me from within, the monkey mind, as you call it, tries to make sense of its own existence by an endless review of all the experiences you had, have and possible could have. Then it uses these experiences to create an image about itself, it only searches for one thing, the answer to a very deep question, probably the greatest question: who am I?

I am this, I am that, I like this, I like that, I hate this, I hate that, I love this, I love that, I am not this, I am beautiful, I am ugly, I am smart, I am stupid, on and on and on... It goes from past, to present to future, and again and again.. on and on...

The monkey mind will find its peace when it will find that answer.. why do you think the monkey mind fades away when you meditate?

The monkey mind is you, the ego is also you, they are not bad things and neither good things, they just are. The "I am" you identify with it's only an image and its built with the help of this monkey mind and the help of the ego.
Old 24-05-2020, 06:28 PM
Master
I was told that the tingling at the top of the head,is the consious mind getting triggered by my own power.For me it's extremely difficult to find a way to stop it.(those who're on the same page,know what i'm talking about).

Fortunately i have some teqniques to slow things down,but i don't like the idea to call on this or that force,every two hours.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Master

My opinion is that it matters what you believe. If you believe that tranquilizing an imaginary monkey will quiet your mind, than that'll happen to some extent. If you're afraid that killing the imaginary monkey might have a negative effect, then you'll experience it somehow.

You believe that walking until you get tired allows you to get in touch with your subconscious, and have a Q&A session. You actually go through range of states of consciousness, and some of them are suitable for access to your inner source of knowledge. Not targeting that state purposefully, makes it unlikely to hit its optimum, and also takes longer time and effort.

I learned self-hypnosis, from books, and I use it to enter a trance state in a matter of seconds now. It takes a little practice to acquire the belief in what you're doing. Once you get in a light trance you can give direct commands to your subconscious what to do.

I make a distinction between my subconscious and my inner guide. My subconscious is a very powerful part of my personality. It is the one that creates my reality, co-creating our mass reality with all the other subconsciouses, but it isn't an wise adviser. It is a doer, not a thinker.

For guidance and knowledge I contact an inner guide, who is a specialized teacher that guides several other personalities, besides mine. Once in a light trance i ask my subconscious to open an optimized connection between my conscious and my inner guide. Then I can have a Q&A with my inner guide.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I think that trying to kill your monkey mind was a really bad idea, it's like killing a deep part within yourself... What does the monkey mind represent to you, can't see you any purpose to it? What is that it is doing every single moment?

From what is shared with me from within, the monkey mind, as you call it, tries to make sense of its own existence by an endless review of all the experiences you had, have and possible could have. Then it uses these experiences to create an image about itself, it only searches for one thing, the answer to a very deep question, probably the greatest question: who am I?

And yet the answer to the question Who am I? is found when the mind is still.

We are not the mind. We simply use the mind and we experience mind one thought at a time. If we rest in the space between thoughts then we get a glimpse of our true nature.

Peace
Old 24-05-2020, 09:44 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And yet the answer to the question Who am I? is found when the mind is still.

We are not the mind. We simply use the mind and we experience mind one thought at a time. If we rest in the space between thoughts then we get a glimpse of our true nature.

Peace

Even rest in that space outside thought where we are our true nature and when thought is present, experiencing thought just like we experience the mind's construct of external reality.

So in my experience meditation first reveals that space between thoughts where we first get a glimpse of our true nature and once that's realized there exists the possibility to rest in that same space even when thoughts are present and simply be the witness of thought, even be the witness of ego appropriating ownership and doership.
Old 24-05-2020, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
My opinion is that it matters what you believe. If you believe that tranquilizing an imaginary monkey will quiet your mind, than that'll happen to some extent. If you're afraid that killing the imaginary monkey might have a negative effect, then you'll experience it somehow.

You believe that walking until you get tired allows you to get in touch with your subconscious, and have a Q&A session. You actually go through range of states of consciousness, and some of them are suitable for access to your inner source of knowledge. Not targeting that state purposefully, makes it unlikely to hit its optimum, and also takes longer time and effort.

I learned self-hypnosis, from books, and I use it to enter a trance state in a matter of seconds now. It takes a little practice to acquire the belief in what you're doing. Once you get in a light trance you can give direct commands to your subconscious what to do.

I make a distinction between my subconscious and my inner guide. My subconscious is a very powerful part of my personality. It is the one that creates my reality, co-creating our mass reality with all the other subconsciouses, but it isn't an wise adviser. It is a doer, not a thinker.

For guidance and knowledge I contact an inner guide, who is a specialized teacher that guides several other personalities, besides mine. Once in a light trance i ask my subconscious to open an optimized connection between my conscious and my inner guide. Then I can have a Q&A with my inner guide.
My visionary skills are another subject,but trust me,has nothing to do with beliefs and expectations.Most likely it's the result of chakra work.(third eye)
I've donne dangerous experiments by landing on the sun's surface and almost fried my self and my nervous system.Not only it was real,but i could smell 'burnt' all around me.

Anyway.

if i want to reach a part of mine that exists in my mind,i have to know-or at least imagine how it looks(for me).From that point,i can manipulate it (in some extent)but in order to do this properly and with satisfied results,i noticed that i have to be fully relaxed,and have my physical body 'tired'.

Most of those who're into number patterns (11:11) know what it means to be stressed and have your mind working like crazy.It produces fear,intrusive thoughts,and plenty of other unwanted side effects.

Physical exercise is a good way to lower your brainwaves.Once again i don't think it's a matter of belief.You get tired,your physical body starts to become heavy,and somehow the mind follows as well.

I can hypnotize my self and get into relaxation,but it's not the correct state i need to be.And not to mention the stress i feel about my everyday needs.
On the other hand,i have also the poltergeist activity.Everyday,every hour,every minute,wherever i go,i allways hear cracks and thuds.

Maybe i have to find something that works for me,cause my case it's not normal.
Old 24-05-2020, 11:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
... i have to find something that works for me ...
I wholeheartedly agree!

What I meant to suggest is that the less you assume (know / believe) when you get into such experiences, the less you distort your experience, because whatever we think (expect, fear, etc.) we create, and we perceive.

Regarding the best state for each kind of psychic experience ... My approach is that I don't know which that state is, how it feels, how to best get at it, so what I do I get in a generic light trance state, and ask my subconscious for help. I ask it to put my in the optimum trance for whatever I want to do (contact my inner guide, or get out of body, or project into a probable reality, or into a probable past, etc. etc.).

This takes also care of the fact that I don't start my experiences always from the same state.

Initially, more of curiosity and interest, now informatively, after I ask for an optimum trance I test my trance depth (from 1 to 100%), and my brainwave frequency (in Hz). Each kind of experience has its optimum trance depth, and its optimum brainwave frequency, and they aren't proportional.

Looking at the numbers I get from the perspective of each specific psychic experience, they actually make sense. I looked at the data after I collected it, I didn't rationalize it before getting it.

In fact, I avoid to rationalize any information I get from my experiences, and I recorded it raw, immediately after each experience.

And, again, I wholeheartedly agree, that everybody should find whatever works best for them.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-05-2020, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I wholeheartedly agree!

What I meant to suggest is that the less you assume (know / believe) when you get into such experiences, the less you distort your experience, because whatever we think (expect, fear, etc.) we create, and we perceive.

Regarding the best state for each kind of psychic experience ... My approach is that I don't know which that state is, how it feels, how to best get at it, so what I do I get in a generic light trance state, and ask my subconscious for help. I ask it to put my in the optimum trance for whatever I want to do (contact my inner guide, or get out of body, or project into a probable reality, or into a probable past, etc. etc.).

This takes also care of the fact that I don't start my experiences always from the same state.

Initially, more of curiosity and interest, now informatively, after I ask for an optimum trance I test my trance depth (from 1 to 100%), and my brainwave frequency (in Hz). Each kind of experience has its optimum trance depth, and its optimum brainwave frequency, and they aren't proportional.

Looking at the numbers I get from the perspective of each specific psychic experience, they actually make sense. I looked at the data after I collected it, I didn't rationalize it before getting it.

In fact, I avoid to rationalize any information I get from my experiences, and I recorded it raw, immediately after each experience.

And, again, I wholeheartedly agree, that everybody should find whatever works best for them.
I grab things from your posts.For example i didn't know that calling my guides to put me in trance can work.But i can't do it anytime anywhere.Still i have to find a way to get into a light trance before that,and there's allways a constant feeling of fear and stress,running in the background.I ignore it,but i can feel it's there.(Also i'm not sure if the trance state i can reach is a light or a heavy one).

For example let's say that you want to manifest money.How can i tell my subconsious to put me in the correct trance state?I mean what the wording would be?

Last edited by lomax : 25-05-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 25-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Cat

What I was advised and it works very well --is to talk to the mind,
trick it actually, by saying,
''You can think about these things as much as you want LATER! Right now, I'm resting - gonna drift off into meditation."

It works well, for me.

Another thing I was taught (by Indian teachers, btw) that also works super well - He said,
"If your mind must talk...then say this, 'I know You are there Lord - You are hiding...I will sit and wait for You to show Yourself..."
Smiling.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru