Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-05-2020, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
it seems to me after a time, say a googolduplex years even Existence, Consciousness, Bliss has to get old!

The bliss we get to is not a mere dopamine or serotonin trigger. It’s is a transcendental attribute in permanence, unaffected by the external.

Of course this is not to say that self existent bliss ( renewing in new hues continuously ) is all there may be to it. As is said, though complete in itself, bliss is but one of the limbs of Shiva, others being power, will, awareness and creativity, in fullness and completeness.

Old 21-05-2020, 09:12 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The bliss we get to is not a mere dopamine or serotonin trigger. It’s is a transcendental attribute in permanence, unaffected by the external.

Of course this is not to say that self existent bliss ( renewing in new hues continuously ) is all there may be to it. As is said, though complete in itself, bliss is but one of the limbs of Shiva, others being power, will, awareness and creativity, in fullness and completeness.

If Existence, Consciousness, Bliss were enough would we be here posting in this forum?

Maybe I'm all wet but I had an insight some time back when I was more actively practicing loving-kindness and compassion meditations.

One always starts the practice directed at one's self then moves outwards to a loved one, a friend, a respected one, an acquaintance, a difficult one, everyone, all existence.

Extend not only love but also compassion to God. Inherent in that is association. Companionship. Friendship.

And from a perspective of non-duality the last extension (to all existence) completes the circle back to the first (one's Self). The One experiencing Itself the only way It can - through the many.
Old 21-05-2020, 11:57 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Sounds like a bit of tail-chasing, doesn't it? LOL!

That last bit about can the One ever be aware without the multiplicity...

Advaita posits during deep sleep Consciousness doesn't cease. The mind is in a state of deep sleep and is not processing external stimulus nor is it dreaming, however the One consciousness is still there and it is aware. So for It it's not an absence of experience but an experience of absence.
Yes, tail chasing, in that and other pursuits, hence the avatar. Pretty sure it was a tail that was whacking me up along side the head as I wrote that post, but I can't be sure if it was mine.
Perhaps this Advaita dude is right, perhaps he was smoking bongs with Jesus over in the Christianity forum? But the thing about such posits is that I don't really know what is going on when I am in deep sleep. Heck I don't even remember the majority of my dreams. Perhaps I am experiencing the absence of I. Wait....who is experiencing the absence of I? Anyway, if so, then I can't tell you about my experience, as I was not there.

Dough! There is the stupid tail again! I will get it this time!
Old 21-05-2020, 12:09 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Okay, so this is my personal take and it's an intuitive one. So Brahman is Existence, Consciousness, Bliss. Sounds like a good deal forever in bliss, but it seems to me after a time, say a googolduplex years even Existence, Consciousness, Bliss has to get old!

By the way, I see that bliss as just a steady and unchanging state of content being. An experience of absence because anything to experience is absent. The face cannot see itself without the mirror.

Hence the multiplicity and an associated multiplicity of experiences and from all the unique points of view of the multiplicity. Sounds like a fun game.
It does sound like a fun game. Of course, after a googolduplex perhaps even it gets old. Then what? Back to bliss for a googolduplex? How long does it take before this back and forth starts getting old?

Stupid Eternity! It ruins every good time!

P.S. For extra credit: How does a face see?
Old 21-05-2020, 01:02 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It does sound like a fun game. Of course, after a googolduplex perhaps even it gets old. Then what? Back to bliss for a googolduplex? How long does it take before this back and forth starts getting old?

Stupid Eternity! It ruins every good time!

P.S. For extra credit: How does a face see?

This is where it starts to get "interesting" so please fasten your seatbelt and place your tray table in the upright and locked position.

There are the Many Worlds and Eternal Inflation theories and physicists, even those who grudgingly acknowledge the possibility, are deeply unsettled by them. You're probably familiar with the concept of the universe being fine-tuned for reality as we know it? That is there are constants and if any one of them were slightly different the laws of physics and the universe would be very different. Not so much with Many Worlds but with Eternal Inflation it's not only possible but more likely than not that other universes have differing constants due to initial causal condition.

In essence their life's work hasn't even begun to scratch the surface of Ultimate Reality. Very humbling indeed!

How many games are there to play? How many can be conceived and brought into being by Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent intelligence and creativity?

And us poor little finite and mortal beings are left dumbfounded and with more questions the deeper we dig. Oh, when will it ever end? LOL!

What's the answer to the question of Life, the Universe and Everything? 42!
Old 21-05-2020, 01:37 PM
ketzer

Quote:
This is where it starts to get "interesting" so please fasten your seatbelt and place your tray table in the upright and locked position.

There are the Many Worlds and Eternal Inflation theories and physicists, even those who grudgingly acknowledge the possibility, are deeply unsettled by them. You're probably familiar with the concept of the universe being fine-tuned for reality as we know it? That is there are constants and if any one of them were slightly different the laws of physics and the universe would be very different. Not so much with Many Worlds but with Eternal Inflation it's not only possible but more likely than not that other universes have differing constants due to initial causal condition.

In essence their life's work hasn't even begun to scratch the surface of Ultimate Reality. Very humbling indeed!

How many games are there to play? How many can be conceived and brought into being by Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent intelligence and creativity?

And us poor little finite and mortal beings are left dumbfounded and with more questions the deeper we dig. Oh, when will it ever end? LOL!

What's the answer to the question of Life, the Universe and Everything? 42!
Careful now! Start talking like that and they will lock you up with the rest of us crazy everettians.
I think perhaps those baffling constants might just be the specifications for fine tuning ones infinite improbability drive to get it to take one where they want to, or need to go.
I like 42 for an answer, but perhaps you could clarify the question?

Old 21-05-2020, 01:53 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I like 42 for an answer, but perhaps you could clarify the question?

Before arrival of the Vogon Constructor Fleet? LOL!

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me, (with big yawning)
As plurdled gabbleblotchits, in midsummer morning
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles, grumbling
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and stipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles,mashurbitries.
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!
Old 21-05-2020, 05:38 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Before arrival of the Vogon Constructor Fleet? LOL!

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me, (with big yawning)
As plurdled gabbleblotchits, in midsummer morning
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles, grumbling
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and stipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles,mashurbitries.
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!
Hey now, this is a G rated family forum you know. I think I am offended and I don't even have any idea what was just said. This whole post should probably be censured. Or at least marked for flagrant flagrancy.
Old 21-05-2020, 05:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Hey now, this is a G rated family forum you know. I think I am offended and I don't even have any idea what was just said. This whole post should probably be censured. Or at least marked for flagrant flagrancy.

LOL!

Here's an aide to guide one to realization, and with that realization an appreciation for the "beauty" *cough, cough, choke* of Vogon poetry will blossom.

https://youtu.be/Ku8cCrdh4Ic
Old 23-05-2020, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Well, if all is One and One is Consciousness then it's all a play of Consciousness being conscious of Itself. So the One subject is always observing Its many manifestations and Its many manifestations always being observed by the One subject through Its many manifestation.

There, I've solved collapse of the wave function. LOL!

Jesus's 'solution' was word-expressed this way: "(At that day ye shall know that" I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (John 14)

He emphasized the 'Spirit'ual aspect of Being, not the 'Conscious' aspect as much, though - as in "The hour cometh, and now is, when the 'true' (reality conscious?) worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in 'truth': for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in 'truth'." (John 4)