Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Enya

Go research herbalism and courses... find the reputable ones which give you experience with patients and a diploma or equivalent at the end. (I think Napier's College, UK is one of the best regarded) Do your homework and get armed with information, testimonials and every fact needed to convince a sceptical parent. Let her see you are *serious* about this.
Old 23-03-2011, 05:41 AM
lynnwhiteowl

I think if you have a great opportunity to learn and do good for other people in this field...take it with both hands and learn all you can...i had the good fortune to work with a herbalist who was also a chemist and I learnt a lot...but I wished that I had studied Herbalism and got a degree....I still use what I have learned to help myself, hubbie and family and friends but can't help others for legal reasons ...this day and age you need to be quailified...If you are young and interested in this field 'GO FOR IT' and blessings P.S 'HEALTH THROUGH GOD'S PHARMACY' is a good herbal book if you can get hold of it.
Old 23-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery
I told my mom I wanted to become a herbalist and she said it was a joke

-.-

Research it and find authentic material. The chinese made a complete science out of it, but in this new age spiritual movement there are lots of crackpots selling snakeoil... so keep it real and be scientific.
Old 23-03-2011, 06:35 AM
tooty~frooty

Book1 Random Spiritual Insight - Herbalist Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery
I told my mom I wanted to become a herbalist and she said it was a joke

-.-

Ellos Kim,

Me not sure about how effective your mum's intuition is. Sometimes parents are used as tools/mediums to convey your life purpose. If she finds your goals funny either it is not right for you to pursue it or it is not time yet?

Maybe you need to go through formal education and then use herbalism as a side career? But if you do believe in psychic insights I am thinking of your issue and asking the Universe a simple question.

Is it the right age to pursue herbalism professionally? - I get the word "greeting" which in this context ought to mean - greet this aspect of your career with open arms?

But still your mother's ridicule of your earnest hopes is a factor which you must not neglect.

Maybe you have harboured a dream - "I'd like to be a very good or reputed or much liked herbalist in my profession"

Sometimes some of us tend to want this dream to manifest from the start. Like within the first 3 years of the beginning of establishing a career after graduating.

Maybe, this sort of a subconscious want is limiting your scope for contentment. The bigger your dreams and ambitions the bigger price one has to pay? If you could affirm this calmly - "I am open to a content yet gradual experience as a herbalist" - "I am willing to stay happy and centred with just enough joys at the start of my career".

Think, this might help!?

Greeting could also mean, the tittle doctor, master, or bachelor, etc. I feel you need to pursue this profession as a side-career. A diploma would be much better than a proper Bachelor or Master or a Doctor's degree at this age.

By the time you reach the age 25 or if you are in teens, say another 7 years you will have spiritually reached the proper age to study higher levels of herb-related courses.

Old 26-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Ascender

What do you do when your a herbalist?
Old 26-03-2011, 05:36 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooty~frooty
Sometimes parents are used as tools/mediums to convey your life purpose.

And sometimes, they are just being plain mean... or jealous.
Old 22-04-2011, 12:24 PM
purple_orbs

Honestly, I would always follow your passions in life. So many people deny themselves because of what "Soceity" thinks or defines what they should do. So, they do something else, they are miserable every day of their life working at a job they hate.

Please explore your options and follow your heart. Denying your true self is only going to hurt yourself in the long run!

Hugs and Best of luck to pursuing your DREAMS! I for one, am very encouraging to you! <3
Old 22-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Master
it is a great idea go for it
Old 23-04-2011, 09:00 PM
The Lost Seafarer

You shouldn't have to justify your dreams or ambitions to anyone, including your mother. If you have a real passion for it then you should go for it. But you shouldn't let someone else's opinions influence your own, life's too short for that.
Of course, if you are still living at home then I know full well how hard it can be when your parents are less than impressed with your career aspirations. I'm ages with you and am just about to complete an acting diploma - and I can tell you my father wasn't best pleased when I revealed what I was going to be studied!
But I did what made me happy at the time and that's the best thing I could have done.
Do what makes you happy; what is your bliss
Old 24-04-2011, 08:16 PM
soulwholeness

l don't think it's stupid, l went ahead and got a degree in the subject :)