Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Deactivated Account

sending & receiving energy

I seem to recall something about using the left or the right hand, either for sending or receiving energy... I just can't remember which is for which ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Experiencer
In pranic healing, you can receive and send energy from whichever hand. However, we're usually told to use our "strong" hand (the right one if we're right-handed, left one if we're left-handed) to send the energy that we receive with our "weaker" hand, because it's usually easier for beginners... but it really doesn't matter.
A really odd ex of mine who was into lithotherapy once told me that his left hand was for receiving and right hand for sending. Hence he adapted the cristals he was wearings as rings to receiving on the left hand, and to sending on the right hand. Not sure if it is wise to give him much credit, though

Instagram: Prananina
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Ninoushka, such a cool sounding name !

yes, now that you mention it, I think I heard the same thing sending with the right hand.

shhhh, we won't mention giving him the credit, lol

Expect Miracles !

Old 07-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Master

I receive with my left and send with my right. However, this usually has any relevance if I work with crystals or other physical items. Then I hold the crystal with my left if I want it to affect me, and I hold it in my right when I want it to affect someone or something else. It feels right, but I think its main effect is what boost it gives my intent.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Master
I also have heard receiving with left, sending with right, but I'm sure it does depend on which is the dominant hand.

I keep remembering, too, when I researched the temporal lobe. The left temporal lobe is concerned with "established memory, facts, known people" and the right with "new knowledge, information, input". I don't exactly know how this is related, but it would seem to be reversed.

But I do experience the right temporal lobe as the seat of "new knowledge" as I feel it vibrating at certain times. I don't feel anything in the left temporal lobe.

Anyone else feel things there?

Isle - Lora
Old 07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Yamah

Spiritual handedness has no relation to physical handedness. I'm a physical lefty but spiritual righty and I've known a couple physical righties who were spiritual lefties. Generally speaking the right is for giving and the left for controlling (including receiving) but it isn't always the case. I don't know the exact statistics but it's probably similar to that of physical handedness. If in doubt check it out yourself.

A simple experiment: clasp your hands together and create an energy cycle by pushing energy out of one hand and into the other. The direction you instinctively attempt to cycle in is probably your handedness. Nonetheless, try it in both directions and see which is more comfortable for you.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Experiencer
So it confirms what I was thinking: there is no dogma as for what hand is supposed to send or receive. To be honest, I felt more confortable in the beginning sending with right and receiving with left, but it quickly faded. Sometimes during healings, I need to send with left and receive with right (just so my position is more comfortable and I don't have to twist myself) and it works just fine and feels as powerful. Better yet, I learned to draw prana not though the hands but through abdominal breathing, which allows me to project energy on my patients with both hands.

Off topic > DreamAngel thank you for the compliment on my screen name: that's how my mom used to call me when I was little - wait, she still calls me this way lol!

Instagram: Prananina
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Ninoushka, totally ok to be off topic , cute nickname, thanks to your mom !

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Deactivated Account

White Warrior, Lora and Yamah,

Interesting additions, working with crystal, connections to the temporal lobes and who would have guessed ... there is physical handedness and spiritual handedness ? And here I thought it was just a simple right or left question.

Thanks for your replies !

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Dream Angel,

Related in a way, just more in the stew - In some Eastern meditation - the right palm can lay on your lap to
''receive'' - while the left hand touches the ground for the
''negative '' energy to go out or pass thru and out.
(Notice in some statues or pictures.)

Left side in general is said to be for releasing - I remember that because that is
the side of our descending colon.
It has been "said" we receive on the right, let go on the left.
I'm not saying that though... just more input.

My take, God or the Holy Spirit or Universal Energy is everywhere - there is nowhere where It is not!
It makes absolutely no difference at all which side or hand one uses -
in fact you can heal someone with no hands at all!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru