Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 18-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Deactivated Account
spider symbolism?

Can seeing spiders symbolise something about my life or is this pure co-incidence? As some of you know and I won't go into again, I'm going through a profound change after a series of losses and entering a new phase of my life. I've also been experiencing a lot of equipment failure in my house!

Coming back to spiders, it started a few nights ago when I was feeling ill during the night and I hallucinated a spider running over my sheets. I leapt out of bed, yelled and frantically shook myself and the sheets before waking up to full consciousness and realising I'd dreamed or imagined it.

Then on Thursday morning I walked into my bathroom to find a dead spider lying at the bottom of my bath. I have problems getting the plug out of the bath due to the chain being lost, so I often have to wait until the water cools down before I can remove it. This can sometimes mean the next day if I bath late. This was what happened here. I managed to remove the plughole and used the shower head to swish the spider's corpse down the plughole. I then put the plug back in (I often do this as a percaution. I'm not spider phobic but don't like them).

Then today the same thing happened! I walked into the bathroom after having to leave the bath water in and there was a different spider lying dead! I can swear it wasn't there when I'd had a bath. Maybe it climbed up a slight gap in the plughole but it was a fair size and surely they wouldn't walk up into water? I suppose another spider could have dropped into the bath from the ceiling but a) I didn't notice one last night, and b) this has never happened before in the 3 years I've lived in my house, never mind twice in a week!

Am I reading too much into this or do spiders mean something?
Old 18-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Can seeing spiders symbolise something about my life or is this pure co-incidence? As some of you know and I won't go into again, I'm going through a profound change after a series of losses and entering a new phase of my life. I've also been experiencing a lot of equipment failure in my house!

Coming back to spiders, it started a few nights ago when I was feeling ill during the night and I hallucinated a spider running over my sheets. I leapt out of bed, yelled and frantically shook myself and the sheets before waking up to full consciousness and realising I'd dreamed or imagined it.

Then on Thursday morning I walked into my bathroom to find a dead spider lying at the bottom of my bath. I have problems getting the plug out of the bath due to the chain being lost, so I often have to wait until the water cools down before I can remove it. This can sometimes mean the next day if I bath late. This was what happened here. I managed to remove the plughole and used the shower head to swish the spider's corpse down the plughole. I then put the plug back in (I often do this as a percaution. I'm not spider phobic but don't like them). Therefore, the intensity I am out-putting, manifests itself quickly in ugly ways.

Then today the same thing happened! I walked into the bathroom after having to leave the bath water in and there was a different spider lying dead! I can swear it wasn't there when I'd had a bath. Maybe it climbed up a slight gap in the plughole but it was a fair size and surely they wouldn't walk up into water? I suppose another spider could have dropped into the bath from the ceiling but a) I didn't notice one last night, and b) this has never happened before in the 3 years I've lived in my house, never mind twice in a week!

Am I reading too much into this or do spiders mean something?

How spider phobic are you on a scale of 1 to 5?
I am spider phobic and I've noticed over the years then when I'm frustrated, anxious and upset to a high degree, spiders start appearing in my life. I can only figure that my chaotic energy at these times triggers my worst nightmares...and one of those is spiders. Could be a clue?
Old 18-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Master
Oh spiders. I don't mind spiders so much but worry about them getting in my ears. Eugh. I hate walking through there homes - that really does freak me out.

Anyway - from a animal totem website

Creativity and Weaver of Fate

A spider totem teaches you balance --

between past and future, physical and spirit, male and female.
She is strength and gentleness combined.
She awakens creative sensibilities

and reminds you that the past is always interwoven with the future.

Spiders are the keepers of the primordial alphabet

and can teach you how to write creatively.
Her body is shaped like the number 8 and she has 8 legs,
which is symbol of infinite possibilities of creation.
Her 8 legs represent the 4 winds of change and the 4 directions of the medicine wheel.

Spider's message is that you are an infinite being who will continue

to weave patterns of life and living throughout time.
Do not fail to see the eternal plan of creation.

Those who weave magic with the written word usually have this totem.

Old 18-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Nighspirit - well I wouldn't say I'm particularly spider phobic really. I don't like them and wouldn't touch them, but I'm not afraid to the point of thinking about them everyday. If I see one I try to get rid of it. They don't dominate my life. I have no idea why I hallcinated one the other night because I have far worse fears. I don't like flying insects near me so it's possible it got tangled up in my mind.

Ces - great info, thanks. It sounds like spiders are to do with change and creativity again. Interesting.

I've washed this latest spider away so here's hoping I don't find another!
Old 18-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Master
If you do find a new spider maybe just ask him to leave? Something like "Hello spider, its very nice of you to visit however I would like you to leave my home - thanks". I'm being serious and definintely not joking.
Old 18-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Deactivated Account
I will do Ces but the problem is the ones I've seen so far are drowned in my bath!
Old 18-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Master
ces, would that spider totem information apply to 8's (numerology) too do you think?

Old 18-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't have much knowledge of numerology - would be interested in your response Ces!

I keep jumping at anything that looks even vaguely like it could be a spider! Keep this up and I'll end up manifesting one anyhow...grrr. Although going by the information perhaps that would be a good thing!
Old 18-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator
Hello

Here is a bit on Spider I have....

SPIDER

* Wisdom, creativity, new life

* Be cautious you are involved in a tempting but entangling situation

* Bringing in divine inspiration and creativity

SUPERSTITIONS

* There is an old saying “ If you wish to live and thrive, let a Spider run alive”

* If you see a spider spinning its web, you will get new cloths

Lynn
Old 19-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for that Lynn, very helpful. I feel instinctively that there is some sort of symbolism in seeing so many spiders in such a short space of time. I wonder if it's partly my sense of entrapment (in grief) yet re-birth, in with the new, sort of thing. It certainly matches what is happening with my equipment failures at the moment. Interesting.