Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Master
The complete Freudian aspect of spirituality.

So. After many years of soul searching and spiritual travels I have come to some sort of answer for myself. Spiritual happiness does not really depend upon being in touch with God, or other people. What it seems to depend upon is ones own relationship with oneself.

This talk of I AM is very relevant to spirituality because it indicates that it is our own self which is the subject of the spiritual endeavor. We could love God or other people with all our heart but if we don't like our own self then we will be unhappy.

The talk of the Universal I AM and the Inner I AM tells us that we need to be at peace with our own self in order to be happy. That is what I have found to be true. Funnily enough Freud and Jung proposed such ideas in the West many years ago. It is the basis of modern psychotherapy.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So. After many years of soul searching and spiritual travels I have come to some sort of answer for myself. Spiritual happiness does not really depend upon being in touch with God, or other people. What it seems to depend upon is ones own relationship with oneself.

This talk of I AM is very relevant to spirituality because it indicates that it is our own self which is the subject of the spiritual endeavor. We could love God or other people with all our heart but if we don't like our own self then we will be unhappy.

The talk of the Universal I AM and the Inner I AM tells us that we need to be at peace with our own self in order to be happy. That is what I have found to be true. Funnily enough Freud and Jung proposed such ideas in the West many years ago. It is the basis of modern psychotherapy.

In your previous post you stated you cannot be happy without christ in your life, what has made you change your mind ?
You are right, unless your at peace you will never be happy because happiness comes from within and if within is in turmoil then it's impossible.
It's good to hear you have found YOUR happiness, enjoy it
Old 12-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
In your previous post you stated you cannot be happy without christ in your life, what has made you change your mind ?

Christ found my real identity amongst all the chaos. But happiness still eludes me. I'm not sure Christ brings me happiness, but He does give Himself. Happiness seems to be up to me.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Master

I believe that happiness is difficult to achieve and sustain. Aim to be peaceful and serene through acceptance!

Would you care to explain your signature about humility, pride, and humiliation? (wiki: "Humiliation is the abasement of pride, which creates mortification or leads to a state of being humbled or reduced to lowliness or submission. It is an emotion felt by a person whose social status, either by force or willingly, has just decreased.")
Old 12-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that happiness is difficult to achieve and sustain. Aim to be peaceful and serene through acceptance!

Would you care to explain your signature about humility, pride, and humiliation? (wiki: "Humiliation is the abasement of pride, which creates mortification or leads to a state of being humbled or reduced to lowliness or submission. It is an emotion felt by a person whose social status, either by force or willingly, has just decreased.")

As happiness is a state of mind by changing the way you think helps.
' You become what you think '
Old 13-11-2017, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

My signature is a take on "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

"The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation". My deep feelings are that the Universe is keyed into metaphysical Pride. In fact Pride is one of the cornerstones of reality and led to our 'Fall' etc.

Old 13-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Master

[quote=inavalan]I believe that happiness is difficult to achieve and sustain. Aim to be peaceful and serene through acceptance!

QUOTE]

inavalan,

I agree. Happiness seems to me to be an elusive and unrealistic goal. The root word of 'happiness' is 'happens'. Thus the state of happiness, at root, is dependent on things that happen. This is something that is beyond our control. We can only react to things that happen and if these very things are unpleasant the only way we can experience happiness is to ignore these things or seek to isolate ourselves from them.

The scriptures command us "to praise God in all things". What does this mean and how can we do this? How do we praise God in all things that happen and have gratitude for these circumstances? It can only be in our reaction to them and how we respond to them. I would suggest that we view these unpleasant happenings as a learning experience for us that should help to elicit a response of empathy and compassion from this. When we respond in this way we are encouraging love and inviting the experience of love to fill us rather than anger or hate or other negative emotions. Love is the essence of God. We reconnect to God with this proper reaction when happenstance is beyond our control. In short, I am suggesting that we seek to live our lives with gratitude rather than to be desirous of happiness(dependent on good things happening). I know this might appear to be a fine line so I hope someone can understand or consider this.
Old 13-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Well spoken and reflected, as usual, Molearner.

I have met quite a few people who are genuinely quite joyful at the same time - Light Beings - you can feel their Light, but I don't doubt that gratitude is the way. Thank you.