Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-12-2012, 01:41 AM
vivid dreamer

What method do YOU use for AP/OBE?

Hello all! I am fascinated with Astral Projection/Out of Body Experiences. I have read up on SEVERAL methods that people have used and I find just about all of them pretty difficult. Even though I have a pretty good imagination, I find it difficult to focus on visualization techniques. One of the techniques I've been trying is the dream conversion, which basically is that you have to try to become aware that you are dreaming while it is happening and try to leave your body then. As my name suggests, I have frequent and vivid dreams but I have a hard time telling myself to leave my body in my dream because I am too wrapped up in my dream.

I only achieved the vibrational stage once... and it was on accident and I believe it happened because I was on a messed up sleep schedule. I obviously cannot count on this method regularly lol.

What method works the best for you?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:47 AM
InCarna

i don't really use methods or anything lol, i just sort of go into deep dreamy meditation and feel myself slip out into spirit. i'm not sure but it seems like for me the more I overthink it the less success I have. whatever works best for you! best of luck on your journeys! :)
Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 AM
vivid dreamer

I have another question to add to my original post...

What position is your body usually when you have an AP/OBE? I can only meditate sitting as opposed to laying down. Do you feel like you can have an AP/OBE in one position over the other?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

I've been trying the same things as of late but to go from a lucid dream to an oobe takes a lot of practice for someone without experience or a natural gift. There are handful of layers to a lucid dream, and most people can only have an oobe if they can get to the fourth layer. If that's the means that you would like to use I'd suggest learning as much about lucid dreaming as you can and meditate at least once a day every day. If you're not gifted in that area it could take several weeks or months of practice before you have a any breakthroughs.

As far as oobe's and astral projection I'd also recommend you do a good bit of meditation and reading on the subject so you can understand what an oobe or astral projection are and how they work. Two great books that anyone should read if they're interested in the subject are Astral dynamics by Robert Bruce and Journeys out of body by Robert Monroe. Both of those books offer a great deal of information on techniques and explanation of the various realms and types of entities you may encounter. I think it is far better to be prepared for what you might experience instead of diving in head first without a clue.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:12 AM
InCarna

hmmmm I hadnt thought about what position i prefer before! seems like most of the time sitting works better but if I'm feeling achy that day (i have fibro so I get pains sometimes and it can be really distracting from meditation and astral and stuff) i'll lay down so I'm more comfortable and relaxed. I prefer whatever is the most comfy, its like falling into a waking dream i hear things going on around me but i'm more focused on spirit. i listen to music a lot too, that seems to help lots :)
Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Master

Any method works for me. I imagine playing tennis, swimming, jumping on a trampoline and bending my knees. Bending my knees is not very exciting. Anything will work when it is meant to work.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

I've visualized going up an escalator or riding on a hot air balloon. What ever would give me the feeling of going up.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Knower
Dream conversion worked for me. It was amazing.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Yeah usually the vibrational state does occur when your sleep isn't the best. In the past I've set myself an alarm after sleeping for a few hours, I get up get something to drink, use the rest room, and then lay back down for a bit. Usually that makes it easier for me to have sleep paralysis and then enter the vibrational state. I make sure my whole body is vibrating and after a while they slow down and everything becomes quite for me and that's when I attempt to exit.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:49 AM
vivid dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzymandius
Dream conversion worked for me. It was amazing.

Could you tell me more about your experience and how you got it to work?